Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Silverman2020 said:

Haha great joke btw. We already have proof that many many did.

I knew it was joke and highlighted the word "identified" from my earlier post. But it took 5 days for the public to sink in. :p

• Options

@Archemia said:
    My coin was just delivered 5 minutes ago, y'all were right! Hoping I get lucky with the grading

Good luck. Not sending it to grading? Doesn't it have to not be opened?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurboSnail said:

There was another tweet literately had truck loaded of confirmed bot orders with pictures posted as early as Nov 14 .12:28 pm

How could they have a picture of a truck loaded with coins that had not been released yet? This reeks of hype by the bot farm with no proof they actually purchased any.

• Options

@Silverman2020 said:

@Archemia said:
    My coin was just delivered 5 minutes ago, y'all were right! Hoping I get lucky with the grading

Good luck. Not sending it to grading? Doesn't it have to not be opened?

I'm dropping it off first thing tomorrow at the post office. Not opening it in case I somehow get a signed CoA

• Options
    edited November 22, 2019 11:01AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@TurboSnail said:

There was another tweet literately had truck loaded of confirmed bot orders with pictures posted as early as Nov 14 .12:28 pm

How could they have a picture of a truck loaded with coins that had not been released yet? This reeks of hype by the bot farm with no proof they actually purchased any.

I didn't want to post any links to individual groups last week. But I did mentioned I had strong evidences. Anyhow since members are now coming up with links to the suspects' home base. Might as well post some more.

This was just from one single person on Nov.14. Once the order was confirmed, it was good as shipped. The people who were caught using bots didn't get the confirmation.

One of their latest sales.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this was covered before (long thread!)...

Which appears to be selling for more: PCGS PR69 (w/ vanilla COA, slabbed) or unopened box?

I'm torn between submitting for grading (and getting the likely results) versus selling unopened.
    Lance.

• Options

It's actually kinda bad if any other good buys come up it will be littered with bots and it will be maybe 10x harder because people will know of good flips on the usmint.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:

Which appears to be selling for more: PCGS PR69 (w/ vanilla COA, slabbed) or unopened box?

I'm torn between submitting for grading (and getting the likely results) versus selling unopened.
    Lance.

I think it was discussed that it is around the same

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭

Did they ship the first 100 in the order they were received or was it random? I am pretty sure I wasn't one of the top 100 who ordered; most likely a bot ordered it before anyone else and those relisted and purchasing late will get those....or is it completely random?

I'm debating on getting it graded, however my experiences after the 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle spotting issues is it'll be better to just keep it in the box so it will have a less likelihood of spotting.

Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2019 11:17AM

@Silverman2020 said:
    It's actually kinda bad if any other good buys come up it will be littered with bots and it will be maybe 10x harder because people will know of good flips on the usmint.

Just to be fair. Some hired temps to wait in line. Some had entire office ordering during lunch break. And some of course, used bots. The only difference was who was smarter, bought more and got the job done.

Lets just admit it. We were PWNED by the millennials. Congrat to everyone who has this coin.

• Options

@Absolution said:
    Did they ship the first 100 in the order they were received or was it random? I am pretty sure I wasn't one of the top 100 who ordered; most likely a bot ordered it before anyone else and those relisted and purchasing late will get those....or is it completely random?

I'm debating on getting it graded, however my experiences after the 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle spotting issues is it'll be better to just keep it in the box so it will have a less likelihood of spotting.

The description said the CoA numbers were shipped randomly.

• Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭

@Archemia said:

@Absolution said:

The description said the CoA numbers were shipped randomly.

The US Mint stated "The number on each Certificate of Authenticity does not reflect the order in which each coin was minted." but on Coinworld they wrote "Ryder autographed the COAs for the first 100 coins to be shipped to customers who ordered online or by phone Nov. 14 as well as a random number included in sales at the Baltimore show."

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/bots-attempt-to-sabotage-limited-edition-silver-american-eagle-sales

Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options

@TurboSnail said:

@Silverman2020 said:

Just to be fair. Some hired temps to wait in line. Some had entire office ordering during lunch break. And some of course, used bots. The only difference was who was smarter, bought more and got the job done.

Lets just admit it. We were PWNED by the millennials. Congrat to everyone who has this coin.

I know of a few comments that said they will be looking into getting bots them selves. If the mint didn't even see or stop the transactions from occurring the likelihood of getting worse is 100% guaranteed. And the mint just denied it from even happening so yeah.

• Options

@lkeigwin said:

Lance.

Currently about the same. Unopened boxes seem a little higher, but it's hard to say since a lot of the unopened boxes are from amateurs and most of the pre-sale 69s are from dealers.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

"Wade predicts prices will sharply increase for coins shipped from the Mint’s contracted order Fulfillment Center PFSWeb in Memphis, Tennessee, containing certificates of authenticity (COAs) hand-signed by U.S. Mint Director David J. Ryder"

• Options
    edited November 22, 2019 1:36PM

@meluaufeet said:
    "Wade predicts prices will sharply increase for coins shipped from the Mint’s contracted order Fulfillment Center PFSWeb in Memphis, Tennessee, containing certificates of authenticity (COAs) hand-signed by U.S. Mint Director David J. Ryder"

If they are sold out there will be none at the fulfillment facility. How are people supposed to guess which box has the signed COA?

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Did the smart post originate from Memphis?

• Options

@meluaufeet said:
    Did the smart post originate from Memphis?

No smart post is fedex. The US mint fulfillment facility is in Menmphis, then hands the package to Fedex

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

One of mine also came a day early. First scheduled for the 25th, then the 23rd and boom it's here this morning.
    Things really picked up after leaving Olathe, KS and making to Phoenix, AZ (1185 miles) in 11 hours 23 minutes.

This package dimensions are 7x5x4 definitely more room to move around, and the others all say 9x6x1.

@pf70collector said:
    Mine was delivered one day early. It was left on the front porch. Luckily in did not rain. Don’t trust delivery dates and check often to see when it gets delivered. Not the normal style package but more of a small square box and not the normal flat box. More of a chance of it rolling around.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:
    One of mine also came a day early. First scheduled for the 25th, then the 23rd and boom it's here this morning.
    Things really picked up after leaving Olathe, KS and making to Phoenix, AZ (1185 miles) in 11 hours 23 minutes.

This package dimensions are 7x5x4 definitely more room to move around, and the others all say 9x6x1.

Wondered why some of the boxes are bigger than the s"standard" small size?
    Accidently packed an extra ERP coin?

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@Wahoo554 said:

@Silverman2020 said:
    I will keep trying until it says sold out but I am not faster than a bot. They are even checking restock now.

That’s very disconcerting.

Getting a confirmation and getting a coin is two different things. Someone posted on one of these threads that they successfully ordered two using different accounts and different credit cards, but the same ship to address and both were cancelled. They would have received emails stating that they had successfully ordered - but the Mint gods came back with a 'No Coin For You!'

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

One coin per HH...that refers to address

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

That would be nice but judging from the weight I'd say I will not be that fortunate.
    Checking my other incoming packages one shows the weight being 0.1 lbs. The box itself weighs that much! :s
    I'll give it the shake test when it arrives. lol

@Sweetpie said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

@SONOMOSCA said:
    That would be nice but judging from the weight I'd say I will not be that fortunate.
    Checking my other incoming packages one shows the weight being 0.1 lbs. The box itself weighs that much! :s
    I'll give it the shake test when it arrives. lol

@Sweetpie said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

Weird. Mine shows 0.5lb from Fedex Smartpost!

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've received 7 coins so far, 5 in the smaller flat box, 2 in the larger box.

• Options

They probably weren't able to get 30k boxes exactly the same size. Could be they just ran out of one size.

• Options

@Silverman2020 said:

You get one of these about every 10 years. Don't worry about it.

• Options

@jwitten said:
    I've received 7 coins so far, 5 in the smaller flat box, 2 in the larger box.

