Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I received my PCGS collection back yesterday

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've VERY happy to say I've received my entire PCGS collection yesterday. Whoa I've missed seeing these. There's no way I can properly thank PCGS and the crew for doing this for me, it is heaven sent. One of the darkest days of our lives with this very bright light in the mist of losing everything we owned I have been melted into a puddle of goo by you good folks with your generosity . With the help from PCGS and the crew, all of you good folks here on this forum with their contributions along with the well wishes and prayers not only do I have my entire collection reholdered and regraded with this new label I am bowled over by the all of you. You will find the very best people around coins and this beautiful forum that we all love is sure no exception.
So, now with my collection back and my new camera setup and firing correctly here are a few coins that I love and happy to see back. Of course I'll be showing my Buffs but this is the 1st of 7 boxes I've opened.
From the bottom of my heart I thank PCGS. Heather Boyd, David talk and Joe Pielago I want to personally thank for standing with me through this mess that my family went through and for this VERY generous gift of reholdering my entire collection and the beautiful label the Jack at PCGS so graciously created with me I will remember for the rest of my life. These are the finest good folks you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting if you are so lucky.
Jim Bowling and Paradisefound are true angels and I can testify to that. I am so VERY lucky to have good friends such as this in my life.
Thank you ALL sooooo much. Joe <3

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the label, but is that a hound dog?

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins! Glad you have them back. :)

Great job PCGS! :)

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 3:16PM

Way to go; glad something nice happened and hats off to PCGS.
    That's a great looking label. :)

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious.....did the heat of the fire affect the coins in the way of toning?

Glad you are reunited.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way cool - the whole effort, coins, and I love the label. That makes the extremely special in my opinion. Enjoy having your collection back.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! That 1913 2 1/2 is over the top in toning!!! Any upgrades/downgrades or just a straight reholder? So other than the holder there was no damage to your beautiful coins? That label is fantastic too!!

Way to go PCGS!!!!

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff PCGS!

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see some happiness returning to your lives. Bless all those who were able to help economically or with kind words and deeds.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing people came together for a very worthy cause. Thank you everyone !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Like it never even happened....heartfelt congrats!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great ray of sunshine and goodness this is.... after such a horrible disaster, some good news..... Thanks for showing us some of your great coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Great news! And great looking coins!

Got another old jeweler's safe to protect them? ;)

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe,
    You can't imagine how happy we are for you at this moment. I know you haven't had a lot of joy in the last 1/2 year, but I can feel your happiness through these coins. So glad, congratulations and what a great group of people at PCGS and at this board.
    Enjoy yourself.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

SO awesome

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news!
    The label is super as already mentioned in another thread, and what PCGS did here is awesome.
    Waiting to see those hot buff's and might I add these fabulous examples shown so far above and yet to be shown are practically to die for, no pun intended.

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 4:31PM

This is great indeed! I can’t wait to see more of these coins!

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

We daresay some of those might look better than before?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad there is at least some silver lining in all the clouds!! Beautiful coins, BTW. ..

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can not thank you all enough ❤️

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

😊 I am very happy for you Joe.

A tip of the hat to PCGS.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

So happy that the tide is turning for you! Those new labels are out of this world!

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful!

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, Joe!

Beautiful coins, and such a heartwarming story of what happens when a group of good people come together to help a man and his family in a time of need!

So glad you and your family are back on your feet and heading towards better times!

All the best,
    Dave

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy time! I bet you’re like a kid on Christmas morn opening those boxes. So happy for you!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet as!

(I wonder what the current record is for "likes" on an initial post. I reckon you'll collect a fair few on this one...)

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Great job PCGS! I am glad you had a "real" safe and are now able to enjoy your collection again.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job PCGS. WTG Joe. Love that Walker!

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although it took an extremely difficult and sad event to start, this was an amazing effort by PCGS and the forum members. I'm glad you have been reunited with your collection and I look forward to seeing more of it soon!

• Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!

Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to hear!!! Beautiful coins.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! So glad you were able to get your collection back. And a big thank you to PCGS for its role in all of this.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Joe.

Those images are really great. So very happy for you!😎😎😎

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 15 year-old, who rolls his eyes at all things coins, even thinks this is a cool story!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

So Very Cool...Love is all we got ;)

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 11:33PM

Just LOVE my friend and let's look up for some SUPER UBER NTs in the CHD holder B)<3:p

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

That speaks volumes for the folks at PCGS.

@crazyhounddog I'm glad you were able to get most of your coins back and regraded. A bit of a happy ending to very sad and traumatic event.

Wishing you and your family the best.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that toned gold!

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Humanity can shine brightly.

Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights