Home Precious Metals

Did gold just jump off a cliff??

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pulling out the cash for the stock market.....Cheers, RickO

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

ive sold a lot of random foreign silver over the last 4 months really tightened up my holdings . If silver goes back to 15 i'll be backing up the truck . If it hangs around 20 ill keep selling odds and ends .

I posted some gold with strong ask prices and it didn't sell I can just put it away for 10 years B)

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stocks climbed that cliff gold fell off. I know a few folks who had gone to cash over the past month, I'm sure they're back in now.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

i hope all this sticks :)

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020 8:00AM

Gold has tested 1850 during this slow drop from 2000ish. I hope to buy if it hits the 1820 range. I keep waiting, but it’s yet to arrive.

When the new stimulus package is announced it will move well above 2000.

I expect the new stimulus package to be huge.

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a bit.....

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

vOlAtIliTy

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RonB said:
    Good buying opportunity..

Stimulus package imminent.

Good buying opportunity...

There is no vaccine for a terminally ill economy.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

MODERNA vaccine report

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paper sellers. Remember there are hundreds of paper Gold ounces for every physical ounce of Gold that exists.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@RonB said:
    Good buying opportunity..

Stimulus package imminent.

Good buying opportunity...

There is no vaccine for a terminally ill economy.

I think bitcoin is stealing gold and silver thunder,

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

edited November 21, 2020 8:55AM

It seems to me that Bitcoin and other cryptos will be more easily manipulated and controlled by tptb whenever it's convenient for tptb to do so.

I've watched Bitcoin go from $8,000 to whatever it is right now, ever since Mannarino touted it a few months ago, but I just can't bring myself to "buy" into a digital wallet that has ZERO accountability.

Other than that, I think cryptos are interesting.

I knew it would happen.
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paypal opening to Bitcoin caused the surge. I heard again last week from a big market maker, and I believe, that if Bitcoin really starts to gain a measurable share of actual payments, the Fed will try to restrict or regulate it.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

Granted, most of them are gold promoters - but almost 100% of the commentary I read is saying that gold will be going up quite steeply. John Williams is not a gold promoter, but even he is saying that hyperinflation is a distinct possibility.

I knew it would happen.

I sound like a broken record, but the days of sub-$2000 gold are slowly coming to an end.

edited November 22, 2020 5:45PM

Why not own gold AND bitcoin. Robinhood and now Paypal (for select members) make Bitcoin an easy buy/sell.

• meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

I'm not optimistic on gold for the next few months or so. 2nd qtr 2021 looks like a big growth qtr y/y.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did gold just jump off a cliff. Again??? B)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

things will change drastically when it becomes apparent that vaccines were rushed out the door.

it's going to be interesting when some significant number of people refuse the vaccine no matter the concern. polls are showing quite a percentage saying they won't take it.

the sanofi-gsk vaccine is going to e the more traditional method that vaccines like the flu use.

the moderna and pfizer vaccines are using a new approach to generate the same response to the same protein that the sanofi-gsk methods produces.

unsure the method astraZeneca uses but it will produce the same protein that stimulates the immune system that the others use.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2020 6:07PM

Gold? Going down? After an election is settled? Could it be... (said in the voice of the narrator on Curse of Oak Island)

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2020 6:10PM

Precious metals over the next two months are going to plunge, the last six months speculation about a biden win and stimulus measures , spending, and tensions, and the negative effect of stock market had everyone thinking 30-35 silver and 2200-2400 gold. I believe its actually going to be reverse of that. Tensions down, stock market up, vaccine, general easy feeling , and folks not seeing that rise in PM prices will all take its toll.

• meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine, I think you might be interested in checking out MLLCF: Molecular Partners

Start buying gold and the miners today at 1815 down to perhaps 1750. Averaging down, or up to 2200 by April.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fear drives the economy. Or is it stupidity ?

rollercoaster, right?

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, both gold and silver taking the cliff jump.....both down 2%.

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold set to dip below 1800 for first time since July - seems like the markets are feeling less skittish on futures

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    gold set to dip below 1800 for first time since July - seems like the markets are feeling less skittish on futures

Reality kicking in???

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

suppose to bottom out at 1,600

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bank of A scrapped their $3K price target and went neutral on the Au. That didn't take long. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

hope it keeps going ahead of some 2021 releases ☺🤞

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at the price of gold only in dollars is not seeing if gold is really going up or down. You need to consider foreign currency, too, and the price of gold in these. Gold can be going down in dollars but not very much or at all in other currencies, if the dollar is weakening or vice versa. It's three dimensional chess, not just two dimensional.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Nice drop today. Another opportunity.

