Home Precious Metals
Options

Show me a cool silver round!

13»

Comments

• Options
    donjaludonjalu Posts: 64 ✭✭✭

I think this is a sterling silver art round with the possible likeness of the Sun Dancer image seen in the 1949 watercolor by Dick West.
    The front says “Wah-pah-nah-yah” then under it “Dick West 75” on the bottom right of the coin.   The rim is stamped, “The Medallic History of the American Indian-2 STERLING” then circle with a “C” in it; then 3 hallmarks squares; “F”, “75”, “P”. The diameter is larger than the standard Franklin Mint American Indian Art rounds.
    Anyone familiar with this image?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 4:54PM

Dick West was Wah-pah-nah-yah.

@donjalu said:
    I think this is a sterling silver art round with the possible likeness of the Sun Dancer image seen in the 1949 watercolor by Dick West.
    The front says “Wah-pah-nah-yah” then under it “Dick West 75” on the bottom right of the coin.   The rim is stamped, “The Medallic History of the American Indian-2 STERLING” then circle with a “C” in it; then 3 hallmarks squares; “F”, “75”, “P”. The diameter is larger than the standard Franklin Mint American Indian Art rounds.
    Anyone familiar with this image?

I think it’s one of a set of 50 rounds for a series in Indian History by the Franklin Mint.

https://franklin-mint-silver.com/franklin-mint-indian-history-medals.htm

Edit: Now you have to get the other 49.

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019 6:00AM

Nice ones added. What a variety out there! Always something new it appears.

I grabbed this Chopper round one year because its groovy cool and has a Harley Davidson engine and I have a similar project bike. Crossover piece! The detail on it is pretty tight!
    Then I found another one of a shovelhead FLH which would have been how my bike came stock originally before it was run down and rebuilt onto a chopper stroker engine.

I found another at some point and noticed all three pieces have a different reverse so that’s kinda neat. Anyone have something from this run of rounds? I love em.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!!!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was this coin slabbed by NGC?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    Another nice one ;)

That's just plain fantastic! :love:

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2019 5:56PM

Yup.... a first...Britannia & Germania on one silver round. I think Britannia has a slight edge over "sex appeal" ;)

Not available until July.....I suspect, with a huge jump over spot.

https://germaniamint.com/issue-plan/2019/

reverse is below.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA.... I really like that 'Allegories' coin.... I think I will watch for one of those... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @OPA.... I really like that 'Allegories' coin.... I think I will watch for one of those... Cheers, RickO

Agree....great design....however, I suspect the 5 oz will cost somewhere in the $750-$800 range.... :(

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019 12:42PM

@OPA said:
    Yup.... a first...Britannia & Germania on one silver round. I think Britannia has a slight edge over "sex appeal" ;)

Not available until July.....I suspect, with a huge jump over spot.

https://germaniamint.com/issue-plan/2019/

here is a recent release 1 oz silver proof. https://www.apmex.com/product/188473/1-oz-silver-round-germania-2019-proof

only 199.99 and 1,000 pieces made.

I'm not biting on this one.

The intaglio mint ones hit me in the tribute to a classic soft spot that dcarr items hit me in. otherwise, I'd be looking at 90% or ASE

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

If that Apmex price is indicative of the Britannia/Germania medal, it seems overpriced....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

1982 Englehard prospector

Desire is oft more pleasant than acquisition.

• Options

Another 12oz walker this one is 1988

• Options

my personal favorites. Norfed liberty dollars, some 2008 $20 base type 2s

• Options

actually the proofs are my favorites, 2009 $50 base 1 oz, from 5 piece set.

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2019 4:53PM

2-oz Tetradrachm of Akragas---Two Eagles and Hare

5-oz Washington Funeral Medal (Antiqued)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 2 oz silver tetradrachm is neat. Where did you find it?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    That 2 oz silver tetradrachm is neat. Where did you find it?

That is an Intaglio Mint product.

• Options

Those are nice... big silver coins/medals are always interesting. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@asheland said:

@OPA said:
    Another nice one ;)

Now available at APMEX for $399...Completed pre sale auctions on ebay ranged in the $320 - $350+ range. (mostly from German or Polish based sellers)

• Options
    BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

This is far from round but it is 1oz and it's one of the coolest I have. Actually I can thank @coastalpride85 for that as I got it from him on here about 2 weeks ago. THANKS BRO!

Sorry, I'm glad I'm a better numismatist then I am a photographer, but in hand this piece is a thing of beauty, a real work of art. Thanks

COOKIES!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    coastalpride85coastalpride85 Posts: 376 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the shout out @BIGWEBB My entry is my wife's Privateer series 2 oz rounds. Sorry for the bad pictures, they didn't want to play nice.

• Options
    BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

@coastalpride85 I love the privateers, really I love anything with skulls but they are awesome

COOKIES!

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you all for sharing the excellent and unique silver rounds!
    I’m really digging this thread.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a monster Silver art Deco french medal by Dammann. Total weight is 245.90 Grams. 90% silver for a total of 7.11 Oz. You have to be careful not to drop it. A toe could be crushed.

• Options

• Options
    oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those look like the Limited Mintage 2 oz indians. I love those. I spent my money on other issues they had, but should have picked up a roll of 10 of the Indians.

• Options

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019 1:44PM

@Hemispherical said:

@1630Boston said:
    One Troy Pound

How’d I miss troy pound of walking Ag! Wow!

Actually, upon closer inspection it is not one troy pound..........it is 1.25 troy pounds of silver.
    [one pound standard (avoirdupois) = 16 oz (avoirdupois) = 14.6 oz troy. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an exceptional thread! :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Latest Allegories design from the Germania Mint, due in Oct or Nov...Columbia & Germania

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many nice ones added folks! Love seeing the variety.

I like this piece as it represents my home state. The native shield, agriculture/ranching and neutrino lab are represented well. Frosted devices and mirror fields make this piece more of a medal than a bullion round. Reverse in a groovy 70s bicentennial graphic that always appealed to me. Marked Sterling in the edge but don’t know the weight as I didn’t want to take it out of the plastic holder. Weight doesn’t really matter it’s close enough to an Oz for me and would keep it around just for the personal Statehood imagery tie in.

• Options

Some really nice silver rounds - and some big ones as well....Really like the Allegories pieces... thinking more and more about getting one...Great thread. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    @OPA said:
    Another nice one ;)

That would be super cool if those gals started fighting.. or kissing

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry