Home U.S. Coin Forum

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Do you have to pay double the fee if you send it into PCGS and there’s a second coin that you didn’t know? :D

What if the one I just sent them does not even have a certificate in the box? Should I get an empty COA slab back with a label of COA # Details?

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck on the 70!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

So seems like no release today

Collector

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nuttin honey

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notta Thing

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada

Many happy BST transactions
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

nope....no red button to push

• OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Zilch, Zero

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Do you have to pay double the fee if you send it into PCGS and there’s a second coin that you didn’t know? :D

actually, yes

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kliao said:

@mdkuom said:

@jwitten said:

@mdkuom said:
    Are there others still waiting for confirmed orders from Thursday to ship?

Some people received their coins already because they paid for the faster shipping

I just got mine today! Should I OPE

If you are submitting to PCGS. No. If you are selling it on eBay. No. If you are keeping it for yourself. Yes.

I would NEVER sell an unopened Mint box on Ebay, WAAAAY too many potential issues. "I bought a ERP and there was a W Burnished ASE inside. I want to return it"

Nope...not going there AT ALL.....just my issue I guess

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kliao said:

@mdkuom said:

@jwitten said:

@mdkuom said:

Some people received their coins already because they paid for the faster shipping

If you are submitting to PCGS. No. If you are selling it on eBay. No. If you are keeping it for yourself. Yes.

I would NEVER sell an unopened Mint box on Ebay, WAAAAY too many potential issues. "I bought a ERP and there was a W Burnished ASE inside. I want to return it"

currently, it seems like close to a $200 price hit if you open the box. But, you may do as you wish. If someone wanted to play that game, your opening it won't helpl. You sell the coin, which you've carefully opened and inventoried and sold for $200 less, then ship it. All the buyer has to do is claim that the envelope arrived without the coin inside.

Yes, there are crooks out there. But people tie themselves in knots trying to think of ways that they could get ripped off and there is always a way around your safety measure. At some point, you've just got to trust that 99.99% of people are honest - based on my experience.

edited November 20, 2019 5:53AM

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kliao said:

@mdkuom said:

@jwitten said:

@mdkuom said:

You take a snap shot of your order on the mint website. The buyer ( and ebay) can match the tracking number and order number with the numbers on the box. Your order has exactly what's in the box. You send the picture only to the buyer in a contact message you can attach pictures. Should be enough to stop potential scam buyers and convince ebay what's in the package you mailed the buyer. You also ask a too high price with best offer option to vet buyers.
    Use this link to examine buyers feedback https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html
    My favorite buyers are those with high feedbacks all ( or almost all) as buyers. They are serious buyers.

edited November 20, 2019 5:53AM

@JimTyler said:

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kliao said:

@mdkuom said:

@jwitten said:

@mdkuom said:

You take a snap shot of your order on the mint website. The buyer ( and ebay) can match the tracking number and order number with the numbers on the box. Your order has exactly what's in the box. You send the picture only to the buyer in a contact message you can attach pictures. Should be enough to stop potential scam buyers and convince ebay what's in the package you mailed the buyer. You also ask a too high price with best offer option to vet buyers.
    Use this link to examine buyers feedback https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

Well, to be fair, the Mint does occasionally screw up an order. I've had 2 orders in the last year that had the incorrect number of items in the box.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the forum members who has stacked unopened Mint boxes actually has an unhappy surprise in one of them. ;)

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 6:46AM

Afraid of spotting still and the PCGS guarantee was rescinded on this issue.

I stopped buying and submitting ASE PF70s in 2011 when I paid $2k for a 2011 PCGS 70 FS 25th anniversary set and most of the set spotted within a few months. I sold it still for $1100 back then. Fortunately, I bought 25 sets from the mint and made some money. I still have a sealed box of 5 2011 25th anniversary sets and it has decreased in value since from its highs.

Both of mine will remain sealed.

For some reason my 2011 and 2006 NGC PF70 anniversary sets have not spotted yet.

