Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hope my Secret Santa bought this for me?

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

One can hope as I've drooled over it a few times and now I see it's on Hold.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, mine did.

[Bought it for me.]

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2021 6:29AM

How good were you this year? o:)

Here's the TrueView :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I surely hope that is under MY Christmas Tree this year..... I have been exceptionally well behaved and helpful to the needy, kind to animals and tolerant of those who lack social skills. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Treashunt said:
    Nope, mine did.

[Bought it for me.]

Huh... Well if you see someone hanging out on your roof by the chimney on Christmas Eve it's just me. ;)

• Options

@Zoins said:

Real good and thanks as I never even ventured to glance at that.

• Options
    edited September 23, 2021 6:53AM

@Broadstruck said:

@Zoins said:

It takes some effort now.

It could be made easier if slabs had a QR code on the front. Then you could just click on it in an iPhone and go to the cert page.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:

@Treashunt said:
    Nope, mine did.

[Bought it for me.]

Huh... Well if you see someone hanging out on your roof by the chimney on Christmas Eve it's just me. ;)

Okay, so I won't shoot.

Thanks for the gift by the way

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@Broadstruck said:

@Zoins said:

It takes some effort now.

It could be made easier if slabs had a QR code on the front. Then you could just click on it in an iPhone and go to the cert page.

Yes. And the cert page could also have 360 degree images of the coin. Moving into the 21st century...

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

@ricko said:
    I surely hope that is under MY Christmas Tree this year..... I have been exceptionally well behaved and helpful to the needy, kind to animals and tolerant of those who lack social skills. ;) Cheers, RickO

Tis too dark for you... Santa instead will leave you a much preferred bright white Gallery Mint copy ;)

• Options

@Broadstruck said:

@ricko said:

Tis too dark for you... Santa instead will leave you a much preferred bright white Gallery Mint copy ;)

Here's a whiter one :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah.... I like that one.... Very nice. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

comment removed due to negativity

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been married for 46 years.
    My wife is not going to buy this or any other coin for me. :(
    She is still the best thing that happened to me so I'll lovely keep her. :)
    Wayne
    P.S. Wanted: A person who will buy coins for me. lol
    W

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be visiting for that coin😃

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HashTag said:

@oih82w8 said:
    comment removed due to negativity

THIS, this right here is my answer to the “What would you like to see changed thread”. Please just delete the whole thing. It makes some of us crazy or in my case crazier wondering what was said.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter.

Regards
    David

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2021 3:36AM

The OP coins looks like it actually makes the grade. I have seen a couple them that didn’t.

The big problem with the Flowing Hair Dollars is that some of the most common varieties came softly struck. That means that they were lacking the sharp hair detail from the beginning. Wear only makes the situation worse.

As for getting a coin like this as a gift, consider yourself lucky if you get a chance to buy it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file