Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 11:02AM

My source tells me in hand sealed examples are “averaging $1400 on the bay.”

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:

@jwitten said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:
    Well I'm out of the loop, sold mine. I usually sell too early which is the same, I believe, I've done here. I'm not a gambler I was offered a very good price based on today's value. There were enough buyers of 30k coins at $65 with the expectation of an increase in value. I ask how many buyers above $1000? Soon I estimate 20k coins ( bought by flippers) soon to come available as the mint gets all the orders out. Can the market absorb 20k coins above $1000 ? ( this is a question I don't know). I want to sell when buyers are ravenous not when they have all they really want. Don't take this as some genius plan, I always leave some money on the table but how can I complain making nearly a grand on a coin I couldn't get opening day and got by the stroke of luck on the side of the road on my phone Friday morning.

I actually think that is wise. Better too soon than too late. I wouldn't be surprised if this coin is $1000 coin 5 years from now. But I also think there is going to be lower prices in between. The number of coins being flipped and the number of speculators involved is massive. My search shows 3000+ coins sold on eBay alone. And some of those are being sold to speculators.

My search shows closer to 6,000 already flipped on the bay!

My research shows 95% of all Ebay sales on and before 11/14 are cancelled.

Wow......

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Sry, should be 2019-s Enhanced Reverse Proof Silver Eagle PRE-SALE.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@RichR said:
    Legit question...if you insure a package containing 5 ounces of valuable modern silver coins at the value of 5 ounces of gold coins...and the package is legitimately lost in transit...and you file a claim based on the value of the (imaginary) gold coins...how would that claim be discredited? How would the contents of the lost package be known either way?

You need to supply proof of value. Could you provide a fake bill of sale for 5 ounces of gold? Sure. You could also take a gun into a post office and rob the cashiers. What is the point of this question? Better bet is to jump into a moving postal truck and then sue them for your resulting aspecific back pain. You might get millions for your insurance fraud rather than mere thousands for your postal fraud.

Contributory negligence, no breach of duty, and sovereign immunity each would be lethal to your putative suit.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Seeing a good amount of low or no feedback sellers of these on ebay.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@RichR said:
    Legit question...if you insure a package containing 5 ounces of valuable modern silver coins at the value of 5 ounces of gold coins...and the package is legitimately lost in transit...and you file a claim based on the value of the (imaginary) gold coins...how would that claim be discredited? How would the contents of the lost package be known either way?

You need to supply proof of value. Could you provide a fake bill of sale for 5 ounces of gold? Sure. You could also take a gun into a post office and rob the cashiers. What is the point of this question? Better bet is to jump into a moving postal truck and then sue them for your resulting aspecific back pain. You might get millions for your insurance fraud rather than mere thousands for your postal fraud.

Contributory negligence, no breach of duty, and sovereign immunity each would be lethal to your putative suit.

I'm not advocating any of it. I'm not sure why anyone would pose the question which amounts to: can I get away with postal fraud?

• Options

There just seems to be a general air of low accountability.
    As witnessed by the high rate of non-committal’s to the “agreements “ to sell the reverse proofs as proposed.
    But hell, that’s what a good exciting Mint issue will do to for the weak.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    There just seems to be a general air of low accountability.
    As witnessed by the high rate of non-committal’s to the “agreements “ to sell the reverse proofs as proposed.
    But hell, that’s what a good exciting Mint issue will do to for the weak.

The problem is that this excitement can quickly turn into something more pernicious.

• Options

Might not be the right place to ask, but I am new to coins. I was lucky enough to snag one of these. Considering getting it graded to flip. What the grading process? I tried to check out the websites but got overwhelmed and don't quite understand all the memberships and stuff required.

• Options

Take time to read back on the threads you will find your answer. There are a number of newbies that are coming in asking the same exact question.
    Sadly, with the apparent high number of canceled commitments with a higher than normal level of new people coming to the game, I think we will experience more short attention span’s to the hobby replaced by quick gratification.

• Options
    edited November 21, 2019 1:47PM

@RichR said:

receipts ahead of the loss

Edited: It's still not perfect.

• Options

@clokwise said:
    Might not be the right place to ask, but I am new to coins. I was lucky enough to snag one of these. Considering getting it graded to flip. What the grading process? I tried to check out the websites but got overwhelmed and don't quite understand all the memberships and stuff required.

If you're just flipping it, why get it graded? If you send it in and get a 69, you have a coin worth less than the unopened box and you are out $50 to $100 in grading fees. You also have the risk that during the weeks you are waiting for the coin to get graded that the price drops.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

@jwitten said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:
    Well I'm out of the loop, sold mine. I usually sell too early which is the same, I believe, I've done here. I'm not a gambler I was offered a very good price based on today's value. There were enough buyers of 30k coins at $65 with the expectation of an increase in value. I ask how many buyers above $1000? Soon I estimate 20k coins ( bought by flippers) soon to come available as the mint gets all the orders out. Can the market absorb 20k coins above $1000 ? ( this is a question I don't know). I want to sell when buyers are ravenous not when they have all they really want. Don't take this as some genius plan, I always leave some money on the table but how can I complain making nearly a grand on a coin I couldn't get opening day and got by the stroke of luck on the side of the road on my phone Friday morning.

