Home Precious Metals
Options

$̶2̶5̶ $30 Silver

123457»

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes speculators to drive up a market. They are the real market makers.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monster box at apmex today is $13/oz premium. Yikes

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

If silver closes below $26.50 then short market momentum is in play and we may drop to $24.xx representing another great paper play to the upside

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

@carew4me said:
    If silver closes below $26.50 then short market momentum is in play and we may drop to $24.xx representing another great paper play to the upside

Closed below your threshold... We shall see. Personally, I don't see that scenario. More of the same sideways and narrow trading ranges that we've seen over the last 12 month is my short term forecast.

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

I vote that either @carew4me or @OPA are correct.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021 9:05PM

spot is currently irrelevant

we are past $30 silver

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    edited February 14, 2021 1:57PM

ETF SLV unable to obtain physical silver?

Very recent change to SLV prospectus:

"The demand for silver may temporarily exceed available supply that is acceptable for delivery to the Trust, which may adversely affect an investment in the Shares."

"Such occurrence may lead to further volatility in Share price and deviations, which may be significant, in the market price of the Shares relative to the NAV.”

Expect an imminent assassination attempt on spot silver in the futures exchange. It's the only weapon at SLV's JPM's disposal. It's their only hope of reducing physical demand.

• Options

"Expect an imminent assassination attempt on spot silver in the futures exchange. It's the only weapon at SLV's JPM's disposal. It's their only hope of reducing physical demand."

Interesting assessment. Only time will tell if it pans out. But you need to ask yourself, why would JPM even consider doing it? They love higher priced commodities with abnormal volatilities. B)

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    "Expect an imminent assassination attempt on spot silver in the futures exchange. It's the only weapon at SLV's JPM's disposal. It's their only hope of reducing physical demand."

Interesting assessment. Only time will tell if it pans out. But you need to ask yourself, why would JPM even consider doing it? They love higher priced commodities with abnormal volatilities. B)

Last I heard via the Bulgarians mind you, JPM was sitting on massive amounts of physical. Makes no sense they would want to assassinate the spot price. Problem with all these conspiracies is that they spew so many they can't keep track of them all. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited February 14, 2021 5:05PM

@OPA said:

They love stockpiling cheap commodities even more. They have all the money they need, they're preparing for dollar destruction. JPM is the ultimate stacker.

• Options

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

They love stockpiling cheap commodities even more. They have all the money they need, they're preparing for dollar destruction. JPM is the ultimate stacker.

I believe you made a similar comment about 10 years ago....We shall see if your proven correct this time around.

• Options
    edited February 14, 2021 6:34PM

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

I believe you made a similar comment about 10 years ago....We shall see if your proven correct this time around.

you were stacking 10 years ago and I assume you are still stacking as well. Does that mean you were wrong 10 years ago or are you just 10 years closer to being right? :o

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to 10 more years of reading your posts, watching the dollar rust, and putting more little silver fetish items into our lock-boxes!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

you were stacking 10 years ago and I assume you are still stacking as well. Does that mean you were wrong 10 years ago or are you just 10 years closer to being right? :o

Actually, I've been unloading PM's for about 18 month now and don't have any plans to jump back in. I'm a strong believer in cash.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2021 1:45AM

Predictions: $50 physical end of month, $150+ end of year.

We are in the "people are realizing we live in a failed state with no social safety nets" stage. This is not a political post and I am not attacking either side, here. I think all of them suck and my countrymen are all that matter, really.

Gold and silver haven't gone totally crazy but pet food and human food are running low, people still think there's a chance of "going back to normal", but sadly we live in a failed state so without covid things still wouldn't be getting better.

It seems TONS of people have forgotten how bad 2019 was. People were already struggling really bad before covid kicked off. Some people had 3 jobs and still had to monetize their hobby. This is a failed state and the ammo shortage only reinforces this, and that others feel this way.

Idk about you guys but the Oregon river valley is crumbling. Tent cities, crime, cars broken into, shootings. We just had an ice storm so now fires, number of houseless rising when it was already bad enough, and now those ppl will get sick for having to be human sardines in a plague.

I watched a presumed attacker follow my neighbor up his stairs only to get locked out at the last second. Looked deadass into my camera. People are desperate.

I do think silver dimes and smaller silver is the real moneymaker here. A year ago when ppl still had money maybe it was about the ounces. But now that ppl put things off until it was too late? Oof we are in for a ride. There are tons of people doing a hail Mary pass with what little they have just to get out of USD. Even people with small amounts of money are panicking.

I would've been stacking 40% three months ago if I wasnt so busy buying ammo.

If you can't afford gold and silver now, buy canned meats and other stable foods and just trade later.

