Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

i guess you can't buy anything else if you have one in the bag

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Question re the WWII coins...have I missed something for many years or is this a relatively recent development...putting 2 sets of initials...for both the designer and engraver...on each side of a coin/medal?

I only noticed because the WWII silver has 4 sets of initials.

The proliferation of initials has been ongoing. It's become more common in recent years to have multiple initials. They are also increasingly "less discrete" in their placement. It's not unique to the WWII coins, but they are fairly obvious because of the very open fields on the back of those medals.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2020 5:56AM

No AGE flipped for me, but my order for WWII silver medal shipped yesterday that was placed 3 weeks ago.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@AVK1897 said:

@bestday said:

@Raufus said:

@jessewvu said:
    I’m waiting on the “big one” to show up so I can get it in my bag.... no luck on the coin yet either.

Man is that an awesome pic.

nice photo..
    Coin club bought several -- 75th gold 1 oz on the dip.. offers to buy dried up in last 3 week

The price will come back up in next few months after all those Flippers sold theirs(probably this or next month). Once most of V75 AGE are in collector's hands, the price will go up eventually.

very true ..especially with such a small mintage

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@Batman23 said:

@jessewvu said:
    Looks like there are plenty of coins that need to get to market!

Looks like they have some coins to move. They should call me up and I will take all 8 of those remaining AGEs off their hands. One easy transaction and they can stop fretting about them.

I don't understand why they are having a hard time selling them. I meet with a group every morning for "forumklatsch" and I know we would be more than happy to grab the remaining inventory.

Those 8 AGE spoken for... managers , connected Washington insiders

Nonsense. Lies. Calumny.

If they wanted to distribute them to insiders, they would do it upfront not wait for the inventory to be depleted.

Lol ..would have already been sold, instead of being carried on the books.. destined to the connected... 1st struck coins?

Whenever you're done with your wild speculation, let us know.

Still dreaming to get one eh? ...yes speculation with money ,is fun

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zilch

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not today

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

• Options

The silver V75 medal (about 10) flipped as did the 2020 Mint set (at least 2). I didn't see anything else.

Managed to snag 5 more V75 medals.

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

EOW II silver medal flipped. The 1 oz uncirculated gold eagle also flipped, first time in awhile.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zippo

• Options

Oh well...have a Happy New Year everyone...

God knows it's got to be better than the nightmare that was 2020!

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like some folks got lucky today. Now i don't need to wake up at 0725 anymore!

• Options

Nada

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    I got a AGE, non privy. It took me about 30 seconds to check out because i was messing around with my credit card..

Nice done! But premium is pretty high for that AGE.

• Options

FYI, a friend of mine told me his friend got an AGE V75 this morning.

• Options

@AVK1897 said:

Impressive and lucky for him. None of us even saw the V75 AGE flip available this morning. I really would like to know better how this mint order system works.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020 10:54AM

@AVK1897 said:

Interesting. No one here reported them flipping. Usually when someone gets one, at least someone here says they saw it but couldn’t get it in their bag or make the final purchase.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

@Batman23 said:

@AVK1897 said:

Impressive and lucky for him. None of us even saw the V75 AGE flip available this morning. I really would like to know better how this mint order system works.

He was saying that that guy was using some sort of system to login... BOTS? don't know...

• Options

@AVK1897 said:

@Batman23 said:

@AVK1897 said:

He was saying that that guy was using some sort of system to login... BOTS? don't know...

Right, but that is the part I am not understanding. I am pre-logged in with all payment information pre-logged in. I have one in the cart and ready to go. All I need is a good refresh followed by a click and click and the order should be in. Other than a bot having a better refresh rate than me, I do not see how I am going to be much behind the bot if there is a physical aspect to clicking the box by a human. I just need to see it become available, which I did not see this morning. Normally at lease a couple of us here will see the blip, which does tell how short that window is.

• Options

@AVK1897 said:

@Batman23 said:

@AVK1897 said:

Sounds right to be using bots. No way that none of us didn't even see it! Or he's playing with you.

• Options
    AVK1897AVK1897 Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020 1:34PM

Sounds right to be using bots. No way that none of us didn't even see it! Or he's playing with you.

Probably... He won't tell so... Well, my friend was offering him some good money once the "bots" guy receives the coin.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

My friend got a gold v75 on the 21st of Dec and it shipped today. She wasn’t using a bot.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    My friend got a gold v75 on the 21st of Dec and it shipped today. She wasn’t using a bot.

There’s where one of the two went from the mint’s inventory report this week.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AVK1897 said:

He's lying.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

Nope

• Options

Nada

• Options

Didn't see anything noteworthy

• Options

Wow thought I was only gonna be the only one :D

• Options

Happy New Years...

No New Years day gift from the mint...

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

Happy New Year Everyone. Catalog flipped at 0530 MST as there was one (1) mayflower 400th silver RP medal available. I did not see any of the WWII coins become available.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year !!!

• Options

Big old Nada

• Options

There was a Mayflower RP silver and a 2020 Mint set. Didn't see anything else.

• Options

Happy New Year Everyone!

• Options

It's still 2020 at the Mint..."So screw you all!"

• Options

@Kliao said:

Of course I'm here, I didn't want you to be lonely... especially if gifts were distributed today. Only two hours of sleep but I had to come play the game.... time to crawl back to the Batcave for a nap.

• Options

@Kliao said:

Too much time invested to give up now unless it happens to get removed from my cart.

G

• Options

[[Wow thought I was only gonna be the only one]]

We literally survived a pandemic...and you think the Mint is going to stop us?

• Options

@RichR said:

Don't celebrate until you're in the endzone.

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:

@AVK1897 said:

He's lying.

who will get the last laugh... not me, not you.... haha

• Options

@RichR said:

until it says "sold out"... you guys keep going....

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year, still rooting for you... :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

No way I was gonna be up at 7:30 EST today.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

I looked back and see that some at least saw if blip on the 21st. What's strange about the one who got one on the 31st is that no one even saw it blip. Like many, I've followed this every day. I've never heard of anyone getting one on a day when no one even saw a blip. That's what's so strange about the one which was snagged on the 31st.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file