1993 Topps Finest Box Group Rip ?

Any possibility of this ? (move to buy board as required - but much funner here if it happens. More interested in a cool thread than dinero.. not Robert,, although Robert Di Nero is one of the coolest. If expecting Robert Di Nero to now get in on this, don't)

42 bucks a pack dlvd. Those in must rip and post results, with scans/pics on this here thread on a designated day in Jan.


I have NOT licked the box. The packs would be randomly sorted. Lotsos/Larkin, or whoever else swine vermin living in this Phx metro area can open the sealed box and place in pre-postaged/addressed bubbles mailers if ya would prefer that. I'd have to pay whichever the 10 bucks an hour they charge for 'other' things though.

Any interest ? 42 dlvd a pack.

«1

Comments

  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

    Sounds like fun - count me in.

    [email protected]

    Longtime Set Builder

    Wantlists and Tradelists on my Site:

    http://flcardtrader.16mb.com

    Let's Trade!
  • han_sotohan_soto Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

    I hate you.

    Count me in on atleast one.

    “california’s made more mistakes than yogi berra reciting shakespeare”

  • brad31brad31 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

    I will take one.

  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018 8:08PM

    I’m in...for 2



    Thanks,

    David (LD_Ferg)



    1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

    I would be in for two packs.

    Robb

  • B)

  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    7 down along with a MagicPapa post of glorious older pricing !

    11 to go. (I better not keep any myself cuz if I ended up with the Refractor, there could be a lynching)

    Will let this ride out here till whenever.

  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭

    CU group break? Can never turn one of these down. I am in for 2 packs.

    As an FYI I think I am still opening 83 and 85 packs from our National break trying to find a few more MC (miscut) cards to finish my complete set :) Sending all of my doubles to Mike(Stone) for safe storage!

    KC

  • I’ll take 2. Tried to get this together with @sdub and others at the National, but it didn’t work out.

  • brad31brad31 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

    I will take a 2nd to help make this happen.

  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

    Ill take 2.

  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭

    I will take two as well.

  • I'll take one

  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭

    I'll take one! Thanks for making it happen.

    Daniel
  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    Baltimore: 1
    Rice 1
    JB 2
    Uff 2
    brad 2
    linux 2
    kendall 2
    fergie 2
    ld 2
    han 1
    flcard 1

    18 packs gone. Will PM over a paypal address at some point today and please reply back there with your name/address. Will ship out tomorrow for sure if all fine. I'll post pics later today after football or early early in the morning of the randomizing (which my wife who knows nothing will take part in :) )

  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    OK, I believe all have a PM now. As mentioned will be back on this later this evening or early morning with pics etc. The packs WILL go out tomorrow for all replied on PM. Straight up 42 for 1 84 for 2 packs.

    With Tuesday being a holiday, no mail moving. Thinking all should have by Saturday. If possible to break and post Sunday, that would be cool :) Understood though this may not work for all.
    !

  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

    Paid. Thanks much!!

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭✭

    Best of luck to all. Nice to see "modern" getting some love.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit
  • Payment sent, thanks BALROG!

    @magicpapa How's it going man? Nice to see you here. Is that how much packs cost in 1993? Did you pull those Griffeys yourself?

  • Paid! Thanks for doing this.

  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

    paid. Thanks for offering this.



    Thanks,

    David (LD_Ferg)



    1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • @RiceBondsMntna2Young said:
    Payment sent, thanks BALROG!

    @magicpapa How's it going man? Nice to see you here. Is that how much packs cost in 1993? Did you pull those Griffeys yourself?

    yup thoses packs were bought in 93, price prolly spiked up a bit after they came out to that price
    ("Cards were issued in seven-card foil fin-wrapped packs that carried a suggested retail price of $3.99. The product was a smashing success upon release with pack prices immediately soaring well above the $20/pack point. The popularity of the product has continued to grow throughout the years as it's place in hobby lore is now well solidified.")

    naw hadda buy the refractor about 300$ I believe :D , but did pull the Base card

  • brad31brad31 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

    Just paid. Thanks for running this.

