Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The countdown is now over....launched successfully - November 14th

2»

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

I think "extreme" would be to buy a plane ticket to Baltimore and get in line tomorrow! ;)

Fanatical!

Spellcheck says it’s spelled right. :D

• Options
    SenateSaloonSenateSaloon Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

@7over8 said:
    IMO you'll have 8 mins at least. They will not process 30,000 orders of 1 each in less time.

Why? Because of server capacity? Something else? I’ve read that one of the 2017 SAE coins sold out in about 3 minutes. It had 75k available but more importantly had no household limit so apparently there were a lot of purchases 100 at a time. Still, that’s a really quick sellout. What could be different here?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SenateSaloon said:

@7over8 said:
    IMO you'll have 8 mins at least. They will not process 30,000 orders of 1 each in less time.

Why? Because of server capacity? Something else? I’ve read that one of the 2017 SAE coins sold out in about 3 minutes. It had 75k available but more importantly had no household limit so apparently there were a lot of purchases 100 at a time. Still, that’s a really quick sellout. What could be different here?

The Palladium coin last year had a 15,000 mintage with HHL of 1. It took 4 to 5 minutes to sell out. There is a processing time required and the servers can get jammed. I think 8 minutes is a reasonable number.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be a mess. I'm not certain I'll get one and I usually do. It's nuts to make deals now.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

4...all systems go check

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    All my bills are due on the 14th.

That's okay, you'll be charging the coin so you don't need to pay until December 14th!

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@davewesen said:

@7over8 said:

So there will be lags on their end? What if there are 50,000 attempts during the first minute? Will it crash their system?

Likely, likely, and likely.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@SenateSaloon said:

@7over8 said:

The Palladium coin last year had a 15,000 mintage with HHL of 1. It took 4 to 5 minutes to sell out. There is a processing time required and the servers can get jammed. I think 8 minutes is a reasonable number.

I agree 8 minutes is a reasonable maximum time for online availability.

True story: Almost ten years ago there was a hot issue (I think the mintage was 100k w/5 max per household) that I had committed to sell to a major dealer here on CU forums. Something came up and I had to be on the road without a smartphone but figured I could get through on a "regular" phone call. I guesstimated at least a 30 minute window of opportunity. Well you know what happened. After a dozen calls over a 20 minute period I finally got through and they were gone. I believe that one was a ~12 minute sell-out and an easy $500 (5 pcs X $100/ea) for those who got them.

• Options

3...initiating ignition sequence

• Options

2...mission control calls it a "GO"

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in just for the FUN of it B)

• Options

@Paradisefound said:

No, you already have too much fun.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@Paradisefound said:

But Jim, she'll have fun making us all do backflips in a contest while she offers it as an amazing prize in a contest held by Mango during one of our winter storms!!!

• Options

1...firing rockets

• Options
    edited November 13, 2019 9:21AM

<3 Gentlemen.... you may have to practice your back and forward flips early <3

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:

@Paradisefound said:

But Jim, she'll have fun making us all do backflips in a contest while she offers it as an amazing prize in a contest held by Mango during one of our winter storms!!!

• Options

@Paradisefound said:

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:

@Paradisefound said:

PF you're so cool.

• Options

@Onastone said:

@Paradisefound said:

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:

@Paradisefound said:

PF you're so cool.

You're such a kiss ( l )

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver Kisses!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just woke up.....................what is the "countdown" for ?

Just Kidding

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

0...and we have LIFTOFF! good luck crew!

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did a test run and bought me the American Innovation 2019 $1 Reverse Proof Coin - Delaware and was out in less than 15 Seconds about 4 minutes ago! B) So I am all locked and loaded, my PayPal link works good so I won't have to plug any extra information. Just hit the Pay Pal link, click the agree box and hit complete. Okay maybe 20 Seconds. o:)

• Options

@Gluggo said:

Okay maybe 20 Seconds. o:)

Good Luck Gluggo!!!!!! I know you'll get one. Now there will be only 29,999 left!

• Options

NO .... I am so HOT

@Onastone said:

@Paradisefound said:

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:

@Paradisefound said:

PF you're so cool.

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    NO .... I am so HOT

Hahaha...looks like your mom is hot!!! :) I'm left out in the cold here. And it was below 20 degrees here this morning. :(

• Options

Gentlemen ..... you are both such a kiss (II) ;)

@JimTyler said:

@Onastone said:

@Paradisefound said:

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:

@Paradisefound said:

PF you're so cool.

You're such a kiss ( l )

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    1...firing rockets

Well, did you get one???

• Options
    edited November 14, 2019 3:46PM

I was one of the lucky ones...fought through several server crashes, a little huffing and puffing...and finally was able to check out and get a confirmation from the mint. I'm in orbit and floating in my tin can.

• Options

mission (mint) control ... the eagle has landed ... thanks to those who posted and promoted this mint issue, in this and the other five threads prior to the launch. made a very exciting morning, through the mint's oopsy doopsy trauma, and just squeezing in an order before the cutoff. now it's time to go into deep space hibernation. see you on the re-entry

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

"...launched successfully - November 14th"

Is that some kind of cruel joke? :D

• Options

not a cruel joke..sorry...just a continuation of a theme for this thread. I realize many were disappointed this morning, I was certainly having a hard time getting through all of the crashes. of course I didn't want to give up until I could get my order through. that would have been an ironic ending to this thread. no liftoff, crashed and burned, and the mission scrubbed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file