Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

US Mint 2021 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set: Composition?

Comments

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smuglr said:
    @Jzyskowski1 Right this should put the W around 425,000 mintage, and thats before the end of the year "history of the 2021 ASE" set lol. I'll be glad when the USM is done with 2021 ASE releases.

Don't worry, they'll be back at it in 2022.

Remember the year's motto:

Screw-up new in '22

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Passing on this one and eagles all together. No more. Super special unusual finish maybe. The rest is a closed book. Buffalo nickels and something else just undecided. Not playing the peace dollar and Morgan beyond this year. Maybe a proof or something specific but not getting caught up in that offering.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

Strong pass for me.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the set but not the price.
    Will wait for a Kennedy in PR70 DCAM on the secondary market.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am calling it quits on ASE. Last one purchased with the two coin set.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Shows availableCount 27558

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

@Baycity said:

Shows availableCount 27558

Was showing slightly over 50,000 a couple of days ago. This available count thing is kind of shaky from what I have seen lately.

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Pinehurst is offering $300 😂

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

$300 might be about right. It’s too early to laugh

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    $300 might be about right. It’s too early to laugh

I can't imagine it going higher. These are never that popular

• Options

Idiot flippers

Less than 10minute sell out, unless the system hasn’t change and then maybe an hour and a half

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every coin has already been issued. Nothing new here except the box.

• Options

T minus 79 minutes.

• Options
    d9lowed9lowe Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭

Im on the fence. Would really like the two ASEs and the Delaware quarter.

• Options

I am contemplating it....not sure yet.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck. I have been lucky to get all these coins separately. I usually wait several months if there is something I need in a slab. Hopefully October starts with a good experience with this set.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not in on this one. The grading fees alone on this summers purchases in addition to the nut roll of mint charges that will be hitting this month…

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Idiot flippers

Less than 10minute sell out, unless the system hasn’t change and then maybe an hour and a half

There is very little flip interest in these coins…

Pinehurst is the only offer I have seen. They are offering $300.
    If you take the cost of 235+60 for the FedEx label +5 dollars for mint shipping… There’s literally $0 gain.

I predict these will be available tomorrow in the household limit will be lifted at noon.

There’s just no flip interest here

BST references available on request

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

11802xxx. Easy

• Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

USM1180

• Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Was literally a 10 second process today. Never had a quicker, smoother ordering experience. Not a half second of hiccup in the entire pipeline.

USM1179

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Idiot flippers

There is very little flip interest in these coins…

Pinehurst is the only offer I have seen. They are offering $300.
    If you take the cost of 235+60 for the FedEx label +5 dollars for mint shipping… There’s literally $0 gain.

I predict these will be available tomorrow in the household limit will be lifted at noon.

Why Fed Ex simple first class or priority mail still nets $50.00 not bad for sitting at work playing on the Internet anyways might as well score $50 but it took 10 tries as it kept showing could not find! Argh! :) $50.00 is $50.00! B)

• Options

Mine just kept saying page could not be found after completing checkout. Just gave up instead since not sure how much I wanted this particular release. Did seem like the site was working really smooth though

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2021 9:11AM

As a dealer, the money to be made here is on the slab label with the word “set” on it

• Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

The page I'm looking for can't be found.

Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options

Got one. That was 10 minutes of keyboard stress :D . I was checking out with 20 seconds of the release. Continued checkout page failures. USM12052xxx.

Just under 30K left per the page source.

• Options
    FredFFredF Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2021 9:22AM

USM11831XXX - had one time when I got bounced back to the home page, but my order was in my bag. Second time it worked.

My assumption here is that there is no demand for this, and that I just way overpaid for a product, because anything that is in high demand, I never get.

EDIT: I checked out at 12:02. At 12:21 ET there is still availability. Nobody seems to care about this one, likely due to the price.

Successful BST (me as buyer) with: Collectorcoins, PipestonePete, JasonRiffeRareCoins

• Options
    Boboso5Boboso5 Posts: 22
    edited October 1, 2021 9:28AM

@Coinnmore said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I want to agree with you on that. I have been buying these since their first release in 2012. It has never seemed to be an issue getting one. Some years I bought three sets. That said, 2020 and 2021 have been very different.

Page Source count is 15810 (remaining) at 9:26 PST

• Options

Was a much easier process this time. I also got the 'page not found' a few times also after final submit was hit, but eventually went thru.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

And so my frenzied year of 2021 US Mint product purchases comes to a close.....sort of....three different products in "processing" and three more different products in "back order"

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pinehurst offers $300, Mint sells them for $235 plus shipping, you pay postage for Pimehurst and they fill up!!
    Damn funny.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    FredFFredF Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Still over 4800 left. Wish the Morgan and Peace dollars had gone like this.

Successful BST (me as buyer) with: Collectorcoins, PipestonePete, JasonRiffeRareCoins

• Options

arent previous versions of this set (aside from the eagles) usually 90% silver? everything in this set is 99.9%. would that make the rest of the coins a bit more of a rare issue?

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

still available 12:30 pm pacific time ...

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still available almost 4 hours in.

I guess $82/ounce was too high?

• Options

Over 2900 left.

• Options

these are never a hot set

• Options

there are over 800 new listings for these on ebay

• Options
    Boboso5Boboso5 Posts: 22
    edited October 1, 2021 1:25PM

Pinehurst quit buying sets at 10:30 am (Pacific time)

• Options

@Boboso5 said:

Pinehurst quit buying sets at 10:30 am (Pacific time)

No surprise there.

• Options

@Sumdude said:
    arent previous versions of this set (aside from the eagles) usually 90% silver? everything in this set is 99.9%. would that make the rest of the coins a bit more of a rare issue?

No. They've switched everything over. All available, in much larger mintages, in the other silver sets already released this year. Nothing special except the box.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Sumdude said:

No. They've switched everything over. All available, in much larger mintages, in the other silver sets already released this year. Nothing special except the box.

Again, the $ is in the slab label

• Options

@jessewvu said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Sumdude said:

Again, the $ is in the slab label

Oh, I agree. This set is for label collectors. But it also means the set itself won't hold up.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sumdude said:

Last year’s set was also 0.999 for all the coins.

• Options

1750 sets left at this time.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted this in the other 2021 Silver proof set thread:

Well if you bought the 2 proofs when they were available from the mint they were $73 each so that's $146 right there. that leaves the other 4 coins for $22.50 each. The Kennedy is selling on eBay (raw) for an average of around $50. so leaves the 2 quarters and the dime at a price of $13 each (which I haven't looked up their selling prices yet) - so bullion wise it's obviously not a good deal - but numismatically I don't see a problem.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    I posted this in the other 2021 Silver proof set thread:

Well if you bought the 2 proofs when they were available from the mint they were $73 each so that's $146 right there. that leaves the other 4 coins for $22.50 each. The Kennedy is selling on eBay (raw) for an average of around $50. so leaves the 2 quarters and the dime at a price of $13 each (which I haven't looked up their selling prices yet) - so bullion wise it's obviously not a good deal - but numismatically I don't see a problem.

In the whole set, I only like the Washington Crossing river coin.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:
    [ In the whole set, I only like the Washington Crossing river coin.]

Many of them on eBay if you actually want to buy one..............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

There are really people who are surprised that these didn't sell out in 15 minutes or less? There are really people who are surprised these are still available as I post this (8:45pm)? To those who ponied up for this, I sincerely hope you bought it simply to enjoy it. I've allowed myself to be punished by the Mint for I don't even know HOW many items this year, but this wasn't going to be one of them.....insanely priced.

I'll come up with something.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file