Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1993 Topps Finest Box Group Rip ?

Any possibility of this ? (move to buy board as required - but much funner here if it happens. More interested in a cool thread than dinero.. not Robert,, although Robert Di Nero is one of the coolest. If expecting Robert Di Nero to now get in on this, don't)

42 bucks a pack dlvd. Those in must rip and post results, with scans/pics on this here thread on a designated day in Jan.

I have NOT licked the box. The packs would be randomly sorted. Lotsos/Larkin, or whoever else swine vermin living in this Phx metro area can open the sealed box and place in pre-postaged/addressed bubbles mailers if ya would prefer that. I'd have to pay whichever the 10 bucks an hour they charge for 'other' things though.

Any interest ? 42 dlvd a pack.

Comments

• flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Sounds like fun - count me in.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will take one.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018 9:08PM

I’m in...for 2

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

I would be in for two packs.

Robb

• magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

B)

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

CU group break? Can never turn one of these down. I am in for 2 packs.

As an FYI I think I am still opening 83 and 85 packs from our National break trying to find a few more MC (miscut) cards to finish my complete set :) Sending all of my doubles to Mike(Stone) for safe storage!

KC

I will take a 2nd to help make this happen.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill take 2.

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will take two as well.

• I'll take one

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take one! Thanks for making it happen.

Daniel

Paid. Thanks much!!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck to all. Nice to see "modern" getting some love.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Payment sent, thanks BALROG!

@magicpapa How's it going man? Nice to see you here. Is that how much packs cost in 1993? Did you pull those Griffeys yourself?

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

paid. Thanks for offering this.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

@RiceBondsMntna2Young said:
    Payment sent, thanks BALROG!

@magicpapa How's it going man? Nice to see you here. Is that how much packs cost in 1993? Did you pull those Griffeys yourself?

yup thoses packs were bought in 93, price prolly spiked up a bit after they came out to that price
    ("Cards were issued in seven-card foil fin-wrapped packs that carried a suggested retail price of $3.99. The product was a smashing success upon release with pack prices immediately soaring well above the $20/pack point. The popularity of the product has continued to grow throughout the years as it's place in hobby lore is now well solidified.")

naw hadda buy the refractor about 300$ I believe :D , but did pull the Base card

Just paid. Thanks for running this.

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just paid as well.

• @magicpapa said:

yup thoses packs were bought in 93, price prolly spiked up a bit after they came out to that price
    ("Cards were issued in seven-card foil fin-wrapped packs that carried a suggested retail price of $3.99. The product was a smashing success upon release with pack prices immediately soaring well above the $20/pack point. The popularity of the product has continued to grow throughout the years as it's place in hobby lore is now well solidified.")

naw hadda buy the refractor about 300$ I believe :D , but did pull the Base card

Lol, well curse you anyway for getting into the 90s insert game before everything went bonkers. :P I don't think I'll ever be able to justify a Barry Bonds 98 Essential Credentials or Crusades at current market.

As for 93 Finest, if a pack cost upwards of $20 in 1993, that's upwards of $34.75 a pack today. Not a very good investment if you waited even a month to purchase cases to resell 25 years later. As a kid in '93, $4 was a stretch to say the least. $20 was out of the question!

This could very well be the only pack of 93 Finest I'll ever get to open. What a treat, thanks OP!

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paid this evening. Thank you again for doing this.

KC

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paid up! I am not a modern collector but excited to do a group rip. This is taking me back to when I joined CU around 2012 or so and those mid-late Topps packs were affordable. Thanks for doing this, Kevin.

Daniel
  • ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had gotten in on this. Good luck to all on some nice pulls. If anyone pulls a Greenwell, let me know.

Andy

Andy

@BALROG said:
    Ok. so she sat down and started quoting the recent Cadillac commercial:

Look but don’t Touch

Touch but don’t Use

Use but don’t Enjoy

Enjoy but don’t Show I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhjIoDC7Pg

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

Payment for two packs sent.

Robb

I remember these packs going for as high as $25.00 in 93/94. Just a friendly suggestion: Maybe Mr. Balrog should be awarded the Jumbo card for his organizing efforts of the break. Looking forward to the posted hits.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time out. I'm calling BS on this break. There is no way that those wonderful, beautiful, delicate hands belong to your wife. Sorry brah. No way you married a hand model.. With your personality and looks I figured this was more likely.

Kevin

Balrog the jumbo is yours for sure - you did all the work and provided the box.

@BALROG said:

@han_soto said:
    read post above, boo.

im burning atleast one card tomorrow on the fiesta

Hand,, serious.. no paypal or PM with actual address received. I'll fry the pack for ya if ya want though. Would be weird though and I have not EVER done anything weird here.

BlueJay.,,, that jumbo is like sitting right here so I award myself it, I think, It didn't come in to play on this. You want it ?

Thanks for the offer on the Jumbo. In all fairness it should go to one of the pack purchasers or yourself. You guys have skin in the game whereas I do not. Maybe a random name pick would suffice in awarding the Jumbo card.

• flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019 11:30AM

Thanks for organizing.....I was a poor college student who never sniffed 93 Finest let alone opened a pack.

My first (and only) pack of 93 Finest yielded: Olerud - Mitchell - Ben McDonald - Gooden AS - Welch - Smoltz - and Tartabull

Pretty eclectic group of guys with a HoF'er, two cokeheads, and one of the 36 players who have played for the Mets, Yankees, and Red Sox at some point in their career. (Yes, 36 - imagine that!)

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store

Here is my first pack.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whole lotta Smoltz going on.

Well the 2nd pack had 8 cards.

What do you look for in terms of "worth grading" on these??

• Just the green cards??
    • only if its super nice centered and the rest are "meh" ??

I've never ripped or collected any of these.

Thanks. Chris.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    What do you look for in terms of "worth grading" on these??

• Just the green cards??
    • only if its super nice centered and the rest are "meh" ??

I've never ripped or collected any of these.

Thanks. Chris.

Just doing a quick check of the first page of PSA Auction Prices, pretty much any refractor is worth submitting, for base: most 9s are a net loss to maybe making a buck or two, several 10s might only go for ~$20, Brett (and I'm guessing other HOFers) in a 10 do pretty well @ ~$70.

@LarkinCollector - Thanks!! I also did some snooping around PWCC auction archives. Definitely some cool cards rip!!