It only took Bosnia 4 days for rifles and ammo to become the default currency. Then people traded gold here and there when they got done raiding peoples homes. You can read the reports from survivors on how quickly everything fell apart.

I don't want to scare anyone here because I do think we will walk out of this. It might be hard but life has never been easy.

Stack and hold and we will all be rich.

https://www.reddit.com/r/povertyfinance/comments/lfaxjy/anyone_else_feel_like_necessities_have_stealthily/

• Options

Today

"Gold price slumps to 2.5-mo. low" :D

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 4:11PM

The whole stock market went red today. Something like 80% of the currency ever printed was done in 2021. There's another $1.9tn coming, hah. USD has never been weaker.

Turns out BlackRock dumped tons of gold at the end of 2020. I'm okay with walking behind them and picking up crumbs from trillionaires.

I'd have kept lots of gold if there was any faith left in, well, lots of things. 4 months after a promised 2k stimulus, and a month since a new administration took their supermajority, there is still no money for starving Americans. I am radical left and love guns and it looks like the red team and blue team have never been closer; it's pretty weird to see but okay cool.

I think people are realizing these were never gender or race wars or political feuds, but a full blown class war against us.

I'm buying silver because "it's actively falling apart this time". I'm also buying Maples because I believe the RCM will outlive the US mint. Canadians can expand when global warming melts their snowy North and they need agriculture, mines and water.

Maples are the highest FV silver in the world and buying eagles from a failed state will only serve to cost you money later and your money less liquid. I'm not trying to be political here because I hate every single one of them.

But these are considerations I think everyone should take into account.

@OPA said:
    It takes speculators to drive up a market. They are the real market makers.

And a shortage of something means it is highly undervalued. If the last 9 months can't convince someone this is a buy I don't know what will.

More stock market wins for people my age and you can kiss buying metals online goodbye. This shortage isn't getting better - it's not even on track to start getting better.

I can't wait to see what the top of this is gonna be - it's very exciting.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 4:27PM

@DrBuster said:
    Monster box at apmex today is $13/oz premium. Yikes

To be honest, silver is still on sale. Gonna snag another 50 of something before they're $50/ea, because once we hit that, $100/EA won't be far. Some pretty new eagles are already over $50 so it won't be long.

If there's ever a time to have a chance at doubling your money super quick, it's right now.

People have been paying >$200 for fancy plastic for months now. When nothing is left to buy, they'll be happy to spend at least the same amt of money to try and get 1 raw government minted round.

If I was still broke, my play would be maximizing as many pretty FV dimes as I could. People with very little are bailing on USD and small silver is already very hot. Two $5 rolls already sell for a ton more than $10 FV and is always a solid play; I think it satisfies the "buy a roll of silver" itch, without having to go too heavy.

If fractional 1/10 silver and grams peak before ASE, buy as much as you can of anything, immediately. People should already be doing this.

• Options

@Azurescens said:
    I'm also buying Maples because I believe the RCM will outlive the US mint. Canadians can expand when global warming melts their snowy North and they need agriculture, mines and water.

Maples are the highest FV silver in the world and buying eagles from a failed state will only serve to cost you money later and your money less liquid.

I would disagree. My Roman gold and silver have held their value quite well. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly my denarius collection became worth more when Rome imploded. Gold is gold, no matter whose image is stamped on it or in what language the words appear.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

"USD has never been weaker." ???

• Options

Looks like we could see $3 silver before $30? Geeze. Sure hope not. I don't want to be forced further into the gutter. Would probably fall off the wagon @ $13. lolz

• Options
    edited February 18, 2021 6:38PM

@meluaufeet said:
    "USD has never been weaker." ???

We have half a million dead from covid while a lot of other countries have dozens or thousands.

Texans are in a super freeze. Their local government victim blamed them and gaslit them and proceeded to lie about climate change. Their Senator took his family to Cancun while people starve, toilets freeze, houses flood, and people die.

I live in a temperate rainforest that mostly burned down last year because we haven't had regular rain in 5 years.

People are starving. Stores are out of food. We are a legitimate, bona fide Banana Republic. Our crumbling infrastructure and lack of education has been the literal death of us for a year.

But people still ignore public health directives. People will still vote the same crooks back into office against their self-interest. We are nearing the end of Late Stage capitalism.

Hedge funds just destroyed any last vestiges of faith in the stock market. Austerity and poverty and inflation are rising as people continue suffer deaths of despair.

Our mint has shut down a couple times. Less than 1m oz of silver was mined in the US this year which means basically what this web forum alone buys. There are no manufacturing jobs or customer service jobs. Tariffs have been passed onto the working people.

