Home Sports Talk

New York Giants fan punches holes in the wall

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

A New York Giants fan was so upset that the Eagles got Devonta Smith in the NFL draft, that he punched two holes in the wall. His wife got up from the couch and let him have it. I can't post the video here because if language, but if you want to see it, follow the link. It's hilarious.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/n4e5hq/giants_fan_punches_holes_into_wall_after_eagles/

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I think these are pre set up for social media, this one I’m not sure but either way I can see someone getting that upset over a loss in the playoffs or something but over a WR being drafted? Overreacting in my opinion

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 4:31AM

That was an over reaction, heck, I was disappointed when the Panthers didn't get Mac Jones, but I didn't punch the wall. I threw up, but I didn't punch the wall.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Sometimes I think these are pre set up for social media, this one I’m not sure but either way I can see someone getting that upset over a loss in the playoffs or something but over a WR being drafted? Overreacting in my opinion

I agree with ya.

Another possibility is the guy had a prop bet on it for a decent chunk of change, and lost.

I'm not even sure if prop bets are offered on the draft?

In all fairness to New York sports fans, there are so many harsh chemicals in their water supply, that it grotesquely affects their brains and causes bizarre behavior.

;)

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya.

Another possibility is the guy had a prop bet on it for a decent chunk of change, and lost.

Yes they sure are. I lost $25 on Justin Fields going in the 8 spot. I was throwing a dart thinking the Pats would trade with Carolina

@stevek

In all fairness to Philadelphia sports fans, shouldn’t you still basking in the glow of one your once a century championship seasons.

;)

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

No fair, he was supposed to be our pick, our guy. Now we have to settle for the Jets discarded scraps. I'm disgusted!

• I'd have just gotten another beer and moved on.

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya.

Yes they sure are. I lost $25 on Justin Fields going in the 8 spot. I was throwing a dart thinking the Pats would trade with Carolina

Oh so there are prop bets on the NFL draft. Very interesting.

Wonder what the odds were on Trevor Lawrence? Perhaps no betting allowed on that one - mortal lock first pick. LOL

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    @stevek

In all fairness to Philadelphia sports fans, shouldn’t you still basking in the glow of one your once a century championship seasons.

;)

That's why i eat healthy to try to live at least a hundred years so i can catch another one of those championship seasons.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always thought it was incredibly stupid to destroy your own things/property when angry. Its just more stuff for me to fix. more money and time. just have some self control and move on

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is nothing new but at least that Giants fan incident isn’t as bad as this one. :D:D:D
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ

Sam Darnold.

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya.

Wonder what the odds were on Trevor Lawrence? Perhaps no betting allowed on that one - mortal lock first pick. LOL

LOL it was MINUS 10,000

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PACKER221 said:
    I'd have just gotten another beer and moved on.

Welcome to Sports Talk @PACKER221

edited May 4, 2021 8:35AM

Speaking of holes in the wall, I remember when Odell Beckham Jr punched a hole in the wall outside the Giants locker room after they lost to the Packers years ago in the playoffs. I think he had a bad game with some dropped passes in that game.

Odell was great at making routine catches look spectacular and not showing up in big games.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Speaking of holes in the wall, I remember when Odell Beckham Jr punched a hole in the wall outside the Giants locker room after they lost to the Packers years ago in the playoffs. I think he had a bad game with some dropped passes in that game.

At least he didn’t lose that fight like he did with the kicking net :p:p:p

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

That kicking net beat the crap out of Odell, it caught him with a vicious left hook!

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

That kicking net beat the crap out of Odell, it caught him with a vicious left hook!

Further proof that wide receivers should use both hands, Odell!!!

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Further proof that wide receivers should use both hands, Odell!!!

If I were odell, I would have dropped my helmet and pounced on that net and beat the heck out of it, there's no way I would let that kicking net show me up on national television!

edited May 4, 2021 10:25AM

Nope, I'm sorry, but until Odell Beckham has the guts for a rematch, the kicking net will remain the undisputed champion. If Odell wants another shot at the title, all he has to do is sign the contract for a rematch. Until then, the net wears the belt!

Odell is like Tommy, and as well all know?

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya.

LOL it was MINUS 10,000

Tough way to make a buck...or maybe an easy way. LOL

I would imagine if the odds the other way were say 7,500-1...there would be a number of dreamers putting a few dollars on it. I mean a $10 bet gets ya 75k, hoping some other team at the last minute makes Jacksonville an overwhelming offer for Lawrence that they couldn't refuse.

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya.

LOL it was MINUS 10,000

I would imagine if the odds the other way were say 7,500-1...there would be a number of dreamers putting a few dollars on it. I mean a $10 bet gets ya 75k, hoping some other team at the last minute makes Jacksonville an overwhelming offer for Lawrence that they couldn't refuse.

