Home Precious Metals

Did gold just jump off a cliff??

2»

Comments

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

woah...silver and gold are WAY down again...the July pump was short-lived...we are down about 30% since then...ridiculous how manipulated the silver market is especially

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

would be foolish selling gold or silver now

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020 9:11PM

@coinpalice said:
    would be foolish selling gold or silver now

Or it might be wise buying gold /silver NOW.
    Copper has been on a roll, in other metal news.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020 9:53PM

@OPA said:

@VanHalen said:

@OPA said:

@jmski52 said:
    Talk about getting kicked around................gold & silver are taking it in the shorts, again.

Reality kicking in???

The reality is another 700,000+ layoffs and another $3 trillion+ imaginary money is inevitable. If not physical gold & silver, I'd be stocking up on everything tangible and edible. It's a very different world and it's not getting any better.

It's Déjà vu time again?...Your doom & gloom scenario sounds familiar. I've heard it before, perhaps by even you, in 2009 after the financial meltdown.

The U.S. will create tens of trillions of new USD before the day of reckoning. It will be a couple decades (at least) before we can't sustain the debt load. Not to mention The Fed "lode" not included in the debt or the "Black ops lode", trillions more that are nowhere to be seen anywhere.

I suspect that most of us will be "6 feet under" or burned to a "crispy critter" when and if that scenario plays out.

Anybody over 60 years of age likely won't see it.

We've been able to print our way out of every conceivable scenario in the past 25 years and should be able to for another 25.

The strength of our currency and our military will keep us #1 for a long time.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    It's Déjà vu time again?...Your doom & gloom scenario sounds familiar. I've heard it before, perhaps by even you, in 2009 after the financial meltdown.

I understand your wish for a rosy scenario. I just can't reconcile myself to the notion that MMT will lead to anything but disaster. Look at unemployment data since the China virus surfaced and you have to wonder how much production has been curtailed to the point where we start having serious shortages of essential items. If shortages begin, you can pretty much bet that all those brand-new dollars will be bidding up prices fairly steeply.

If some of that does come to pass, worthless money and high unemployment are not a very good combination, especially when gov.com is creating more and more "money" to hand out "rescue funds" in all directions. Different sets of rules for the elitists than for normal people, which is also not a very healthy trend - for anyone.

But that's been the trend throughout our lifetimes. No matter what happens more money gets shoveled in at the top and little of it makes it downstream.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 4:05AM

But that's been the trend throughout our lifetimes. No matter what happens more money gets shoveled in at the top and little of it makes it downstream.

That's why elitists have to be called out for what they are - nonproductive posers and power grabbers. The only way to improve anything is to make more people aware of what's in their own self-interest. If people are only willing to hear - and I think it's obvious that people are catching on....

I'm concerned that if the whole structure of our way of life is changed, there is no going back now. We have about 1 month before we get to know....

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 6:06AM

@VanHalen said:

The strength of our currency and our military will keep us #1 for a long time.

the strength of our military is the only thing that has kept our currency #1. It's world wide "reserve" status has been forced upon the world for decades. Just ask a two-time Medal of Honor recipient Marine General.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

edited November 30, 2020 6:54AM

@jmski52 said:

I'm concerned that if the whole structure of our way of life is changed, there is no going back now. We have about 1 month before we get to know....

change has been forced upon mankind since the first ape that picked up a weapon. The only difference is our awareness of change continues to grow as do the questions we ask of it.

Gold is getting it's daily pummeling again this AM. There will be an entry point for those looking for one. There always is.

I knew it would happen.

Todd 'Bubba' Horwitz is calling Tuesday's rally a "dead cat bounce", lol

It's just a blip in the long term scheme of things. They all are. No need to panic, carry on. ;)

I knew it would happen.
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:

Never heard of him. Is he one of "them"? You know the manipulators. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

@blitzdude said:

@coinpalice said:

Never heard of him. Is he one of "them"? You know the manipulators. lol

he writes articles on kitco.com, i never cared for him
    https://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2020-12-01/Gold-and-silver-running-higher-Can-the-rally-hold.html

he is shorting gold and silver now, so yes he is one of the manipulators

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2020 2:29PM

...> @Goldbully said:

And one month later, here is a 24 hour chart for comparison. Not sure there will ever be a proper answer for the question.

And the 30 day:

And the winner is :

Who buys on the dip !

The Next Gold Rush Is Here

"the exponential phase of global QE has just started. Just three central banks, the Fed, ECB and BoJ have printed $7.5 trillion since March 2020, by expanding their balance sheets by 50% from $14.5t to $22t in November."

the "daily trading volume in gold is 850x daily mine production and twice as big as the S&P volume."