Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@krisd3279 said:

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@kimo75 said:
    Additionally there should be very few submissions ever that require any research with the amount of cards they’ve graded.

:D You've never seen one of my subs then.

I have! And I’m just as guilty. My latest bulk order includes 22 foreign cards, a proof, 2 cards that will probably N9, and another that will be the first graded copy lol

You troublemakers should go straight to the spec department.

Actually I would love to work in PSA’s research department!

I'd love to be the guy opening all of the packages shipped to PSA. You can just imagine all of the great cards you'll likely see.

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2019 4:42PM

My CC free submission were logged in on 5/23 and they just popped today (6/20). Less than a month for freebies I guess.

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

My CC freebie popped yesterday on day 37...logged 4/30

65 day bulk from 3/4 still going on day 79

• Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

I can understand $8 bulk orders not being a priority, but my Express order (estimated 8 days) just past 10 days. You would think they would take $75 a card a little more seriously.

Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2019 6:05PM

@PlayBall said:
    I can understand $8 bulk orders not being a priority, but my Express order (estimated 8 days) just past 10 days. You would think they would take $75 a card a little more seriously.

My express logged 6/6 just popped today...yours will almost certainly be ready tomorrow.

• Options

Mine also logged 6/6. Hope it's worth the wait.

Bernie Carlen

• Options
    WalkinDudeWalkinDude Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:
    I have a order that was posted on April 11th, 2019.
    It was a regular 25 business day submission for 3 crossover cards.
    It has now been 43 business days and nothing yet.
    waiting, waiting and more waiting

6/21/2019 - I'm on business day 51 on a regular 25 day order. Not sure why it's taking so long.

Patrick

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:

@WalkinDude said:

6/21/2019 - I'm on business day 51 on a regular 25 day order. Not sure why it's taking so long.

Have you reached out to ask?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:

@WalkinDude said:

@WalkinDude said:

I call every couple days and they say it's taking longer and they'll send a reminder note to the supervisors. In my opinion, all the calls to customer service do no good.

Patrick

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:

@DBesse27 said:

@WalkinDude said:

@WalkinDude said:

I call every couple days and they say it's taking longer and they'll send a reminder note to the supervisors. In my opinion, all the calls to customer service do no good.

Sounds very familiar, lol. If it goes a few more days, maybe reach out to Steve Sloan directly?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:

@WalkinDude said:

@DBesse27 said:

@WalkinDude said:

@WalkinDude said:

Sounds very familiar, lol. If it goes a few more days, maybe reach out to Steve Sloan directly?

Yeh, I'll see what happens next week. That's a good idea about contacting Steve Sloan. Thanks.

Patrick

• Options
    kimo75kimo75 Posts: 263 ✭✭

I called yesterday on my 65 day submission that was logged 3/1. I was told to expect 85+ and if it went over 85 they would issue a voucher for the trouble. I was also told they would “flag” the order so the graders would know it was behind schedule.

• Options

Haha, yet their estimated turnaround time for bulk subs is listed as 67 days as I type.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2019 8:10AM

Order = Express Dual Grading 4 x Hank Aaron Autographed Raw Rookie Cards

Timeline =
    5/13/2019 - Shipped from East Coast
    5/16/2019 - Signed for by PSA
    5/22/2019 - Logged
    6/13/2019 - Popped
    6/14/2019 - Shipped back to East Coast
    6/17/2019 - Delivered back to East Coast

Express dual service is advertised at 20 business days. From log to pop, it took 16 business days, so above average in terms of turn around time performance. If you factor in the date the cards were signed for by PSA to pop, then it was exactly 20 business days.

Results listed below. All 4 cards were "crack outs" that I had Hank auto via a private signing a few months back. Original grades were =

SGC 5 crossed to PSA 4
    SGC 3.5 crossed to PSA 3
    PSA 2 crossed to PSA 1.5
    PSA 1.5 crossed to PSA 1.5

Scans below =

• Options

Those Aaron’s are awesome.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@kimo75 said:
    Those Aaron’s are awesome.

