Home Precious Metals

$̶2̶5̶ $30 Silver

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holding...

It appears that silver at $25 was just a fleeting moment in 2020, with $30, a "long shot."

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

I honestly think we will see $2200-2300 gold and $30-35 silver in 2021 and $3000 gold and $50-60 silver in 2023!!! Book it!!!

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm almost hitting my head on the ceiling.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy high sell low. Merry New Year!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears that silver at $25 was just a fleeting moment in 2020, with $30, a "long shot."

That $25 fleeting moment is back.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:

That $25 fleeting moment is back.

Only time will tell for how long or if it's another "head fake" ;)

That fleeting moment lasted for a few minutes.....fleeting indeed.

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    That fleeting moment lasted for a few minutes.....fleeting indeed.

10 4

$25.31

I knew if I baited silver to stay under $25, that it would play this game. :)

I knew it would happen.
    edited December 16, 2020 5:04PM

Momentary unfleeting? Or is it defleeting? ;)

edited December 19, 2020 7:51AM

Momentary unfleeting? Or is it defleeting?

I think it just undefleeted again. It blew back past $25 like it wasn't even there. B)

I knew it would happen.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Silver!

Boing!
    I sold at 45 last time and feel like I need an exit plan this time. Been thinking about selling at half the stack at 35-40 if it ever gets there. And then hold the rest either to 45 or keep it as it goes back down.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2020 9:27PM

ah!

the stimulus bill stimulated the PMs.

so long as everyone else is jumping off a bridge.

"it will establish a floor -- not a ceiling -- for stimulus in 2021."

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:
    Silver!

Double boing!

• DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Silver!

Double boing!

And here I was thinking we were going to see a 10% uptick in the next 2 weeks...

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

patience. Silver shot up almost 10% in Hong Kong from Friday close before the big banks iced the rally overnight.
    The spring is coiling! $30 shiny soon.

Loves me some shiny!

"Somebody" sure didn't want silver at over $27.

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    "Somebody" sure didn't want silver at over $27.

Looks like the manipulators were pulled back to reality yet again. Almost makes one wish they never touched this gutter metal.

Oh well, groundhog day can't last forever. Thanks!

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a manipulator or somebody sitting on millions of ounces and looking for an exit.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

Is it a manipulator or somebody sitting on millions of ounces and looking for an exit.

We can't seem to get a straight story about the economy, whether it's really recovering or continuing to crater - so it's no surprise that silver can't decide which way to go......

If a major holder of silver were looking for an exit, it would imply that the economy really isn't recovering but cratering even worse instead - with little hope of a near term turnaround.

I knew it would happen.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh the economy will be booming in a month. And for the next 4 years: the land of milk and honey and free ____, again.

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

How high will it go this time, and how quickly will it get beat back down? Questions I ask myself.

@jmski52 said:

I think it just undefleeted again. It blew back past $25 like it wasn't even there. B)

Well, we're back to fleeting and undoing the undefleeted ;)

@OPA said:

@jmski52 said:

Groundhog day in the gutter. If/when it gets back to single digits I might consider.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

Groundhog day in the gutter. If/when it gets back to single digits I might consider.

You can just buy it from yourself at a discount and save on shipping to boot.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@OPA said:

@jmski52 said:

yawn

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver currently up $1.48. $26.86 oz

Kitco shows silver is currently up $1.64 overseas. $28.72 oz

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over $29 for a bit. Will we see $40 this month? :p

• chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

I was kinda hoping for $1,000 but was prepared to settle for $100.

• Night HawkNight Hawk Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

Being that it is January 31 at 10:24 PM EST, not likely to see $40 silver in January ;)

n the next month....possibly. Time to prepare to unload as the window to sell might be short lived like in 2011.

Moo... I said Moo!
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got this email from APMEX:

To our valued customers,
    APMEX Statement On Current Market Conditions:

In the last week, we have seen a dramatic shift in Silver demand from our customers. For example, the ratio of ounces sold per day was running about two times earlier in the week and closer to four times the average demand by the end of the week. Once markets closed on Friday, we saw demand hit as much as six times a typical business day and more than 12 times a normal weekend day. Combined with the extremely high demand levels, we are also seeing a surge in new customers. On Saturday alone, we added as many new customers as we usually add in a week.