I actually think that is wise. Better too soon than too late. I wouldn't be surprised if this coin is $1000 coin 5 years from now. But I also think there is going to be lower prices in between. The number of coins being flipped and the number of speculators involved is massive. My search shows 3000+ coins sold on eBay alone. And some of those are being sold to speculators.

@cameonut2011 said:
    I trust that the bold statement is genuine and an honest assessment of your experiences; however, my experiences differ significantly. At least 95+% of the population at large will screw you over if given the chance.

I guess my life and professional experiences are fairly typical of the general population, and it isn't me merely being over cynical and jaded. At least 95% will cheat you under the right circumstances.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

If you're just flipping it, why get it graded? If you send it in and get a 69, you have a coin worth less than the unopened box and you are out $50 to $100 in grading fees. You also have the risk that during the weeks you are waiting for the coin to get graded that the price drops.

Right now the 70s are going around $3,000, 69s are still going around $1,500. Ungraded are $1,000 or less. At least what I've seen.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@Sweetpie said:

@jwitten said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

@cameonut2011 said:
    I trust that the bold statement is genuine and an honest assessment of your experiences; however, my experiences differ significantly. At least 95+% of the population at large will screw you over if given the chance.

I guess my life and professional experiences are fairly typical of the general population, and it isn't me merely being over cynical and jaded. At least 95% will cheat you under the right circumstances.

I'm not sure how accurate those cancellation numbers are. I'd also point out that more than half of the people who committed to me on this forum are carrying out their commitments.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@Sweetpie said:

@jwitten said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

@cameonut2011 said:

I'm not sure how accurate those cancellation numbers are. I'd also point out that more than half of the people who committed to me on this forum are carrying out their commitments.

That says a lot about our members. <3

• Options

9,999!! That’s why your results are skewed!

• Options
    jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

When you sell on ebay, sometimes there are promos that cap your fees at 50% or $10. They always say excluded are Coins and Paper Money. I signed up for the promo anyway. Lo and behold, when I sold a coin, the PROMO was in effect. Just letting people know to opt in anyway. You never know what ebay may do.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2019 2:32PM

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

Right now the 70s are going around $3,000, 69s are still going around $1,500. Ungraded are $1,000 or less. At least what I've seen.

You better look more closely at the labels. Routine 69s are selling for the same price as the raw coins at the moment. There are some special labels that go for more, but you can't get them necessarily (Baltimore FDOI, certain signatures). Pinehurst is selling, on eBay, raw coins at $999 and 69s at $999 right now.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

You better look more closely at the labels. Routine 69s are selling for the same price as the raw coins at the moment. There are some special labels that go for more, but you can't get them necessarily (Baltimore FDOI, certain signatures). Pinehurst is selling, on eBay, raw coins at $949 and 69s at $999 right now.

It looks like it may have cancelled all of its orders below $899 so who's to say it won't cancel again?

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

You better look more closely at the labels. Routine 69s are selling for the same price as the raw coins at the moment. There are some special labels that go for more, but you can't get them necessarily (Baltimore FDOI, certain signatures). Pinehurst is selling, on eBay, raw coins at $949 and 69s at $999 right now.

It looks like it may have cancelled all of its orders below $899 so who's to say it won't cancel again?

How can you see that?

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=202823271863&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

I see sales all the way down to $599

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

You better look more closely at the labels. Routine 69s are selling for the same price as the raw coins at the moment. There are some special labels that go for more, but you can't get them necessarily (Baltimore FDOI, certain signatures). Pinehurst is selling, on eBay, raw coins at $999 and 69s at $999 right now.

I am looking right now at several 69s that have sold around $1500.

• Options
    edited November 21, 2019 2:42PM

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

In what holders? The only $1500 one I saw was a Baltimore 1st Day slab that you couldn't get if you wanted.

https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2019-S+reverse+eagle+69&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

• Options
    clokwiseclokwise Posts: 18
    edited November 21, 2019 2:43PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

In what holders? The only $1500 one I saw was a Baltimore 1st Day slab that you couldn't get if you wanted.

https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2019-S+reverse+eagle+69&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Ok you are right. Sorry my mistake. I didn't know the Baltimore tag was a thing. I was wrong. I'm new and still learning this.

• Options

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

I posted the link. No routine 69s have sold for more than the raw prices of $900 to $1100 except Baltimore 1st Day. > @clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:
    Might not be the right place to ask, but I am new to coins. I was lucky enough to snag one of these. Considering getting it graded to flip. What the grading process? I tried to check out the websites but got overwhelmed and don't quite unde and still learning this.

The label thing is complicated.

Don't get me wrong, submit it if you want. If you get a 70, it's a win. But the 70 price may come down rather than go up and I just want you to be aware that there is some risk in submitting it and delaying the sale. Of course, there is also some opportunity risk in selling it now.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

How can you see that?

