Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Submission Times

I have a 65 day submission currently at business day 71. Wanted to see what others have been experiencing.

Comments

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be curious to know what the Collectors Club submissions are running if anyone has some there or got a sub back recently.

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I renewed only because I wanted quick poppage. My order logged on 4-30 popped on 6-5.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

Is it a bulk submission? If so, under Grading prices on the webisite bulk submissions are still listed as 85 day turnaround. PSA is saying their estimated turnaround time has been 65 days recently.

I have 3 bulk orders sitting at 64, 65, and 66 days.

Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
    edited June 10, 2019 5:41PM

@BPorter26 said:
    I renewed only because I wanted quick poppage. My order logged on 4-30 popped on 6-5.

That's about what I suspected. Their updated times for Regular service submissions is at about 30 business days.

I got two 15 card CC orders there that were entered on 6-6 and a 2 card Regular service order entered on 6-5.

• kimo75kimo75 Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited June 10, 2019 6:16PM

Mine was the quarterly collectors club special for the first quarter.

• lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I am on day 85 on a 100 card sub consisting of all the same type of cards.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

My last bulk from 1/17 popped today. Now moving to the February subs.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

40 day renewal 4/30 - on day 30
    65 day bulk 3/4 - on day 71

Hopefully, these will both pop soon

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    I'd be curious to know what the Collectors Club submissions are running if anyone has some there or got a sub back recently.

I have two there now. Log dates of
    4/6 & 5/13.

Kevin

@LOTSOS said:

@erikthredd said:

I have two there now. Log dates of
    4/6 & 5/13.

Wow,I remember you telling me that awhile back when i had a thread asking about purchasing multiple years of CC membership. Are those odd cards that just need to be researched a bit or just normal everyday cards that are already in the Pop report?

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

The oldest consists of 2 separate subs. 14 cards raw all modern hockey and 1 BGS cross over of a modern hockey. The second is 4 hand cut 85 box bottoms and 11 79T from the BBCE break.

Kevin

@LOTSOS said:
    The oldest consists of 2 separate subs. 14 cards raw all modern hockey and 1 BGS cross over of a modern hockey. The second is 4 hand cut 85 box bottoms and 11 79T from the BBCE break.

Gotcha,those don't sound like they would need much prep work before grading. I set mine up 15 Jordan 90's inserts in one and the other 15 mostly Jordan foreign issues that are all in the pop report minus one in which the set is but this # isn't. I'm just hoping these get done before the National.

Mine is all Shirriff baseball coins. I’m checking daily. Lol

@kimo75 said:
    Mine is all Shirriff baseball coins. I’m checking daily. Lol

We all are. ;)

• _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

My last bulk order popped in the low 60 business days several weeks ago

• esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

I have a March 12 log date wax pack submission that is in process. I believe that's around 66 business days. Estimate was 70.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I have two I submitted in July of 2015. Still waiting (I kid but it seems that long!).

Matt

• RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019 1:45PM

I have a 70 day pack submission that is at exactly the 4 month mark (82 business days). I called this week and they told me it hasn't moved at all and to wait a few more weeks before calling back. Absolutely ridiculous! How long is it going to take PSA to adjust to the growth and provide better service?? I understand it takes time to hire and train employees...but it shouldn't take YEARS to do so!!!

The least they can do is take some common sense positive steps to appease us. For example, how about showing a running digital queue of all orders in house, so we can see exactly where our order stands in line?? And how about a grading voucher/credit when wait time exceeds the quoted number of days (which have already been increased beyond a reasonable time frame recently) by a wide margin?

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019 3:55PM

Current turnaround times seem to be dropping. Pack submissions a week or so ago were running 100+ days and bulk subs seem to be down as well...

Jim

• RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received an email from customer service stating 85 day bulk submissions last Thursday or Friday, if that helps!

• Dual service up from 40 to 66

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

waiting 1/11/19.... soon i hope

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • I've got 2 card grading submissions currently with PSA, one at a regular service 40 day, and the other at a regular service 25 day. The 40 day was entered into PSA's system on 4/17/2019. The 25 day was entered into their system on 5/3/2019. The 40 day submission is currently 41 business days into processing (1 day beyond estimate), and the 25 day is currently 29 business days into processing (4 days beyond estimate). Hoping to get grades announced any day now.

• WalkinDudeWalkinDude Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

I have a order that was posted on April 11th, 2019.
    It was a regular 25 business day submission for 3 crossover cards.
    It has now been 43 business days and nothing yet.
    waiting, waiting and more waiting

Patrick

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:
    I have a order that was posted on April 11th, 2019.
    It was a regular 25 business day submission for 3 crossover cards.
    It has now been 43 business days and nothing yet.
    waiting, waiting and more waiting

About the same, two card crossover logged 4/22. Think I'm biz day 36 if I calculated correctly.

edited June 12, 2019 11:03AM

Mine are in since 3/1.