Agreed. But honestly the city of Jacksonville would literally burn if they did anything other than draft Lawrence lol Zach Wilson was Minus 2000 and that probably didn’t get too much action. Tough action to put enough money down to make anything substantial

Check out this video from a few years back of a Saints fan obliterating his TV because he was mad about the Saints losing to the Rams in the NFC Championship game. Pure destruction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1cBZMWF9VU

edited May 4, 2021 11:39AM

There's so much destruction in this thread, let's get some guitar music going!

Odell is like Tommy, and as well all know?

I hated Tommy Gunn's manager, he was a cheap imitation of Don King, and Rocky had to set him straight on a few things!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Oh, you have to see this video, a Seahawks fan was upset about Russell Wilson throwing the ball at the goal line in the Super Bowl when they lost to the Patriots. He destroys the TV by running and jumping into the screen. Pure destruction!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XgepmUrbHyg

Just because we need a bite gif on this thread!

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya.

LOL it was MINUS 10,000

Agreed. But honestly the city of Jacksonville would literally burn if they did anything other than draft Lawrence lol Zach Wilson was Minus 2000 and that probably didn’t get too much action. Tough action to put enough money down to make anything substantial

Yea, putting the $10 on a lottery ticket probably had a better chance. LOL

Off the ladder and through the tables, their bodies are broken in half, pure destruction!

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

You SHOULD think it's set up - because it almost certainly was. Why is it being recorded? Why do the wife's mannerisms not really match her angry words? Why is the guy that upset over a WR? And so on.

This thread has gotten me all crazy, I wish I could show off my Terry Bradshaw nudes. You're all lucky I'm not allowed!

@doubledragon said:
    This thread has gotten me all crazy, I wish I could show off my Terry Bradshaw nudes. You're all lucky I'm not allowed!

If you mention Terry Bradshaw nudes one more time, then i will strongly consider not voting for you again for Poster of the Year award.

I am not bluffing. I'm serious. I really mean it. Don't force me to change my vote.

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

If you mention Terry Bradshaw nudes one more time, then i will strongly consider not voting for you again for Poster of the Year award.

I am not bluffing. I'm serious. I really mean it. Don't force me to change my vote.

You can say anything you want about me, but leave my Terry Bradshaw nudes alone!

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

New York fans are so accustomed to having their team’s’ owners buy every player that they want, they can’t losing out on one. Having said that, I would say that this was staged for the media.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:
    New York fans are so accustomed to having their team’s’ owners buy every player that they want, they can’t losing out on one. Having said that, I would say that this was staged for the media.

To which teams are you referring?

Giants have never been big free agent players, Knicks can’t get people to come play there and there’s no way to buy players at a draft. The Nets aren’t really beloved in New York, the Mets just got the best free agent who now can’t hit a baseball and the Jets are still the Jets.

I assume you’re referring to the Yankees and even that really isn’t the case since George Steinbrenner died.

edited May 5, 2021 6:21AM

I assume you’re referring to the Yankees and even that really isn’t the case since George Steinbrenner died.

Steinbrenner leaves a rotten taste in my mouth. One of stunts that the Yankees were always able to pull off was to pick up an impact player late in the season in exchange for "a player to be named later" who was no more than a minor leaguer who never made it. The Yankees gave up nothing but money, which Steinbrenner printed in the basement of Yankee Stadium, and went on to win another championship.

As for the Giants, who have they lost to free agency who amounted to anything? That's a factor too. It's not just who you sign; it's also who you get to keep. You might say Odell Beckem, but he's not set the world on fire in Cleveland, and he was also a head case.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

there have been some pretty good baby fits thrown by MLBers over the years. Paul ONeil comes to mind first. David Ortiz also took his frustration out on a dugout phone once. I think it was in Baltimore.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@BillJones said:

Steinbrenner leaves a rotten taste in my mouth. One of stunts that the Yankees were always able to pull off was to pick up an impact player late in the season in exchange for "a player to be named later" who was no more than a minor leaguer who never made it. The Yankees gave up nothing but money, which Steinbrenner printed in the basement of Yankee Stadium, and went on to win another championship.

As for the Giants, who have they lost to free agency who amounted to anything? That's a factor too. It's not just who you sign; it's also who you get to keep. You might say Odell Beckem, but he's not set the world on fire in Cleveland, and he was also a head case.

I miss George. I liked winning better than watching Brian Cashman hide his mistakes with no consequence and bask in the glory of signing Gerritt Cole for another decade of no titles.

As for the Red Sox, was there anyone of significance on the 2004 team that wasn’t bought and paid for?

This is how you win in baseball; to be honest, I wish the big market teams would stop trying to play like the Rays. They do it out of need.

Spend and win is the American way; look around at our civilization and tell me that’s not the truth! 😂😂😂

Reigning Champs

Bucs - bought Brady and others
    Dodgers - Betts and others
    Lakers - LeBron and Davis
    Hockey - not my thing, sorry

It’s how you do it, like it or not

I can live without the NBA. The whole league should be moved to China. I could could care less what their players do.

@BillJones said:
    I can live without the NBA. The whole league should be moved to China. I could could care less what their players do.

Same here but we still hear about Lebron whether we like it or not 🙄