Home U.S. Coin Forum

I did exactly what you told me not to do. (Edit: Grades are in and I'm happy!!

AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 22, 2020 1:07AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Welp, in the name of having TrueViews and adding these to my registry... I did a thing. All of these have come to mean a lot to me this year. Just gotta have em in my digital albums, and registered in a database.

Will update when they come in, if anyone would like to follow along.

1899 caught an MS-64 and is going to CAC with my quarter Indians.

1904 $5 came out MS63

My boy (err the cent) kept its MS67.

The 10 Indian went from 63 to 62. Woops.

Comments

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck and keep us informed. Not the end of the world to lose a couple of older holders. The TrueViews are great to have.

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reholdering the PCGS ones, too, or just imaging on those? Sad to see the rattler go.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

So...what exactly are you having done? Your post is less than clear.

Are you having TrueView images of all of them in their current slabs? Are you attempting a crossover of the Lincoln cent? Are you submitting for regrade or reconsideration the PCGS coins? Are they all sent in raw?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Four coins. Old, mixed holders (ANACS and PCGS). Same PCGS service. I can only think of one thing: crackouts and raw grading.

I don't see any bodybag risks.

An interesting submission for the sake of PCGS registries. I'll bet the wait will be interminable.
    Lance.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck....Your coins, your choice. I hope you are happy with the results. Cheers, RickO

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:
    Four coins. Old, mixed holders (ANACS and PCGS). Same PCGS service. I can only think of one thing: crackouts and raw grading.

"Gold Shield Grading" on the form would seem to confirm that hypothesis.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought you were selling the numismatic items to buy bullion?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever makes sense for you

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you consider going to CAC with the 1899? A gold bean on that holder might have been worth more than an upgrade. ??

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sending it to CAC now that it's an MS64.

1904 $5 came out MS63

My boy (err the cent) kept its MS67.

The 10 Indian went from 63 to 62. Woops.

But with the 1899 being such a major win, I'm super happy. Checking prices on Ebay and not seeing quality MS examples makes me super duper happy. I paid $1k for it and was told I overpaid. Guess not.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Azurescens said:

[...]
    1899 caught an MS-64 and is going to CAC with my quarter Indians.

Congrats!

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    I thought you were selling the numismatic items to buy bullion?

Theres this company called PCGS. They grade coins. To get the highest value and maximize liquidity, coins get put into "holders", with "grades" that help structure the coins from circulated to mint state. You spend $50 and send them in with their old holders, or crack them out and resubmit.

@lkeigwin said:

I don't see any bodybag risks.

An interesting submission for the sake of PCGS registries. I'll bet the wait will be interminable.
    Lance.

I never figured a photo of a grading submission, with mixed holders, gold shield database, and talk of registry items and TrueViews would fly over peoples heads. I guess I thought some people were smarter but 2020 has taught me a lot.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I never figured a photo of a grading submission, with mixed holders, gold shield database, and talk of registry items and TrueViews would fly over peoples heads. I guess I thought some people were smarter but 2020 has taught me a lot."

Apparently, you still have a ways to go...

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file