Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t see it today either

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw nothing.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

'Fuhgeddaboudit'

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I did not see anything in the catalog (mayflower, WWII coins, etc...) flip

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big fat Nada

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2020 5:36AM

Could easily be that in all the weeks - months - from initial sale to official sell out that Magic Sunday was the only day when anyone could essentially easily get a V75. One just had to be there.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rufus:

"You will be silent!!!"

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Could easily be that in all the weeks - months - from initial sale to official sell out that Magic Sunday was the only day when anyone could essentially easily get a V75. One just had to be there.

Keep rubbing it in all our faces.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Doc Raufus being happy is Better than that seagull bragging how he got multiples.

Better or less bad? ;)

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    But, but, but @Raufus, you really are irritating those of us that slept in on that "Magic Sunday" where you just had to be there.
    Just be happy if one of us catches one at this late stage in the game, but don't mention how easy it was.... okay? No..don't.
    Don't even think it. Shhhh. That's better.

I won't :-)

I didn't get mine then BTW. I got mine at one of the off time offerings w just seconds to order and was just lucky.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay. Now how many are still left? 8? 6? 2? Any guesses when that SOLD OUT sign goes up?

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Onastone said:
    But, but, but @Raufus, you really are irritating those of us that slept in on that "Magic Sunday" where you just had to be there.
    Just be happy if one of us catches one at this late stage in the game, but don't mention how easy it was.... okay? No..don't.
    Don't even think it. Shhhh. That's better.

I won't :-)

I didn't get mine then BTW. I got mine at one of the off time offerings w just seconds to order and was just lucky.

Sounds like the mob wants you to go down to your knees and apologize for your “faux” privilege🙄

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

nothing

• Options

Nothing for me today

• Options

Nada

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Big fat Nada

Yet again.

• Options

No red light, green light for me today...at least I didn't see it

• Options

Nada

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Did anything flip?

• Options
    edited December 29, 2020 11:44AM

AGE privy 1,939 (6 left) +2
    ASE privy 74,795 (205 left) +10
    1/2 oz gold 6,931 (569 left) -63
    Silver medal 19,768 (232 left) -46

Sold 10 ASE's and more of the 1/2 ounce gold and silver medal came up. 2 more AGE's were sold...

• Options

Thanks for the update K...the struggle remains real:)

• Options

@Mgarmy said:

Thank @CoinMeister I didn’t realize the numbers were out till I saw his post.

• Options

So there are still 8 more AGE's left...that I won't get...good to know!

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

Thank @CoinMeister I didn’t realize the numbers were out till I saw his post.

It only takes one....

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@Batman23 said:

@jessewvu said:
    Looks like there are plenty of coins that need to get to market!

Looks like they have some coins to move. They should call me up and I will take all 8 of those remaining AGEs off their hands. One easy transaction and they can stop fretting about them.

I don't understand why they are having a hard time selling them. I meet with a group every morning for "forumklatsch" and I know we would be more than happy to grab the remaining inventory.

Those 8 AGE spoken for... managers , connected Washington insiders

Nonsense. Lies. Calumny.

If they wanted to distribute them to insiders, they would do it upfront not wait for the inventory to be depleted.

Lol ..would have already been sold, instead of being carried on the books.. destined to the connected... 1st struck coins?

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@jessewvu said:
    I’m waiting on the “big one” to show up so I can get it in my bag.... no luck on the coin yet either.

Man is that an awesome pic.

nice photo..
    Coin club bought several -- 75th gold 1 oz on the dip.. offers to buy dried up in last 3 weeks

• Options

Well...not that I really trust the Mint's sales figures...but I don't think the AGE flipped in the past week...so at least that seems to jive.

• Options

@bestday said:

@Raufus said:

@jessewvu said:
    I’m waiting on the “big one” to show up so I can get it in my bag.... no luck on the coin yet either.

Man is that an awesome pic.

nice photo..
    Coin club bought several -- 75th gold 1 oz on the dip.. offers to buy dried up in last 3 week

The price will come back up in next few months after all those Flippers sold theirs(probably this or next month). Once most of V75 AGE are in collector's hands, the price will go up eventually.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:
    December 27, 2020 Mint report:
    20XE 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ GLD PRF W/PRIVY MARK 1937 12/27/2020 (no change)

>

@Kliao said:
    AGE privy 1,937 (8 left) +0
    Silver medal 19,786 (214 left) -28

I don't know where you guys are getting your numbers?

2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ GLD PRF W/PRIVY MARK 1,939 +2
    2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII 1 OZ SILVER MEDAL 19,768 -46

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@CoinMeister said:
    20XE 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ GLD PRF W/PRIVY MARK 1937 12/27/2020 (no change)

>

@Kliao said:

Whoops made a mistake. Just checked and edited.

That means 2 AGE's were sold! When!?!

• Options

Could have been held up for some reason and just posted now?

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Could have been held up for some reason and just posted now?

Nope...

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@CoinMeister said:

>

@Kliao said:

My bad, I accidentally put in last weeks number on the gold v75. I edited the post.

• Options

[[My bad, I accidentally put in last weeks number on the gold v75. I edited the post.]]

Hanging's too good for him...it's a firing squad at dawn...or possibly 7:30...or 7:35...or 7:40...

• Options
    edited December 29, 2020 8:28PM

@RichR said:
    [[My bad, I accidentally put in last weeks number on the gold v75. I edited the post.]]

Hanging's too good for him...it's a firing squad at dawn...or possibly 7:30...or 7:35...or 7:40...

Well, remembering what I actually did. I did a copy/paste this morning. So I’m wondering if the mint changed/corrected the number after I posted.

• Options

@CoinMeister said:

@RichR said:

Well, remembering what I actually did. I did a copy/paste this morning. So I’m wondering if the mint changed/corrected the number after I posted.

The Mint usually just updates the report once per week. It would be an absolute 1st if they did two updates in a day.

• Options
    edited December 30, 2020 5:11AM

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@Batman23 said:

@jessewvu said:
    Looks like there are plenty of coins that need to get to market!

Looks like they have some coins to move. They should call me up and I will take all 8 of those remaining AGEs off their hands. One easy transaction and they can stop fretting about them.

I don't understand why they are having a hard time selling them. I meet with a group every morning for "forumklatsch" and I know we would be more than happy to grab the remaining inventory.

Those 8 AGE spoken for... managers , connected Washington insiders

Nonsense. Lies. Calumny.

If they wanted to distribute them to insiders, they would do it upfront not wait for the inventory to be depleted.

Lol ..would have already been sold, instead of being carried on the books.. destined to the connected... 1st struck coins?

Whenever you're done with your wild speculation, let us know.

• Options

Nope

• Options

Nada

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2020 5:35AM

Apx 22 Silver WWII medals were available for less than a minute.

• Options

I saw no activity on the AGE.

• Options
    edited December 30, 2020 5:40AM

Question re the WWII coins...have I missed something for many years or is this a relatively recent development...putting 2 sets of initials...for both the designer and engraver...on each side of a coin/medal?

I only noticed because the WWII silver has 4 sets of initials.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file