As climate change continues to worsen, people will flee to natural green energy. Solar panels that last 1000 years were just invented, same with clear glass solar panels, all of which use silver.

Simply put, USD is not a reliable source of money, we are a laughingstock on the international stage, our oil exports have crumbled along with the price of oil during covid. There is no faith in our banks or our markets.

$1.1tn was printed already in 2021 with another $1.9tn on the way.

USD is no longer a smart store of wealth. The worse things get with our failed state, and the worse climate change gets, the less people are gonna want our money. A lot of countries have fled USD, a lot of people abroad have, and I'm not sure why it's taking so long for us to realize. Blind arrogance? Bias? Media manipulation? I dunno but I love my bitcoin and gold and silver and it looks like millions of others do, too.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Relax
    Count to 10
    Take care of yourself

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Next season They will send floods and mudslides, then earthquakes, wildfires, and hurricanes.
    Dang Them, why they gotta be so mean? Buy silver, it's good stuff!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

Humanity WILL persevere! B)

• Options

It hasn't been above freezing in my neck of the woods for going on 3 weeks now. We call it winter. My chickens don't seem to be enjoying the cold but they have plenty of food and water. Our grocery stores are fully stocked and spring is just around the corner. It will be 75 degrees in Texas in the next few days and we will still be below freezing. I predict we will all survive. I also don't think any of these events will drive silver to $150, $50 or even the $30 in the title of the thread. Stay warm. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    It hasn't been above freezing in my neck of the woods for going on 3 weeks now. We call it winter. My chickens don't seem to be enjoying the cold but they have plenty of food and water. Our grocery stores are fully stocked and spring is just around the corner. It will be 75 degrees in Texas in the next few days and we will still be below freezing. I predict we will all survive. I also don't think any of these events will drive silver to $150, $50 or even the $30 in the title of the thread. Stay warm. RGDS!

How's your electric bill?

• Options
    edited February 19, 2021 9:40AM

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

How's your electric bill?

Under $100 just like the other 11 months of the year. I have a woodburner and acres of trees for fuel. If I get too lazy to cut and haul wood I have a propane furnace. I did have the tank topped off once this winter. Just last week actually, right around $200. Many of my neighbors (Amish) don't even know what an electric bill is. lol

Hows your electric bill?

• Options

Unlike Texas, normal. . . for now.

• Options

@derryb said:

I wish I could live long enough to see the day when the entire planet was fueled completely by the sun, wind, and even the power of the oceans waves. Big changes coming, certainly an amazing and exciting time to be alive.

Heh if we start using enough silver to build solar panels I may even get to retire from this gutter business.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

I wish I could live long enough to see the day when the entire planet was fueled completely by the sun, wind, and even the power of the oceans waves. Big changes coming, certainly an amazing and exciting time to be alive.

Heh if we start using enough silver to build solar panels I may even get to retire from this gutter business.

When we did xmas in Iceland a few years ago it was interesting to learn their entire power grid is natural - hydro, wind, solar, geothermal.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:

When we did xmas in Iceland a few years ago it was interesting to learn their entire power grid is natural - hydro, wind, solar, geothermal.

Natural isn't the issue - it's firm versus intermittent. Hydro & geothermal are normally firm so they can produce as needed 24/7. Relying on intermittent generation seems to be the direction this country is going - and will further drive manufacturing to China and drive up our electric bills.

Subsidizing large-scale renewables with tax dollars and then paying above market rates for power - while paying for a generating plant that sits idle - is the height of stupidity. Americans do it every day...

• Options

@DrBuster said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Those Icelanders are certainly well ahead of their time. The whole planet could learn something there.

I have not been personally but the Misses and I plan to visit for the Reykjavik Marathon if and when this Covid ever lets up.

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Iceland isn't an applicable model for power production for the rest of the world. It's almost entirely hydro and geothermal. Hydro may be renewable by some definitions, but is not very environmentally friendly. Geothermal explains the 300k population of the entire country... Volcanic eruptions kill large numbers of the population every few generations. If the energy solutions aren't available, scalable, and affordable to China and India, it makes little difference.

• Options

You guys been to any gun shows lately?

Because when I said this was gonna happen, you guys laughed at me.

Found this, too.

Scottsdale is a trustworthy source, no? I'm sure someone here will tell me it's propaganda and fake doom and gloom anyway, like all that fake Reuters and BBC news and those fake first hand accounts right?

$250 EOY

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't been to any gun shows, or purchased any ammo recently... but if those prices are accurate... certainly getting expensive and scarce.

----- kj
  • Options

we're gonna see $22 silver before we see $30 silver return.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Blech!!! Dog poopie emoji.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@derryb said:

Those darn manipulators. lol