The countdown is now over....launched successfully - November 14th

OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 14, 2019 3:07PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The U.S. Mint offers a new silver eagle. 14 days to launch

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

several other threads on this already.

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

there's always room for one more. there are multiple threads on several subjects. I'm just starting a countdown to its release date. Having fun in anticipation!

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the heads up.

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must have missed the others threads. Thanks.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlexinPA said:
    Must have missed the others threads. Thanks.

same here

12 days to go! all systems check, credit card at the ready, password updated, website saved, elbows sharpened...

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m in.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the enhanced reverse proof S mint right?? I was considering that one... better make up my mind. Cheers, RickO

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in but the chances are slim, most won't get one at issue price.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

"That is the enhanced reverse proof S mint right?? I was considering that one... better make up my mind. Cheers, RickO"

yes, that's right. you'd probably want to pick one of these up...total mintage is limited to only 30,000..one per household. looking like a winner for both collectors and flippers. good luck...sellout in T - minus 12 days

T-minus 11

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll wait.
    In a few years I'll pick up 180,000 or so of this issue too.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

No interest here.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@Swampboy said:
    I'll wait.
    In a few years I'll pick up 180,000 or so of this issue too.

LOL. Going to be hard when they only mint 30,000. That other one had an unlimited mintage.

@santinidollar said:
    I’ll go for one at issuance price. If I get cut out by TV peddlers and flippers, it’s my sincerest hope they choke on them.

I don't plan on choking on them. I plan on selling them. ;)

10 ...final countdown

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep reminding me. I don't want to forget.

Maybe this new lowest mintage SE will bring the price down the value of of the current record holder so I can get one of those some day as well.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

any pics of this new thing?

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be trying for one. Fingers already crossed I don't experience the "computer hang" fate that happens when low mintage, 1 per household and high demand cross in the fulfillment servers.

9.... ignition sequence begins

That's not a picture, it's an artist's rendition.

If you want to see what the coin looks like, look at the Pride of Two Nation coins. It's the identical coin with a different mint mark.

@johnny9434 said:

Just go to eBay and look at the Pride of 2 Nations coins. Identical finish, different mint mark.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

If you want to see what the coin looks like, look at the Pride of Two Nation coins. It's the identical coin with a different mint mark.

Technically, if you take a picture of an artist rendition is it not a picture?

Since I took a picture (snapshot) of the rendition then posted the jpg... Just throwing it out there. :p

CoinFacts of the Pride of Two Nations’ version:

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:

@johnny9434 said:

Technically, if you take a picture of an artist rendition is it not a picture?

Since I took a picture (snapshot) of the rendition then posted the jpg... Just throwing it out there. :p

CoinFacts of the Pride of Two Nations’ version:

OK. Fair enough:

It's a picture of an artist's rendition. LOL.

The problem is, it gives no sense of the contrast on the actual coin.

8 ...systems check, switching to com control

• rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

jmlanzaf Posts:

Does anyone know why the Mint doesn't hire a photographer and use actual pictures?
    From a purely marketing/sales perspective the general public would be so much more impressed by a photo. Especially of a coin with subtle and varying finishes.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

This coin will require no marketing or sales perspective to sell out in mere moments.
    It just adds to the allure, suspense and builds drama over what the coin will really look like in hand.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

@MilesWaits said:
    This coin will require no marketing or sales perspective to sell out in mere moments.
    It just adds to the allure, suspense and builds drama over what the coin will really look like in hand.

It is true in this case, but it was maddening for the first time they used certain finishes. I had no idea what "enhanced uncirculated" was going to look like before I saw a picture of the actual coins. The Mint image didn't help. It is also probably confusing to newbies who might have never even seen a proof finish before. Seems like they should be able to introduce a picture at some point before sales day, at least if they've struck them at that point.

@rip_f said:

jmlanzaf Posts:

Does anyone know why the Mint doesn't hire a photographer and use actual pictures?
    From a purely marketing/sales perspective the general public would be so much more impressed by a photo. Especially of a coin with subtle and varying finishes.

Well, for the initial listing they may not have struck the coins. I just don't know why they don't add a photo or replace the rendering as release gets closer and they have struck the actual coins.