  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭

    Just paid as well.

  • @magicpapa said:

    yup thoses packs were bought in 93, price prolly spiked up a bit after they came out to that price
    ("Cards were issued in seven-card foil fin-wrapped packs that carried a suggested retail price of $3.99. The product was a smashing success upon release with pack prices immediately soaring well above the $20/pack point. The popularity of the product has continued to grow throughout the years as it's place in hobby lore is now well solidified.")

    naw hadda buy the refractor about 300$ I believe :D , but did pull the Base card

    Lol, well curse you anyway for getting into the 90s insert game before everything went bonkers. :P I don't think I'll ever be able to justify a Barry Bonds 98 Essential Credentials or Crusades at current market.

    As for 93 Finest, if a pack cost upwards of $20 in 1993, that's upwards of $34.75 a pack today. Not a very good investment if you waited even a month to purchase cases to resell 25 years later. As a kid in '93, $4 was a stretch to say the least. $20 was out of the question!

    This could very well be the only pack of 93 Finest I'll ever get to open. What a treat, thanks OP!

  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭

    Paid this evening. Thank you again for doing this.

    KC

  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    Thank you for those who already took care of business. Those left please do the paypal F/F thing.. am losing some cash the other way :)

    So without a video capability, here's the rip and randomizing so far.


    .

    .

    .
    Mixed around -

    and shortly, as promised, my wife will further randomize (once I can get her attention) ALL packs will be shipped today from the Phoenix area. Will PM over scans of the package with the tracking number.

  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭

    Paid up! I am not a modern collector but excited to do a group rip. This is taking me back to when I joined CU around 2012 or so and those mid-late Topps packs were affordable. Thanks for doing this, Kevin.

    Daniel
  • ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 305 ✭✭✭

    I wish I had gotten in on this. Good luck to all on some nice pulls. If anyone pulls a Greenwell, let me know.

    Andy

  • han_sotohan_soto Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018 6:32AM

    paid. request mine to be opened. and i will choose who & what style of execution tomorrow.

    my wifes bday is actually today. and will definitely be hungover, so a slow burn will most probably be in order.

    “california’s made more mistakes than yogi berra reciting shakespeare”

  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    Ok. so she sat down and started quoting the recent Cadillac commercial:

    Look but don’t Touch

    Touch but don’t Use

    Use but don’t Enjoy

    Enjoy but don’t Show It


    .

    .

    .

  • han_sotohan_soto Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

    now we talkin

    “california’s made more mistakes than yogi berra reciting shakespeare”

  • @BALROG said:
    Ok. so she sat down and started quoting the recent Cadillac commercial:

    Look but don’t Touch

    Touch but don’t Use

    Use but don’t Enjoy

    Enjoy but don’t Show I

  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

    Payment for two packs sent.

    Robb

  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    @han_soto said:
    paid. request mine to be opened. and i will choose who & what style of execution tomorrow.

    my wifes bday is actually today. and will definitely be hungover, so a slow burn will most probably be in order.

    yo Hand - need address. Didn't show up in paypal. I told your wife Happy Birthday last night.

    One other person pending. All others should now have a scan of the package tracking in the PM. Post office in an hour.

    May the New Year be Enjoyable for All !

  • han_sotohan_soto Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

    read post above, boo.

    im burning atleast one card tomorrow on the fiesta

    “california’s made more mistakes than yogi berra reciting shakespeare”

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭✭

    I remember these packs going for as high as $25.00 in 93/94. Just a friendly suggestion: Maybe Mr. Balrog should be awarded the Jumbo card for his organizing efforts of the break. Looking forward to the posted hits.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit
  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    @han_soto said:
    read post above, boo.

    im burning atleast one card tomorrow on the fiesta

    Hand,, serious.. no paypal or PM with actual address received. I'll fry the pack for ya if ya want though. Would be weird though and I have not EVER done anything weird here.

