Home Precious Metals

Show me a cool silver round!

WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love mining theme bullion. This is one of my favorites.

Show me one of your neatest silver rounds!

Comments

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

Recently issued, but one of my favorite ones.

I like that one! Thanks for sharing.

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2019 6:06PM

I'll post a few pictures of American Girl Mining silver rounds, BUT someone has to tell me something about them :)
    I have 3 varieties, a couple extras and they all have the same reverse.

Google ain't got a clue. When I search....comes up with 14,000,000 american girl doll items >:)

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

These are all one sided toners.

@blue62vette Those are great rounds! I didn't know they existed. Thanks for sharing.

@Timbuk3 said:
    :) !!!

:smiley: !!!

@Downtown1974, Thanks for posting! I'll have to add a DC piece myself as the head progresses!

@MattTheRiley said:
    It's not ROUND, but you get the idea.

Nice one! Round enough for me!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rte592 said:
    I'll post a few pictures of American Girl Mining silver rounds, BUT someone has to tell me something about them :)
    Google ain't got a clue.

Do not know if this is the same company that makes the rounds. The name “American Girl Mining” is not trademarked so there are multiple uses.

—————
    American Girl Mining & Exploration LLC is a California Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed on February 7, 2014. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 201404210204.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Robert W Petersen and is located at 17522 Lyons Valley Rd, Jamul, CA 91935. The company's principal address is 17522 Lyons Valley Rd, Jamul, CA 91935 and its mailing address is 17522 Lyons Valley Rd, Jamul, CA 91935.

The company has 2 principals on record. The principals are Glynis J Snowden from Jamul CA and Robert W Petersen from Jamul CA.
    —————

Underwater dredging is one of my favorite things to do. Just a total new world down there with a mask on. When your in good gold you can see it underwater. You can pull silt off and see it hanging back, then move the nosel closer and watch ithe gold get sucked up.

Naturally, I had to have this one when I saw it.

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@rte592 said:
    Google ain't got a clue.

Do not know if this is the same company that makes the rounds. The name “American Girl Mining” is not trademarked so there are multiple uses.

—————
    American Girl Mining & Exploration LLC is a California Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed on February 7, 2014. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 201404210204.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Robert W Petersen and is located at 17522 Lyons Valley Rd, Jamul, CA 91935. The company's principal address is 17522 Lyons Valley Rd, Jamul, CA 91935 and its mailing address is 17522 Lyons Valley Rd, Jamul, CA 91935.

The company has 2 principals on record. The principals are Glynis J Snowden from Jamul CA and Robert W Petersen from Jamul CA.
    —————

Here is some info that I ran across.
    American Girl mining Joint venture.

https://www.mindat.org/loc-296378.html

@rte592 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@rte592 said:
    Google ain't got a clue.

—————

—————

Here is some info that I ran across.
    American Girl mining Joint venture.

https://www.mindat.org/loc-296378.html

Interesting. Looks like it’s “closed” since it’s going through, “post-reclamation monitoring”

“Operations at all three mines were completed in late 1996, reclaimed in 1999, and are currently undergoing post-reclamation monitoring.”

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Round-ish :D

@asheland said:
    Round-ish :D

Nice one! Closer to a round than a bar, IMO! One could look at that and say "Nice Round" pretty easy and others know what your referring to. Thanks for posting!

Keep them coming everyone!

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Golden Dredger! Had a great time in Caliunicornia when it was legal until banned.
    :-(

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rte592 said:
    RIP
    Old Man

Those are cool, I actually have one, but it's raw...

Love’em all guys! Keep the parade going!

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the best kind.

When TSHTF you can break off quarters and use them as trade for food and stuff. :D

@topstuf said:
    This is the best kind.

When TSHTF you can break off quarters and use them as trade for food and stuff. :D

I haven't tried myself, but my buddy said those are harder to cut than they look! Thanks for posting!

@Meltdown said:
    photo 106E0121.jpg

I dig this one a lot. I haven't seen it before, it's pretty cool.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metalmeister.... I did not realize California banned gold dredging.... When I lived there, I used to help a friend.... he had a gallon jug filled with nuggets (this was in the mid-70's), the largest of which was the size of an egg...We lost contact when I left CA.... always wondered if he ever cashed it all in... He used to say it was for retirement... and he was in his fifties then...Cheers, RickO

• ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

This is the closest thing to a cool round that I've bought lately...

4 oz MK Barz

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • donjaludonjalu Posts: 64 ✭✭✭

Some interesting silver rounds in my collection:

Another round I like:

Silver Jubilee: Wallace Idaho 1958

Lasqueti Island Mint: BC, Canada

edited April 14, 2019 5:03PM

@massscrew said:
    Been putting together a set of the Privateer series of 2 ounce rounds..

Awesome details on both sides.

Edit to add: “No Prey No Pay”

@WildIdea said:
    I love mining theme bullion. This is one of my favorites.

Here are some of my mining theme bullion rounds:

This thread gets better every day!
    Thanks for posting everyone!

I’ll add a couple Wharf pieces today. Still am active mine around Spearfish and Lead. Canadian owened co I believe. One of my buddies works for Catapilar who owns and services the leased haul trucks at the mine. Says it’s a strip mine but they also re run Homestakes tailings over and over. Been around a while now.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

It certainly won't win best picture but this little guy should fit the bill.

It's all about what the people want...

edited April 16, 2019 5:47AM

@1630Boston said:
    One Troy Pound

How’d I miss troy pound of walking Ag! Wow!