Home U.S. Coin Forum

Opinions please?

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 22, 2020 9:58AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys, I found this Kennedy not too long ago. 1966 SMS. I actually had this specific coin in a few of my previous threads. Found in a junk silver tray at a Pawn Shop. Anyway, would you guys consider this coin to be a Cameo? Now, I am most certainly aware of the fingerprint and/or haze. I also must mention, it also has a DDO profile and in ,"in God We Trust", going for it as well. But my main concern is to determine if it does have that Cameo appearance? Thanks guy's :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it’s close but the portrait just isn’t there.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really hard to tell from that picture.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

My real question, if a coin does receive that elusive "Cameo/Deep or Ultra" designation. Is it still possible to receive that determination even though the coin doesn't reach the MS level? :*

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need a better photo, Joey. I know you can do it.

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Really hard to tell from that picture.

Yep

@joeykoins said:
    My real question, if a coin does receive that elusive "Cameo/Deep or Ultra" designation. Is it still possible to receive that determination even though the coin doesn't reach the MS level? :*

Unless I am missing something the coin is 60+, so that is a moot point.

Does it get Cameo? Maybe but I doubt it.

Ultra / Deep Cameo? Probably less than no chance.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Better pics? Any improvements? Thanks

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably ATS :wink:

Steve

Promote the Hobby

ATS? :*

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    ATS? :*

Across the Street = NGC

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • MFeldMFeld Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2020 11:46AM

Not cameo from your pictures. But you’re the only one who can view the coin in hand and should be able to tell whether it’s a Cameo. It does no good to post unrepresentative photos and ask for opinions.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey is that a finger print behind POTUS head?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

these can be hard to differentiate with good quality pictures, as MF stated, these pictures are no help. the primary concern for the designation is clarity and depth of the fields/mirrors.

@Mgarmy said:

@Mgarmy said:

I believe it is.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

The photos are all over the place just as the fingerprints seem to be. Not worth submitting.

All glory is fleeting.
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is soo hard sometimes to see cameo in pictures. Depending on lighting and angle, can look cameo in spots and not in others. It would probably be easier to compare side by side to another cameo.

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too fingerprinty for my taste.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

No not for me. Nice pics to

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just misses the cameo, and you have an obvious fingerprint on the obverse. Save your money.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very hard to give an unqualified opinion on cameo rating from pictures. This is evident from the several you posted which could give a couple of yes/no's.... I would say it is unlikely. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file