Shortly after the 2011 spotting issue I sold my entire complete ASE NGC PF 70 set from 86-13 (except the PF69 1995w) set because of this spotting issue. I barely recouped my costs for what I paid thru the years for the entire set.

I also remember after I sold the NGC PF69 1995w for $2500 (what I paid for it) shortly after the 69s soared to $4k. But the increase in value didn’t last even back then.

I wonder what the value of 1995w PF70s will command now. Never safe to buy those while the series never ended. Who would of thought the mint would produce an artificial rarity and undermine the 1995w.

This is a lesson the mint is teaching us all.
    Buying these 2019s on the market now for $1k or 70s for whatever insane price is at your own peril. The mint has jumped the shark. They now did it once and they can do it again. Probably with a 20k or 10k minted ASE.

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kliao said:

@mdkuom said:

@jwitten said:

@mdkuom said:

Well, to be fair, the Mint does occasionally screw up an order. I've had 2 orders in the last year that had the incorrect number of items in the box.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the forum members who has stacked unopened Mint boxes actually has an unhappy surprise in one of them. ;)

Or the plane your coin is on can crash or the sun can go nova or ... that's why you vet the buyer to make the best decision you can. The most honorable buyer could drop dead while your coin is on the mail to him. You might as well quit if you think you can cover every contingency

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Yup...case in point is my recent "What's in the Box" thread. The "order #" on the box was nowhere near the actual order number. If it was correct there it would have easily been identified as the Apollo half sets inside

You should be able to find out if you had a extra coin if you weigh it. ;)

Collector

• jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    Afraid of spotting still and the PCGS guarantee was rescinded on this issue.

I stopped buying and submitting ASE PF70s in 2011 when I paid $2k for a 2011 PCGS 70 FS 25th anniversary set and most of the set spotted within a few months. I sold it still for $1100 back then. Fortunately, I bought 25 sets from the mint and made some money. I still have a sealed box of 5 2011 25th anniversary sets and it has decreased in value since from its highs.

Both of mine will remain sealed.

For some reason my 2011 and 2006 NGC PF70 anniversary sets have not spotted yet.

Shortly after the 2011 spotting issue I sold my entire complete ASE NGC PF 70 set from 86-13 (except the PF69 1995w) set because of this spotting issue. I barely recouped my costs for what I paid thru the years for the entire set.

I also remember after I sold the NGC PF69 1995w for $2500 (what I paid for it) shortly after the 69s soared to $4k. But the increase in value didn’t last even back then.

I wonder what the value of 1995w PF70s will command now. Never safe to buy those while the series never ended. Who would of thought the mint would produce an artificial rarity and undermine the 1995w.

This is a lesson the mint is teaching us all.
    Buying these 2019s on the market now for $1k or 70s for whatever insane price is at your own peril. The mint has jumped the shark. They now did it once and they can do it again. Probably with a 20k or 10k minted ASE.

I also sold all my ASE PF70s due to the milk spot concerns. For my collection, I rather have platinum and gold coins. I have bought two of these new silver enhanced reverse proof coins, and sold one of them already. When I see a delivery date on the second one, I will sell the other one.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.

I never seen a milk spot on any of my ASE yet.....

Collector

When will the sales figures actually get released?

Collector

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

So...thoughts on this...

How many are ripping open their boxes vs. shipping directly to TPGs?

I really want to open the box and send it in for slabbing later.

@Kliao said:
    When will the sales figures actually get released?

doesn't really matter. We won't learn anything from that. You can't tell anything from one number because you can't tell when the sales were booked. It'll show 29,000+ sold as of Sunday. But if there are 500 unaccounted for, all it means is that the sales may have been held up due to credit card problems or something.

@jabba said:
    Didn’t see any available today unless they went in a millisecond

I don’t think they were released today

Collector

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kliao said:

@mdkuom said:

@jwitten said:

@mdkuom said:

currently, it seems like close to a $200 price hit if you open the box. But, you may do as you wish. If someone wanted to play that game, your opening it won't helpl. You sell the coin, which you've carefully opened and inventoried and sold for $200 less, then ship it. All the buyer has to do is claim that the envelope arrived without the coin inside.