What’s always been frustrating with PSA is that 2 people could send in cards for the same tier and have them received the same day. One could be done in 39 days and the other in 89. Seems like there’s no rhyme or reason to the service. Additionally there should be very few submissions ever that require any research with the amount of cards they’ve graded.

@kimo75 said:
    Additionally there should be very few submissions ever that require any research with the amount of cards they’ve graded.

:D You've never seen one of my subs then.

edited June 17, 2019 5:22PM

Day 75! I’m impatient. PSA has the same business model as the post office....subpar customer service and ever increasing prices. And day 75 isn’t calculating the 10 days it took to enter the system.

• soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

3/4/2019 N/A Processing 25 Monthly Special 4

I think this is day 75. Not sure what the turnaround time for the monthly special was.

• Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

seems the chart provided by burghman is saying the average for the week for bulk was 65 days, while Rofles received an email from customer service saying 85 days for bulk...hmmmmm....consistency wouldn't be a bad idea, me thinks

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@soxaddict said:

I think this is day 75. Not sure what the turnaround time for the monthly special was.

Nice profile pic and welcome to the forum

• sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭

And how about a grading voucher/credit when wait time exceeds the quoted number of days (which have already been increased

PSA does issue grading vouchers for exceeding the quoted number of days. I called at day 102 and order was processed on day 108. Be kind and indicate that you are not complaining but just concerned about "why" the sub is taking so long.....Such as: Is there a credit card processing issue? Approximately the 10th of the next month after pop I did receive a $100 grading voucher to be used within one year. The sub was a 100 card bulk.....

Good news is that if you use a credit card you are not charged until the sub is processed giving yourself several months to "save" for it. I remember sending in checks several years ago that were immediately cashed and not receiving the service for 2-3 months.

• minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019 2:08PM

I had a bulk sub of 181 cards that was logged by PSA on 1/17 pop last Friday 6/14. I have not renewed my annual subscription due to the wait times and now with what's going on in the hobby.

@minnesotahusker said:
    I had a bulk sub of 181 cards that was logged by PSA on 1/17 pop last Friday 6/14. I have not renewed my annual subscription due to the wait times and now with what's going on in the hobby.

There’s no excuse for that type of service.

@HighGradeLegends said:

@soxaddict said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

@soxaddict said:

It was 65 days at that time. It’s now been increased to 247. Lol

• RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I emailed Steve Sloan several weeks ago and suggested that he share exactly how aggressive their hiring/training plan has been since he posted at the top of this board 4 months ago about how PSA needs to better communicate with its customers. Never heard back, but I'm guessing it hasn't been very aggressive at all given how wait times were going from 3 months to 4 months at the time he posted...and now seem to be approaching 5 months.

edited June 18, 2019 4:34PM

Not a very well run business from a customer service standpoint. It’s been that way since they opened. I sent an email with a general question. 6 days to get a reply. That is not a company that is staffed properly.

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

today is business day 62 for me.

• Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

yup...agree with all who aren't happy with customer service...no doubt that is a pretty big issue, one that most likely would be at least partially remedied by hiring more folks, whether it be to answer emails in a timely manner, to answer phone calls, to grade cards, etc...obviously we want qualified people to grade our cards, but to wait form January to June to get one's cards back is not acceptable, and I would think all parties would agree with that

• CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I'm on day 92...(85 day bulk)

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • mnolan315mnolan315 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Logged 2/13
    Still waiting

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@kimo75 said:
    Additionally there should be very few submissions ever that require any research with the amount of cards they’ve graded.

I have! And I’m just as guilty. My latest bulk order includes 22 foreign cards, a proof, 2 cards that will probably N9, and another that will be the first graded copy lol

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@kimo75 said:

I have! And I’m just as guilty. My latest bulk order includes 22 foreign cards, a proof, 2 cards that will probably N9, and another that will be the first graded copy lol

You troublemakers should go straight to the spec department.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

@krisd3279 said:

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@kimo75 said:

Actually I would love to work in PSA’s research department!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@krisd3279 said:

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@kimo75 said:

I'm pretty sure we do already.

Odd cards and research still doesn’t justify the absurd turn times.

@kimo75 said:

If you say so. But to me, this comes across a little bit like my 15 year old, who doesn’t want to get out of bed but also doesn’t want to be late for school. Everything takes time, regardless of whether it would be more convenient if it didn’t.

Yaz Master Set

@DBesse27 said:

@kimo75 said:

If you say so. But to me, this comes across a little bit like my 15 year old, who doesn’t want to get out of bed but also doesn’t want to be late for school. Everything takes time, regardless of whether it would be more convenient if it didn’t.

😜