I've gotten 4 so far: 2 small, 2 large.

• Options

@taxmad said:

@Wahoo554 said:

@Silverman2020 said:
    I will keep trying until it says sold out but I am not faster than a bot. They are even checking restock now.

That’s very disconcerting.

Getting a confirmation and getting a coin is two different things. Someone posted on one of these threads that they successfully ordered two using different accounts and different credit cards, but the same ship to address and both were cancelled. They would have received emails stating that they had successfully ordered - but the Mint gods came back with a 'No Coin For You!'

I don't think it is that simple. I had one shipped to me. I also had someone on this forum ship TWO to me at the same address from 2 different accounts.

• Options

this one unopened seems like a good buy at this point. only one bidder and in the $900 mark

https://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Eagle-Silver-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-COA-1-100-PLEASE-READ/174102194043

• Options

@Absolution said:

I believe its random

• Options

Is anyone still trying to get one at 7:30 AM or did everyone give up because there are probably none left?

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeUp said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "And how much of a premium does having a signed cert add...if you get one?"

there's one on ebay for $225,000 or best offer.

Realistically i think a confirmed top 100 signed cert coin will go for 15k'ish. the #1 cert could bring in 50k+.

obv nobody is paying 225k, even for the #1 cert.

Maybe Hansen? >:)

• Options

@Silverman2020 said:

You get one of these about every 10 years. Don't worry about it.> @Kliao said:

Is anyone still trying to get one at 7:30 AM or did everyone give up because there are probably none left?

You may get one available 5 weeks from now...or tomorrow. Or never. Look or do not look, it's up to you.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@CoinMeUp said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "And how much of a premium does having a signed cert add...if you get one?"

there's one on ebay for $225,000 or best offer.

Realistically i think a confirmed top 100 signed cert coin will go for 15k'ish. the #1 cert could bring in 50k+.

obv nobody is paying 225k, even for the #1 cert.

Maybe Hansen? >:)

If he’s interested in moderns

• Options

Nothing today. Try tomorrow

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

When's the last time the 7:3am window was open? 11/19?

• Options

@SeatedToners said:

@Kliao said:

When's the last time the 7:3am window was open? 11/19?

Yes I believe so

• Options

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

Wasting your time, never ever EVER on Sunday

• Options

Why do some people who want to sell look at the price they're selling for and add enough that makes it nearly impossible to sell. I don't get it. It's a windfall, pick the price they're selling at and get it sold.

• Options

It could be. Does it say you are buying THAT coin? I have sealed Pride of Two Nation coins available with a picture of an opened coin. I explain that they are not getting the coin shown but a sealed box. Nonetheless, just having a picture of an open coin doesn't mean that's what you are getting. There's little point in showing a picture of a sealed cardboard box.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:

Wasting your time, never ever EVER on Sunday

This is not true. I've had coins come up on Sunday. The computer opens the window, there's not a person there doing it.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    Why do some people who want to sell look at the price they're selling for and add enough that makes it nearly impossible to sell. I don't get it. It's a windfall, pick the price they're selling at and get it sold.

If you think it's going up.

That's sure better than selling it for $500 on the 14th and then canceling all your sales on the 15th. ;)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

That's sure better than selling it for $500 on the 14th and then canceling all your sales on the 15th. ;)

If you think it's going up then wait.

I've checked many Sundays never saw available but if you say so I'll believe you.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2019 8:15AM

@JimTyler said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

If you think it's going up then wait.

I've checked many Sundays never saw available but if you say so I'll believe you.

I call it “surprising” Sunday! Some interesting items pop-up, briefly, in other areas of the Mint’s site, too. B)

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do bots sleep on Sunday? Catch up on coffee and reruns? Vote early?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:

They never sleep 24hrs

• Options

@MilesWaits said:

Or they go to bot church for the whole day

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm jealous. I think mine is taking the long way. FedEx tracking says mine won't be delivered until 12/5. My order number is fairly early (07203xxx).

It's just going to take awhile.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file