Yes, there are crooks out there. But people tie themselves in knots trying to think of ways that they could get ripped off and there is always a way around your safety measure. At some point, you've just got to trust that 99.99% of people are honest - based on my experience.

I trust that the bold statement is genuine and an honest assessment of your experiences; however, my experiences differ significantly. At least 95+% of the population at large will screw you over if given the chance.

Multiple $1000-$1200 sales today on FeeBay. Multiple auctions have now closed above $1,000. If you haven't sent your packages to your TPG of choice yet, you might want to up the insurance and adjust for possible future appreciation/speculation.

What we really need is a quirky variety to push this to stratospheric heights. >:)

@cameonut2011 said:
    Multiple $1000-$1200 sales today on FeeBay. Multiple auctions have now closed above $1,000. If you haven't sent your packages to your TPG of choice yet, you might want to up the insurance and adjust for possible future appreciation/speculation.

What we really need is a quirky variety to push this to stratospheric heights. >:)

Wow the prices are going through the roof!!?

Collector

edited November 20, 2019 4:46PM

Two NGC PF70 UCAM 1995-W sold for $8,300 and $12,375 respectively. A PCGS PF70 DCAM also sold in October for just under $30k. PCGS has certified 382 1995-W coins in PF70 DCAM. NGC has certified 609 in PF70 UCAM for the 1995-W. Will this coin's price approach the 1995-W level even if it is also with label and COA rarity? This will be interesting to watch.

Edited: The prices listed were eBay prices. Heritage puts both NGC and PCGS 1995-W PF70 coins in the low five figure range.

edited November 20, 2019 4:47PM

@cameonut2011 said:
    Two NGC PF70 UCAM 1995-W sold for $8,300 and $12,375 respectively. A PCGS PF70 DCAM also sold in October for just under $30k. PCGS has certified 382 1995-W coins in PF70 DCAM. NGC has certified 609 in PF70 UCAM for the 1995-W. Will this coin's price approach the 1995-W level even if it is also with label and COA rarity? This will be interesting to watch.

Are those prices going up or down because of the RP coin? Possibly In 10 years this coin will be at that level! :)

Collector

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 5:25PM

No comparison between this 2019 and 1995W. So there are about 1,000 of the 30,125 1995-W's minted that have been graded 70's combined NGC and PCGS after 24 years of intense looking and maybe "older" tech minting or handling them. Yes, they are still about $10,000+.

I believe there will be around 5,000-10,000 graded 70's of this 2019-S coin just within a few months. So their value will be lower proportionate to supply and demand. So I think these in 70 will settle in around $1,000-2,000.

The trivial lower mintage at 30,000 or only 125 less, is basically irrelevant to graded 70 seekers and people who know how few 1995's in 70 there really will ever be vs this 2019 even with gradeflation. Scarcity in top grade will trump mintage IMO.

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BigA said:

rice hit if you open the box. But, you may do as you wish. If someone wanted to play that game, your opening it won't helpl. You sell the coin, which you've carefully opened and inventoried and sold for $200 less, then ship it. All the buyer has to do is claim that the envelope arrived without the coin inside.

I trust that the bold statement is genuine and an honest assessment of your experiences; however, my experiences differ significantly. At least 95+% of the population at large will screw you over if given the chance.

I have done almost 70,000 transactions on eBay. Those transactions include 20,000 to 30,000 transactions in the pre-PayPal, pre-Seller Protection days of eBay when payment was by personal check. In those 70,000 transactions, I have had less than 20 problem transactions.

In the current eBay/PayPal environment where it would be very easy to file a SNAD or claim non-receipt, it almost never happens. I ship all packages under $300 self-insured. A buyer claiming non-receipt would not even need to deal with postal inspectors. Yet, it never happens.

I have LIVED this amazing eBay experience that proves that 99.9% of the people are honest and honorable.

