Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Consequences of USING

DIP, that is.
This is a brand new bathroom faucet that got a bit of diluted splashback. Wife is going to go ballistic when she sees this!

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

And she will! Women usually are more detailed oriented than men. Some men go to coin shows with the opposite sex because of this.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

OH MAN! She'll see it for sure.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of you're in that much trouble you need to go to the Depot and get a replacement faucet. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

No biggie on the faucet, at least you removed the nasty from the ole girl and made her blast white again, just as she was intended to be. Congrats!

• Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

They say duct tape and jb weld fixes everything but I can’t see how in this case :D

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin related. Send to our host for conservation.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's cold out and there is no extra room in the doghouse.....you better think of something quick! :/

• Options
    Collect4funCollect4fun Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

Good to know. I don’t want that conversation.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quick. Put it in the oven and see if you can get it to tone a different color.

Maybe you can get some nice purples on it. At least she won't notice the spots...

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your done!!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o Better just replace the faucet....Quick and easy job...Send the wife shopping and do it while she is gone B) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea,,,, don't splash it on a stainless steel sink either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minor 1st world problem.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    :o Better just replace the faucet....Quick and easy job...Send the wife shopping and do it while she is gone B) Cheers, RickO

+1 :)

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the same problem that I solved by cleaning with non-diluted dip. Sure does shine it up!! Wife never knew I did it. Mine was polished chrome and may not have the same effect on brushed chrome.....ugh.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgiacop50 said:
    DIP, that is.
    This is a brand new bathroom faucet that got a bit of diluted splashback. Wife is going to go ballistic when she sees this!

Definitely full faucet lines

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show an after photo if you decide to clean it with the undiluted dip. That way we have a before and after.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Putty!

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just have your plumber come out and dip the whole thing! Don’t forget to do the toilet accessories also to match :)

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any children to blame it on?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgiacop50

Tell her, “See, I told ya we should have spent a little more for quality faucets. This is what we get for going cheap.”

Of course, once you say this then it’ll always be the more expensive “whatevers.” :o:D:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file