Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please post your Seated Liberty images.

Comments

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2021 10:57AM

Here's a counterfeit that was on eBay. The auction was stopped by the seller. If someone here is interested in acquiring it, I may be able to put you in touch with the seller.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@paesan said:
    Another raw pick-up and thanks for the photos, Vern!

Lenny,
    The stories that coin could tell if only it could talk! It served it's purpose well.

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@paesan said:
    This coin was straight graded in an ANACS-15 holder. I busted it out for an album. Can't really tell what the black stuff is but I don't want to mess with it...

From the web: Silver turns black reacting with sulphur compounds such as hydrogen sulphide (H2S) present in air. The black substance formed is silver sulphide.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been a while since these have seen the light of day . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

@HalfDimeDude said:

1847 MPD look between the date and rock.....

I simply love the look of that coin irrespective of MPD.

• Options
    HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:

@HalfDimeDude said:

1847 MPD look between the date and rock.....

I simply love the look of that coin irrespective of MPD.

Well thank you this was a funny story....as I cherry picked this from a collector that is top of the mark collector. I liked it ,knew it was a variety and a nice one to boot...so I shot him an offer...he accepted and then I just so happen to mention oh btw.....lol.
    But he has made up afterwards as on a few other occasions Ive pm him and said.....hey boss there is more meat on that bone!

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

The 1875CC Double Dime (VF20) posted above is a beautiful coin. This 1876 is a favorite from my Everyman set. With a low mintage, the 1876 20 Cent Pieces seem to be underrated.

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:
    Sometimes you get a surprise when obtaining a 90% silver bag or grouping!

What were you expecting for a 90% bag? Post 1932 mix? I was thinking when I saw the obverse that it was a Huge O variety.

I had a 6 coin grouping of seated quarters off ebay a few years back that had not 1 but 2 Huge O. One graded F2 the other AG3. It was no surprise to me though as I could see it in the reverse pic.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options

@fastfreddie said:

@sedulous said:
    Sometimes you get a surprise when obtaining a 90% silver bag or grouping!

What were you expecting for a 90% bag? Post 1932 mix? I was thinking when I saw the obverse that it was a Huge O variety.

I had a 6 coin grouping of seated quarters off ebay a few years back that had not 1 but 2 Huge O. One graded F2 the other AG3. It was no surprise to me though as I could see it in the reverse pic.

Agree that a majority of what I expect out of a 90% bag will be later-date material. I do not expect Seated material in a 90% put-together bag to be a regular occurrence.

• Options
    Nathan401Nathan401 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

I just recently got an 1840 with Drapery that is my profile pic. Vf35 on that Lady.

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an awesome half dime indeed. It reminds me of the F-105c 1839 Seated dime with the pie shaped die cracks on the obverse.

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that die crack!!

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@Legacy said:

Those are three beautiful coins from paesan. Here is an 1876 Twenty Cent Piece - favorite year from my favorite series.

Wish I can find one in VF to complete my 4-coin set.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file