And I say that as a professional cynic! ;)

@Kliao said:

@cameonut2011 said:

Are those prices going up or down because of the RP coin? Possibly In 10 years this coin will be at that level! :)

Not going to happen for the reason @Goldminers mentions for 70s. I also would not expect the raw or 69 prices to reach those levels. It is far more likely that the price of the 95Ws come down to meet the 2019s.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Budget Shipping piece is now in my community and being transferred to USPS. Still shows expected delivery as 11/25/19 but I gotta believe it will be delivered by Friday.

Scheduled delivery: Monday 11/25/2019 by end of day
    IN TRANSIT
    Xxxxxxxx, IA
    GET STATUS UPDATES

FROM
    MEMPHIS, TN US

TO
    Xxxxxxxx, IA US

Travel History
    Shipment Facts

Wednesday, 11/20/2019 7:22 am Xxxxxxxx, IA In transit to U.S. Postal Service

• ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 6:31PM

@Gluggo said:

@Kliao said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kliao said:

@mdkuom said:

@jwitten said:

@mdkuom said:

I just got mine today! Should I OPEN IT?

Are you keeping or flipping

No Flipping here. I have already forwarded the package to Fed Ex and it’s scheduled to Arrive to PCGS on Friday.

Looking forward to see the final results. Then when she gets back into the Vault! :o

Right on Gluggo, I sent mine in today too.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

They have shipped and mint still not updating stats yet. This one will stay like the celebration sets of a few years back. These are keepers

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

We’re probably gonna have to wait for next week’s report as it seems like they aren't gonna release one for this week

Collector

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who knows how sloppily or exacting this coin was produced. Could be a mess with only a few grading MS70. Time will tell.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 6:48PM

@philographer said:
    Who knows how sloppily or exacting this coin was produced. Could be a mess with only a few grading MS70. Time will tell.

Sample of what's been graded so far, it looks like a few varieties (first strike, FDOI, baltimore, etc)

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2019-s-1-silver-eagle-enhanced-rev-pr/807000
    ^^Direct link to that page if you want it.

Nothin with NGC yet

Collector

@philographer said:

Possible but I doubt it. These are coins mostly made from the same few dies as there are only 30,000 of them.

Collector

edited November 20, 2019 7:56PM

@Kliao said:

@philographer said:

Possible but I doubt it. These are coins mostly made from the same few dies as there are only 30,000 of them.

The number of dies doesn't correlate to the condition. You may be confusing my earlier comment about varieties. Having only one die eliminates the possibility of varieties, but a worn die will strike coins with defects that prevent 70s.

• @Tetromibi said:

@philographer said:

Sample of what's been graded so far, it looks like a few varieties (first strike, FDOI, baltimore, etc)

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2019-s-1-silver-eagle-enhanced-rev-pr/807000

Based on those numbers only 45/173 (26%) so far have been graded a 70. The 70's are gonna be worth a ton.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 8:46PM

@CoinMeUp said:

@Tetromibi said:

@philographer said:

Based on those numbers only 45/173 (26%) so far have been graded a 70. The 70's are gonna be worth a ton.

This show 87 graded 70 and 54 graded 69. More made 70s that’s not to bad. 87 / 141 = 62% success. Am I doing it right? I know you picked the low number but I picked the high number.
    But what does it really matter I don’t really care 69 or 70 you can barely tell the difference . I did not but this for a 70 I got this to collect with my COA sitting next to my beautiful PCGS coin with its gold seal and First Strike Label. Wish I had a Black Label one though! Oh I am a Label guy. o:)

@Gluggo said:

This show 87 graded 70 and 54 graded 69. More made 70s that’s not to bad. 87 / 141 = 62% success. Am I doing it right?

Yes

• opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

So according to those odds, if I send 2 in, I have a 62% chance of getting a 70 on each one? If so, what am I waiting on?

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

@opportunity said:
    So according to those odds, if I send 2 in, I have a 62% chance of getting a 70 on each one? If so, what am I waiting on?

That data is NOT accurate. Bulk submitters often submit with a 70 minimum grade

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file