Home Precious Metals

Thanks to all, I am taking my gold and silver I am out of here

oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
edited September 30, 2019 8:53AM in Precious Metals

Ok everyone this will be my last week on the boards I want to thank everyone for the free knowledge and fun here. I have sold all my businesses and signed my house over to my daughter and taking a huge leap in life please wish me luck. I am living what I believe I feel we are just a few years from reality here in the USA and was a great time to exit or get my money that was tied up in the brick and motors while I could. I am leaving here with my silver average at $11.16 and gold $1329 now I can say I see why people buy gold man moving all the silver is very interesting. Now for those wondering how my average is $11.16 on silver because I carried 4200 oz over or I did not sell on the last run I even have some silver I bought under $7 oz a tube. I have been working on my place in no mans land funny how cheap lands is where there are no humans I did build me a nice little shack and hauled a rail cart out buried 4'ft under ground and dug a 5' FT hall that goes under my shack and up through the floor so I can always play with my gold and silver LOL. There are some really intelligent people on this form I have love watching I never even graduated high school because food was a problem in our house and left to work, well living in the beautiful country our politicians are treating like a prostitute at our expense with an outstanding work ethic and working with my hands minus the brains I became a very successful in business. My daughter ask me what are you going to do out there LOL I told her it is not so much what will I do but what I am not going to do and that is work 18 hours a day 7 days a week to fund the 2% in the world, the upper 1% and the lower 1% ( the people that could work that choose not to)they both take money from wonderful people that could use it. Anyway I wish all of you the best in life I am leaving on Monday October 7th to start my new life and challenge I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Comments

• oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

PS my favorite match up was derryb Vs Cohodk you are the best and learned so much from the both of you thanks.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck to you. I hope you enjoy your new adventure!

• lonn47lonn47 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

gone fishing,,,,,, good luck

I knew I has making the right move when a stray deer walked by my shack with a tin foil hat on

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you going to a place that has no internet?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

edited September 30, 2019 10:30AM

@PerryHall said:
    Are you going to a place that has no internet?

yes there is nothing to get the land cheap there has to be nothing I know crazy to some there is a very small town about 90 miles away to contact my daughter but the first year I am not going to leave at all. We have two dates set my daughter will come if she does not show I will go to the town to call her. Me and my daughter have a plan in place she will watch metal prices and other things for me this is just something I really want to do.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best of luck to you.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldstandard ....Best of luck and well done.... I truly hope you enjoy the simple life (I am sure you will)....I hope you come back once in a while (maybe from the library in the small town 90 miles from you) and let us know how things are going. Cheers, RickO

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Sell it all today and buy overstock.com, relax, kick back and live life large...

keceph `anah
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck and enjoy.

I was a city chicken most of my life and a few years back decided the boonies was where I belonged. I'm still partially on the grid and hold a day job but sleep very well knowing that I no longer NEED either. I still plan to keep both so long as it is on my terms. My land generates everything required to survive. Welcome to freedom, you made it. Congrats!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the new plan of attack.
    Go fishing if you have water near by.
    Might have been a good time to swap out the silver for gold, Before the move?

Might be a good area to try a metal detector?

Make sure the daughter knows where you secure your metals.

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like a great plan. I love it. Good luck and enjoy it.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

how do we arrange parties now?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck on the new adventure.

I'd go stir crazy if I didn't have the internet and TV. :D

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck @oldstandard!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you have a plan, best of luck to you :)
    Boston MDCXXX

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck to you on your lifestyle change... most of us are not that bold! (at least not me!)

----- kj
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay. Bye. I'm gonna keep wading in this Never should have dipped my toe or immersed myself in it, but even after a few robberies and beatings.... it's a liquid pool which people ought to swim in often.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best Wishes! Henry David Thoreau did that a few years back, and I think it did him some good. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on accomplishing your goal @oldstandard . I wish you well, and hopefully at some point you come back and post an update for us!

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Best of luck to you and may your journey be fulfilling and joyful and satisfying.