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    You know, Gold is $365 higher than it was 365 days ago ?

Or thereabouts

And now it's $365 lower than it was 3 months ago. :open_mouth:

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

another so called "risk on day" what a joke

• s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Probably a sympathy move with Bitcoin.

Talk about getting kicked around................gold & silver are taking it in the shorts, again.

Reality kicking in???

The reality is another 700,000+ layoffs and another $3 trillion+ imaginary money is inevitable. If not physical gold & silver, I'd be stocking up on everything tangible and edible. It's a very different world and it's not getting any better.

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    Talk about getting kicked around................gold & silver are taking it in the shorts, again.

Reality kicking in???

The reality is another 700,000+ layoffs and another $3 trillion+ imaginary money is inevitable. If not physical gold & silver, I'd be stocking up on everything tangible and edible. It's a very different world and it's not getting any better.

It's Déjà vu time again?...Your doom & gloom scenario sounds familiar. I've heard it before, perhaps by even you, in 2009 after the financial meltdown.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@jmski52 said:

Reality kicking in???

It's Déjà vu time again?...Your doom & gloom scenario sounds familiar. I've heard it before, perhaps by even you, in 2009 after the financial meltdown.

The U.S. will create tens of trillions of new USD before the day of reckoning. It will be a couple decades (at least) before we can't sustain the debt load. Not to mention The Fed "lode" not included in the debt or the "Black ops lode", trillions more that are nowhere to be seen anywhere.

edited November 28, 2020 12:16PM

All a holder of PMs needs do is understand that metals are not taking it in the shorts because of fundamentals. I was saying this at $400 gold, then $800 gold, then $1200 gold, then $1600 gold and I say it again - the eternal laws of supply and demand will continue to reward those who understand them when it comes to gold. Not only have buyers and holders of gold along the way been rewarded with current prices, but buyers along the way who sold the new highs and bought the subsequent dips were greatly rewarded. It will continue this way as long as there is a battered dollar to compare to gold. Bitcoin, while more volatile, is likely to trend the same.

edited November 28, 2020 12:53PM

@VanHalen said:

The U.S. will create tens of trillions of new USD before the day of reckoning. It will be a couple decades (at least) before we can't sustain the debt load. Not to mention The Fed "lode" not included in the debt or the "Black ops lode", trillions more that are nowhere to be seen anywhere.

sovereign debt is no longer relevant as long as it can be printed away. That popular "debt clock" on the internet is also irrelevant. That debt will never have to be paid by the citizens that clock is intended to infuriate.

What is relevant is the consequences of money creation to the value of the currency. There lies your day of reckoning.

@VanHalen said:

@OPA said:

@jmski52 said:

Reality kicking in???

I suspect that most of us will be "6 feet under" or burned to a "crispy critter" when and if that scenario plays out.

unsure the method astraZeneca uses but it will produce the same protein that stimulates the immune system that the others use

Isn't it a bit crazy that these vaccines stimulate the immune system, and at the same time these companies produce other chemicals that suppress the immune system? Maybe "science" should stop messing around with normal bodily functions. If this were an ethics class, I'd be questioning the ethics of fooling around with the immune system at all.

I knew it would happen.

Gold has tested 1850 during this slow drop from 2000ish. I hope to buy if it hits the 1820 range. I keep waiting, but it’s yet to arrive.

Now is your chance. Did you buy yet? The reason I'm asking is because it's a bit harder to buy on the way down, even when you know what is happening in the long run.

I knew it would happen.

I understand your wish for a rosy scenario. I just can't reconcile myself to the notion that MMT will lead to anything but disaster. Look at unemployment data since the China virus surfaced and you have to wonder how much production has been curtailed to the point where we start having serious shortages of essential items. If shortages begin, you can pretty much bet that all those brand-new dollars will be bidding up prices fairly steeply.

If some of that does come to pass, worthless money and high unemployment are not a very good combination, especially when gov.com is creating more and more "money" to hand out "rescue funds" in all directions. Different sets of rules for the elitists than for normal people, which is also not a very healthy trend - for anyone.

I knew it would happen.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just checked into this thread at 9:00pm....Gold $1,782.00

Where is support?