Ty sir

• Options

As of today both of my submissions are in “grading” status. Now I’m checking every ten minutes. Lol

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

My cellos packs took 4 months for grades to pop. Still waiting on them to arrive.

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the new real time status updates for submissions on the My Orders page.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Does anyone know once it hits grading status how long it may be until grades are online ?

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I got two 15 card CC orders there that were entered on 6-6 and a 2 card Regular service order entered on 6-5.

One of my 15 card CC orders grades popped last night and it was a mixed result but 14 business days was great. My other 15 card CC order is past the grading and now at the assembly stage,hopefully the grades pop tonight. My 2 card order is currently grading so hopefully those pop tonight too.
    The turnaround time on these if shipped within a day or two would be outstanding imho.

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

@kimo75 said:
    Does anyone know once it hits grading status how long it may be until grades are online ?

I am into the "Assembly" part of the process, but I do not believe my grade is online. Hard to say. It was a Pop 0 when submitted. A pop 1 PSA 8 showed up a couple months ago. I figured it was just bad luck and someone else submitted the same item. I guess I should know in a week or two (or maybe less).

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options

I don’t think your cards show up in the pop report until the day after you’ve been notified of grades being ready

• Options

@PaulMaul said:

@PlayBall said:

My express logged 6/6 just popped today...yours will almost certainly be ready tomorrow.

Well, "tomorrow" wound up being 7 more days. And the grades were brutal. :(

Anyway, I have a bulk submission received on 4/24, that is in the assembly phase, but my bulk submissions from 3/9, 3/11, and 3/12 are still in the grading phase. No rhyme or reason.

Bernie Carlen

• Options

I’m starting to think that the grading phase may not necessarily mean they are actually being graded at this time. Just a general milestone.

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice a lot of " Min size requirements" coming back ?

Jeff

• Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

logged 2/8...day 99....in "grading" now.

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options

Welp, day 89 on my 65 day from 3/4. Another promised pop date passed and gone.

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Recently, PSA started showing which step along the process your submission is in. I like this feature. See picture for a current example of mine. Does anyone have an idea about relative time of each step?

Step 1: receive and review
    Step 2: log
    Step 3: research
    Step 4: grade
    Step 5: label and seal
    Step 6: grade review
    Step 7: label and holder review
    Step 8: ship

I imagine steps 2-4 would typically take the majority of the time (~70%?).
    So then in my example, I’m at step 5, seems like the rest would go pretty quickly.

Any ideas?

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

94 Business days and counting on a CC Cross over. 3 phone calls and..... Anyone top being 69 days past promised turnaround time? Starting to worry it’s lost.

Kevin

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tecmo Boil said:
    Recently, PSA started showing which step along the process your submission is in. I like this feature. See picture for a current example of mine. Does anyone have an idea about relative time of each step?

Step 1: receive and review
    Step 2: log
    Step 3: research
    Step 4: grade
    Step 5: label and seal
    Step 6: grade review
    Step 7: label and holder review
    Step 8: ship

I imagine steps 2-4 would typically take the majority of the time (~70%?).
    So then in my example, I’m at step 5, seems like the rest would go pretty quickly.

Any ideas?

I've been in Assembly since last Monday, but it seems 2-3 biz days is normal. QA1/QA2 usually complete in a day from what has been posted so far. Others are going to take more comments on how long between steps. I have one in Research so when it moves to Grading I'll be able to capture that duration.

• Options

I’m at 89 business days on my 65 day sub. I’ve been told to call when complete and they’ll issue a voucher. Wouldn’t it be better to just come close to meeting the expected times?

• Options
    TerwinTerwin Posts: 70 ✭✭

I've got a 25 day submission which is on day 68. I just called and was told that it would probably be another 3 weeks. I asked about the estimated turnaround times (37 days for a 25 day sub) and she says she has no idea where they get those numbers from and 80 days is more normal for a 25 day sub. WOW!

