Home U.S. Coin Forum

TNA Coin Show.. Arlington, TX

RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not really do show reports but wanted to put this out for anyone in the area.
Show was packed. A lot A LOT of gold and silver. Saw an AWESOME Bechtler 27 grains dollar in AU58. Nice numismatics!

5$ to park. One of the more active Bourse I have seen in awhile.
A lot A LOT of Morgan.

I was going to relax a bit so did not buy anything.

Comments

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s good news for me. A local dealer friend is on the lookout for some gold for me and is at TNA. I’ll see him next month with hopefully several newps. :)

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed this show, and it was soooo close to my place. Maybe next time?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is always tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday.

It was interesting in that dealers clearly had no clue what to bring to sell. There was more jewelry, oil lamps, fossils, etc. than usual at the TNA show.

Five or six "trade only" buyers took tables - that's also more than usual.

AND for the first time in a long time, raw coins outnumbered slabbed.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a good day on the bourse, buying mostly. Strong bullion prices, but some deals to be had. Don’t try and ask for a CC dollar...zoinks! Overall, seemed busy....did see a bunch of non-coins, and a ton of paper money. Several dealers said they hadn’t sold much. My guess is they were priced too high, as I was watching a lot of $$$$ change hands.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the TNA!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the show report. Not surprised at the bullion market.... I think it will go higher shortly. Cheers, RickO

• SMCSMC Posts: 15 ✭✭

Was at the show for most of the day yesterday. Performed duties as exhibit judge for PM. Really nice very educational PM exhibits and all were fun and exciting. Dont do the coin thing anymore much so cannot comment on them. Very lively bourse with a lot of money changing hands. Two dealers said selling was good but they could not buy that much. Not much in my collecting area but lots of large size and foreign seemed to be doing well. Fossils and gems were more prevalent than in past years. Really good silent book auction, but could not bid as was not going back today. Only COVID-19 thing was the snack bar was only accepting cards--no actual cash, but then they handed you your food and drink with bare hands! Great to be back at a good show again!

Clark was innocent
  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought about going to this show, but it's a pretty good haul from San Antonio, a bit long for a day trip. From what I've heard from other sources, it's been a busy and active show.

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just returned from the show. A couple of nice EAC pickups. Very good crowd. Nice to see some old friends after a couple of years.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldabeintx said:
    Just returned from the show. A couple of nice EAC pickups. Very good crowd. Nice to see some old friends after a couple of years.

Please share pics of your EAC newps when you get a chance!

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2021 3:44PM

I hope the trends continue until the upcoming Raleigh NC show in two weeks. I am on the lookout for a number of items and have lots to sell.

Edited to add: Thanks for the show report!

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SurfinxHI said:
    I had a good day on the bourse, buying mostly. Strong bullion prices, but some deals to be had. Don’t try and ask for a CC dollar...zoinks! Overall, seemed busy....did see a bunch of non-coins, and a ton of paper money. Several dealers said they hadn’t sold much. My guess is they were priced too high, as I was watching a lot of $$$$ change hands.

Sorry. Do you mean 2021 privy mark dollar or Morgan actually minted at Carson City?

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@SurfinxHI said:

Sorry. Do you mean 2021 privy mark dollar or Morgan actually minted at Carson City?

I mean CC dollars in general. Not new mint stuff.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭

Surfinxhi were you lost
    Hope to see you in Hawaii

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stunning wreath cent, @oldabeintx !

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the show report.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Stunning wreath cent, @oldabeintx !

Many thanks, was tough to find one that just had normal even wear, no porosity and an even brown color. Now for a chain without issues- hope I live long enough.

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easily one of the best Texas shows ANACS has had since I became the Texas rep in 2013. Friday was particularly busy for us, and it was hard to get away from the table even for a restroom break. Every dealer I know was happy, and several said they had sold items they'd had in inventory for a long time.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file