Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Consequences of USING

DIP, that is.
This is a brand new bathroom faucet that got a bit of diluted splashback. Wife is going to go ballistic when she sees this!

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

And she will! Women usually are more detailed oriented than men. Some men go to coin shows with the opposite sex because of this.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

OH MAN! She'll see it for sure.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of you're in that much trouble you need to go to the Depot and get a replacement faucet. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

No biggie on the faucet, at least you removed the nasty from the ole girl and made her blast white again, just as she was intended to be. Congrats!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

They say duct tape and jb weld fixes everything but I can’t see how in this case :D

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin related. Send to our host for conservation.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's cold out and there is no extra room in the doghouse.....you better think of something quick! :/

• Options
    Collect4funCollect4fun Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

Good to know. I don’t want that conversation.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quick. Put it in the oven and see if you can get it to tone a different color.

Maybe you can get some nice purples on it. At least she won't notice the spots...

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your done!!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o Better just replace the faucet....Quick and easy job...Send the wife shopping and do it while she is gone B) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea,,,, don't splash it on a stainless steel sink either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minor 1st world problem.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    :o Better just replace the faucet....Quick and easy job...Send the wife shopping and do it while she is gone B) Cheers, RickO

+1 :)

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the same problem that I solved by cleaning with non-diluted dip. Sure does shine it up!! Wife never knew I did it. Mine was polished chrome and may not have the same effect on brushed chrome.....ugh.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgiacop50 said:
    DIP, that is.
    This is a brand new bathroom faucet that got a bit of diluted splashback. Wife is going to go ballistic when she sees this!

Definitely full faucet lines

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show an after photo if you decide to clean it with the undiluted dip. That way we have a before and after.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Putty!

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just have your plumber come out and dip the whole thing! Don’t forget to do the toilet accessories also to match :)

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any children to blame it on?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgiacop50

Tell her, “See, I told ya we should have spent a little more for quality faucets. This is what we get for going cheap.”

Of course, once you say this then it’ll always be the more expensive “whatevers.” :o:D:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file