Any Precious Metal dealer will take a long position in the futures market to protect against spot price exposure when the markets open. We do this because it is our goal not to take a speculative position on metal. The weekends are unique as we are not able to real-time hedge our position. We took an aggressive position this weekend, but clearly could not have predicted the volumes that were seen. We have partnerships around to world that allowed us to cover these long positions, but only to a point. Once we exceeded our comfort levels, we had little choice but to stop the sale of Silver on our website. This was a difficult decision to make and unprecedented in our history.

As we evaluate the markets, it is difficult to know where Silver's price and demand will go in the coming day and weeks. APMEX is highly capitalized and has more than $150 million in inventory to support demand. We have made strategic decisions to procure additional metal, locking up any metal we can find in the market place. We suspect premiums will rise and rise quickly, as we are seeing significant increases in our costs, when we can even locate the metal. It is also highly likely that we will need an additional day or two to fill orders based on current order counts. The one guarantee we can make to our customers is that you will only be sold metal that is on-site, or we have procured the metal with a firm commitment date from our partners. In markets like this, we feel this is the best approach a retailer can take, as no one can predict product availability.

We want to thank our customers for their patience and understanding during these turbulent times. APMEX prides itself on best in class service and delivering on promises to our customers.
    Sincerely,
    Ken Lewis
    CEO, APMEX

Silver currently at $30.31. Up $2.32.oz.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2021 6:01AM

Who's buying at these levels? Hardly anything available at APMEX or JMBullion.
    Does anyone know with absolute certainty what the future will be regarding PM's?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    Who's buying at these levels? Hardly anything available at APMEX or JMBullion.
    Does anyone know with absolute certainty what the future will be regarding PM's?

You can only buy paper. I want to buy futures and take delivery. That would eff them up. I am here to collect my 10,000 Oz's. - ummm - we don't do that - umm yes you do.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, there you go, buy price creeping up to $50 an ounce:

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

What will this do to special ASE's, ie 2006 3 piece, 2011 5 piece set, etc. Still have 5 2006 sets sealed in the Mint box, wonder if they have toned at all, been 14 + years.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

@CoinHoarder said:
    Silver currently at $30.31. Up $2.32.oz.

Per Kitco: 12.55 EST

Silver 28.48 .... +1.50

Up to a more reasonable level....It only broke the $30.00 barrier for a brief moment.

@morgansforever said:

I can tell you with absolute certainty that zeros can never be added to a PM; only to the dollars they are priced in.

Silver always falls much harder than other PMs (exc Rhodium).
    Whenever it falls over %4 in a given day it potentially sets up an easy bullish paper trade the next day.
    I will now look for re-entry into AGQ sub $50.
    This is not financial advise. I just like the metal.

Loves me some shiny!

let volatility be your friend, especially with leveraged ETFs.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go again.

@Jimnight said:
    Here we go again.

I do not believe so. $30 silver is not in the immediate future.

@OPA said:

@Jimnight said:
    Here we go again.

I do not believe so. $30 silver is not in the immediate future.

ebay sellers and APMEX agree - premiums are slowly dropping.

@OPA said:

@Jimnight said:
    Here we go again.

I do not believe so. $30 PAPER silver is not in the immediate future.

Fixed it for ya.

Loves me some shiny!

Oh, oh.....Goldman Sachs sees silver price rising to $33 an ounce. However, they did not indicate a time frame.
    Caveat emptor

edited February 3, 2021 11:34AM

Same way I have made my predictions for years now.

ball is now in the court of the retail buyers

"The direction of the next move—and its durability—now depends on retail buyers. If they keep buying, undeterred or even spurred on by this price drop, then silver metal will become more scarce in the global market. And the price will rise. And the speculators will likely jump in again, but perhaps be less twitchy to get out. Fear of Missing Out can be a powerful motivator. Then we could easily see a move to $40 or more. But if retail buyers have had their fill of volatility, and/or Reddit moves on to the next thing, then we are back to the silver market of mid-January."