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

disconnecting to make a connection?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Very gutsy - best of luck. How did you decide where to go? I assume you had some familiarity with the area.

• With your last few days of internet you may want to check out a site called Backwoods Homes. All kinds of info if you are homesteading or bugging out and everything in between. Building, gardening, hunting, water supply,alternative power, etc.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

Rereading this, it sounds like a good idea.

:* > @jmski52 said:

Best Wishes! Henry David Thoreau did that a few years back, and I think it did him some good. :)

He didn't like to be walled in.

edited October 5, 2019 7:13AM

my plans lots of metal detecting, panning for gold, hiking and most of all I have about 200,000 rounds of ammo I am curious to see if the ammo from the 80's even works so I will start with the oldest and I am going to be able to hit a spoon from 100 yards before I am done. I am really curious how back in the day it was just to wake up and survive, but with drones and all the technology coming is what was unusable land is going to become more useable in the future. Well the count down is on Monday is almost here I have lots of projects planned it is going to be a strange feeling for sure out there I have been brushing up on my squirrel, racoon and deer talk I hope me and my neighbors get a long and they do not discriminant or bully me.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, enjoy yourself! We wish you the best and please keep in touch and take a few (untraceable) pictures to show us.

Many, maybe most here, fantasize about doing some version of this, and some even take purposeful action to secure "a place in the woods" for themselves and family

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    Well, enjoy yourself! We wish you the best and please keep in touch and take a few (untraceable) pictures to show us.

Many, maybe most here, fantasize about doing some version of this, and some even take purposeful action to secure "a place in the woods" for themselves and family

Well said!

• Skrill90Skrill90 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

Good Luck @oldstandard
    Wishing you well, your getting to live out the dream!

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@oldstandard said:
    PS my favorite match up was derryb Vs Cohodk you are the best and learned so much from the both of you thanks.

Then signup for our joint newsletter.

Its FREE!!!

Good luck to ya.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes and all the best

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck, you'll need it. Just remember, "the grass is not always greener across the street."

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck and best wishes @oldstandard

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll be back within a year....but it should be fun going back 150 years in time and trying to live while you know what you know.

Interesting concept.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you "turned out all the lights" before you left ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@oldstandard said:

Then signup for our joint newsletter.

Its FREE!!!

Good luck to ya.

Free news and opinion articles about Joints?
    Sign me up Cheech n Chong!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Hope he did not head to Utah where it hit 42 below.

:#

I hope he lives next to some Donners

or maybe not.

As I was watching the impending doom of the stock market crashing and the coronavirus turning into a global pandemic I could not help but think @oldstandard was the smartest one of us all. 90 miles from nowhere, 200,000 rounds of ammo and hunkered down for the apocalypse with plenty of food, water, and other necessities to wait it out.

Hope you are enjoying living off the grid. You may have picked the perfect time ;)

It sounds like he has a lot of free time to work on his manifesto. :D

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

I bet he spends a lot of time trying to angle that 4G antenna so he can play Candy Crush on his iPhone.

Loves me some shiny!
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck on your new life. My wife and I moved from the beach to a large property off the beaten path. Sure is quite and the stars are amazing. I miss the beach.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

@rawteam1 said:
    Sell it all today and buy overstock.com, relax, kick back and live life large...

Looking good boyz...

keceph `anah
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rawteam1 said:

@rawteam1 said:

Looking good boyz...

Thats a 15 bagger from the March low!!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

@cohodk said:

@rawteam1 said:

@rawteam1 said:

Looking good boyz...

Thats a 15 bagger from the March low!!!

4 bagger since he made the post in September. Good call @rawteam1 !

Out today 60 n a lil change very little lol, better than “insurance” don’t listen to the insurance pushers...

keceph `anah
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rawteam1 said:
    Out today 60 n a lil change very little lol, better than “insurance” don’t listen to the insurance pushers...

Did you keep the digital dividend preferred shares? Free money right there

It's all about what the people want...

will he make it back to civilization to find out he's loaded now?