@jmlanzaf said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=202823271863&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

My comments were based on the raw coin sales. Last night there was a raw listing at $899, which showed two coins sold. All of the lower priced coins completed/sold listings disappeared. That's the basis for my comment.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

How can you see that?

@jmlanzaf said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

My comments were based on the raw coin sales. Last night there was a raw listing at $899, which showed two coins sold. All of the lower priced coins completed/sold listings disappeared. That's the basis for my comment.

It is weird. The raw coin sales did disappear when they relisted. But why would they still have the 69s at the same price?

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

Does the 'ungraded' number include sealed?

• Options

@Guxiyou said:

@clokwise said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

Does the 'ungraded' number include sealed?

sealed and in-hand seem to have a premium.

• Options

I'd rather get it graded myself then sell unopened. Worse case is you only make $700 off it for a 69 but the money you could be leaving on the table could be $2700 up to who knows how much if you get a signed COA. Im not selling though. lol....well unless its signed and they are pulling $10k+

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 4:36PM

Exactly...9 of 10 of my BIN sales were cancelled hours or days later...so I assume that I'm not unique; therefore, that actual "flip" number is way way lower!

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

What goes up must come down, I think eventually buyers will get fed up with all the reneging going on. 2 sellers reneged on me.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

Mine just arrived, but it is in a fedex envelop, not a mint box.

• Options

@Tradedesk said:
    Mine just arrived, but it is in a fedex envelop, not a mint box.

That’s weird

Collector

• Options

Mine arrived at my local post office this morning but it's not going to get delivered until Monday? Fedex smartpost is trash

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

"Mine just arrived, but it is in a fedex envelop, not a mint box."

did you open the envelope?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Archemia said:
    Mine arrived at my local post office this morning but it's not going to get delivered until Monday? Fedex smartpost is trash

Every estimate I've seen so far is longer than it actually takes. My guess is yours will arrive tomorrow, saturday at the latest.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Archemia said:

Every estimate I've seen so far is longer than it actually takes. My guess is yours will arrive tomorrow, saturday at the latest.

Fingers crossed. I want to ship this out to PCGS asap.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 6:12PM

A quick look at the 1995-W population report and the population report of this coin will tell a lot of the story is yet to be told.

NGC has graded 5,652 1995-W's, of which 609 are 70's.

PCGS has graded 4,379 1995-W's, of which 382 are 70's.

That is a total population of 10,031 grading events (in 20 years!! So many of these are still out there in the wild) and 991 70's out of the ~30k mintage, assuming no resubmissions, which I am sure there have been hundreds of. That is 9.8% of the grading events resulting in a grade of 70.

In contrast, of the issue in question today, PCGS has already graded 153 examples, of which 93 are 70's. Assuming that ratio holds out, 60.7% is a LOT more 70's.

Further, I believe these coins will be submitted en masse, chasing the hype of a 70, and prices will settle to $500-$750 a coin for a 69, within one year, with 70's being no more than $2,000, and a total graded population well in excess of 5,000 coins within a year.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Archemia said:

My estimate was tomorrow but it arrived today. So not everyone

Collector

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:
    A quick look at the 1995-W population report and the population report of this coin will tell a lot of the story is yet to be told.

That is a total population of 10,031 grading events (in 20 years!! So many of these are still out there in the wild) and 991 70's out of the ~30k mintage, assuming no resubmissions, which I am sure there have been hundreds of. That is 9.8% of the grading events resulting in a grade of 70.

In contrast, of the issue in question today, PCGS has already graded 153 examples, of which 93 are 70's. Assuming that ratio holds out, 60.7% is a LOT more 70's.

Further, I believe these coins will be submitted en masse, chasing the hype of a 70, and prices will settle to $500-$750 a coin for a 69, within one year, with 70's being no more than $2,000, and a total graded population well in excess of 5,000 coins within a year.

It does feel like a bubble right now - prices have been going up by about $100 every day on eBay. How much do you think a signed version would go for?

• Options

@Archemia said:

@DelawareDoons said:

It does feel like a bubble right now - prices have been going up by about $100 every day on eBay. How much do you think a signed version would go for?

I don’t think any have come to market yet

Collector

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Archemia said:

@DelawareDoons said:

The first to market will be insane. I would imagine they settle around $5k? Tough to say.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@Kliao said:

@Archemia said:

@DelawareDoons said:

Nevermind, there is a signed PR-70 on eBay priced at $25,000 LOL. No buyers yet

• Options

@Archemia said:

@Kliao said:

@Archemia said:

@DelawareDoons said:

Link? I wanna see!

Collector

• Options

@Kliao said:

@Archemia said:

@Kliao said:

@Archemia said:

@DelawareDoons said:

Link? I wanna see!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019S-1-Silver-AMERICAN-EAGLE-ENHANCED-REV-PROOF-SIGNED-BY-DAVID-J-RYDER-PF-70/254428426202?hash=item3b3d1dafda:g:1icAAOSw2Xtd1cqg

• Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

The signed one on ebay for $25,000 is one from the Baltimore show. I'm more interested to see a signed 1-100 COA coin show up for sale.

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file