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

these numbers are crazy -- if not unacceptable...sending in cards and not having them come back for 5 to 6 months is a very hard pill to swallow...some changes have to be made, and it seems the obvious answer is to hire more qualified graders...

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW thanks for the updates guys. I have a stack of 15 ready for a CC renewal sub and 47 trying to get to 50 but I see I don't need to be in a rush.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    69 days past promised turnaround time

Whaaaaaaaaaaattttttt!?!

Andy

• Options

@Kep13 said:
    these numbers are crazy -- if not unacceptable...sending in cards and not having them come back for 5 to 6 months is a very hard pill to swallow...some changes have to be made, and it seems the obvious answer is to hire more qualified graders...

Agreed. It’s become almost laughable. And if they offer everyone that goes over the estimates a voucher, how is that sustainable from a business standpoint?

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

@Terwin said:
    I've got a 25 day submission which is on day 68. I just called and was told that it would probably be another 3 weeks. I asked about the estimated turnaround times (37 days for a 25 day sub) and she says she has no idea where they get those numbers from and 80 days is more normal for a 25 day sub. WOW!

Did you have a lot of oddball items that may have required a bit of research?

• Options

With the National only a few weeks away those estimates are only going to get worse when you think about it.

• Options
    TerwinTerwin Posts: 70 ✭✭

@Tecmo Boil said:

@Terwin said:

Did you have a lot of oddball items that may have required a bit of research?

No, as a matter of fact it's a review order so the first 3 steps are not even necessary.

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:

@LOTSOS said:
    69 days past promised turnaround time

Whaaaaaaaaaaattttttt!?!

Best part Andy is it went in with 14 other cards that were raw. They popped in about 20 days if I recall correctly. Like I said. Really starting to get worried it’s lost.

Kevin

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:
    Anyone else notice a lot of " Min size requirements" coming back ?

Jeff

Better than N1: EOT, just got my first two.

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

My CC renewal sub was logged on 6/14, and grades popped today along with cards being shipped! What a pleasant surprise!
    And was happy with the grades.
    Hope you guys don't have to wait much longer.

• Options

They emailed me back today (in less than one day vs 6 last time...nice change) staying that the collectors club specials are now pushing 95 days. I’m at 89.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2019 1:27PM

@erikthredd said:
    With the National only a few weeks away those estimates are only going to get worse when you think about it.

Yes and they took 4 days off for the fourth of July. I am all for people getting much needed time off but being down for 4 days won't help. Then you throw in a week off for the National and it will only get worse at least short term.

• Options

@ElvisP said:

@erikthredd said:

Yes and they took 4 days off for the fourth of July. I am all for people getting much needed time off but being down for 4 days won't help. Then you throw in a week off for the National and it will only get worse at least short term.

Technically they only took off two days,thursday the 4th & friday the 5th and in my opinion that really isn't a big deal especially when I took the same two days off myself.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2019 2:23PM
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

I've been in Assembly since last Monday, but it seems 2-3 biz days is normal. QA1/QA2 usually complete in a day from what has been posted so far.

I was in Assembly for 7 business days, but this could have been longer because I was already in assembly when the additional detail went live. Note, however, that this is for a wax pack.

I did go through QA1 today and am presently sitting in QA2. Would be great to see that finished today or tomorrow.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@esquiresports said:

@LarkinCollector said:

I've been in Assembly since last Monday, but it seems 2-3 biz days is normal. QA1/QA2 usually complete in a day from what has been posted so far.

I was in Assembly for 7 business days, but this could have been longer because I was already in assembly when the additional detail went live. Note, however, that this is for a wax pack.

I did go through QA1 today and am presently sitting in QA2. Would be great to see that finished today or tomorrow.

I'm in same boat with my own pack sub. Looking forward to it!

Scott, is this pack the 68 OPC pack you bought?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.