@jmlanzaf said:

@rip_f said:

jmlanzaf Posts:

Well, for the initial listing they may not have struck the coins. I just don't know why they don't add a photo or replace the rendering as release gets closer and they have struck the actual coins.

Probably not in the contract with PFSWeb?

7...oxygen check initiating

6...thumbs up to mission control

5...comm check

• SenateSaloonSenateSaloon Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 5:08PM

What are others’ past experiences with a quick sellout? For example, is it only when you do the ultimate checkout that your coin is reserved or is it reserved as soon as you have it in the “bag”?

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

No “hey, how are you” or “what’s your zodiac sign” just in for a quick score?!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SenateSaloon said:
    What are others’ past experiences with a quick sellout? For example, is it only when you do the ultimate checkout that your coin is reserved or is it reserved as soon as you have it in the “bag”?

It's not reserved until the final button is clicked and it actually goes through. Having it in the "bag" is just another step. Don't blink, hope your computer doesn't sputter, good luck.

Actually I’ve been monitoring here for months and collecting for years. Finally decided to get approved for posting. I’ve made many purchases from the mint for years. What I haven’t done is been in what looks to be a race and very fast sellout. I’m trying to get one of these for my son. He’s a collector. No intent to flip. Any insights? Finally, I have appreciated a lot of informative posts. Many thanks to all.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SenateSaloon said:
    Actually I’ve been monitoring here for months and collecting for years. Finally decided to get approved for posting. I’ve made many purchases from the mint for years. What I haven’t done is been in what looks to be a race and very fast sellout. I’m trying to get one of these for my son. He’s a collector. No intent to flip. Any insights? Finally, I have appreciated a lot of informative posts. Many thanks to all.

Be on the page logged in and ready 5 minutes early then refresh until it turns to GO.

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. Seems to me it would be better to be hard connected to the internet rather than using wifi.

@SenateSaloon said:
    Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. Seems to me it would be better to be hard connected to the internet rather than using wifi.

Depends on whether your wifi is flaky. Hard connected to a modem gets around a flaky wifi but it doesn't help with internet bandwidth problems that come from your provider.

• OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

There may have been other threads on this topic, but your is the first one that I read. I tend to buy these for my granddaughter and appreciate the heads up.

OINK

@jmlanzaf said:

@SenateSaloon said:

Depends on whether your wifi is flaky. Hard connected to a modem gets around a flaky wifi but it doesn't help with internet bandwidth problems that come from your provider.

Taking it to the extreme... ;)

Hard wired, disconnect all other hard wired connections, and turn off the WiFI on the modem.

Backup connection?

Have your smart phone logged-in and ready using the TELCOMs WIFI.

As I said, “extreme.”

Double check the pre-saved mailing address, CC #, and CC address.

Decide now how you want it shipped, very slow, slow, kind of slow, and fast (next day). Deciding during checkout may cause you to miss it.

Lastly, don’t hit the wrong button. :o

IMO

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

IMO you'll have 8 mins at least. They will not process 30,000 orders of 1 each in less time.

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@SenateSaloon said:

Taking it to the extreme... ;)

Hard wired, disconnect all other hard wired connections, and turn off the WiFI on the modem.

Backup connection?

Have your smart phone logged-in and ready using the TELCOMs WIFI.

As I said, “extreme.”

Double check the pre-saved mailing address, CC #, and CC address.

Decide now how you want it shipped, very slow, slow, kind of slow, and fast (next day). Deciding during checkout may cause you to miss it.

Lastly, don’t hit the wrong button. :o

IMO

I think "extreme" would be to buy a plane ticket to Baltimore and get in line tomorrow! ;)

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Orders used to be sent through the mail on a mint order form, then they got really advanced and took your order over the phone! Now you need an internet provider that processes at light speed. Don’t worry. "As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely eighty-eight miles per hour the instant the lightning strikes the tower… everything will be fine." Dr. Emmett Brown (Back to the Future)

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7over8 said:
    IMO you'll have 8 mins at least. They will not process 30,000 orders of 1 each in less time.

So there will be lags on their end? What if there are 50,000 attempts during the first minute? Will it crash their system?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file