    BlueJay.,,, that jumbo is like sitting right here so I award myself it, I think, It didn't come in to play on this. You want it ?

  • LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭

    Time out. I'm calling BS on this break. There is no way that those wonderful, beautiful, delicate hands belong to your wife. Sorry brah. No way you married a hand model.. With your personality and looks I figured this was more likely.

    Kevin

  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    HAND SOLO HANDS !!!!!! finally get to see them. Excellent !!!!

    Hand Solo.. yerrr call

    (i honestly think he wants me to open and torch the pack/cards ??? - would need a confirmation from any acquaintance of his here please to do so).

    Hand Solo, I am NOT any form of stalking buttraper/ped/drugged/phobie or other. I understand if not wanting to provide an address in your condition though. I guarantee there are around 40 folks here who know mine, with some who spent time in the asylum with me. (ooops, wasn't supposed to... ) .

    Need not be freaked fraulein. I am only very whacked here. Elsewhere I wear panties on my head, used and soiled by the way, and surf buttholes ,

  • brad31brad31 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

    Balrog the jumbo is yours for sure - you did all the work and provided the box.

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭✭

    @BALROG said:

    @han_soto said:
    read post above, boo.

    im burning atleast one card tomorrow on the fiesta

    Hand,, serious.. no paypal or PM with actual address received. I'll fry the pack for ya if ya want though. Would be weird though and I have not EVER done anything weird here.

    BlueJay.,,, that jumbo is like sitting right here so I award myself it, I think, It didn't come in to play on this. You want it ?

    Thanks for the offer on the Jumbo. In all fairness it should go to one of the pack purchasers or yourself. You guys have skin in the game whereas I do not. Maybe a random name pick would suffice in awarding the Jumbo card.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit
  • I would've paid a few bucks more per pack to fund future grilling endeavors.

  • BALROGBALROG Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

    Gents.. confusion with one member who paid but hasn't provided an address. The dilemma is I was thinking he bought two. Still have two packs here and he only bought one. Thinkin' someone who bought two will only be receiving one. I will send the 2nd pack expedited shipping to the person who gets their package and got shorted. Sorry about this in advance :(

  • han_sotohan_soto Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2019 6:52AM

    @BALROG said:
    Gents.. confusion with one member who paid but hasn't provided an address. The dilemma is I was thinking he bought two. Still have two packs here and he only bought one. Thinkin' someone who bought two will only be receiving one. I will send the 2nd pack expedited shipping to the person who gets their package and got shorted. Sorry about this in advance :(

    drama queen,

    was new years eve.

    so to be crystal clear and if you dont mind:

    open my pack please.

    lets see what i got

    i would then like to have at least one card burned on the fiesta and one drowned.

    “california’s made more mistakes than yogi berra reciting shakespeare”

  • han_sotohan_soto Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

    @linuxabuser said:
    I would've paid a few bucks more per pack to fund future grilling endeavors.

    address officially sent.

    and see, looks like your selling self short on the fiesta experience.

    “california’s made more mistakes than yogi berra reciting shakespeare”

  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019 10:30AM

    Thanks for organizing.....I was a poor college student who never sniffed 93 Finest let alone opened a pack.

    My first (and only) pack of 93 Finest yielded: Olerud - Mitchell - Ben McDonald - Gooden AS - Welch - Smoltz - and Tartabull

    Pretty eclectic group of guys with a HoF'er, two cokeheads, and one of the 36 players who have played for the Mets, Yankees, and Red Sox at some point in their career. (Yes, 36 - imagine that!)

    [email protected]

    Longtime Set Builder

    Wantlists and Tradelists on my Site:

    http://flcardtrader.16mb.com

    Let's Trade!
  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

    Here is my first pack.

  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭✭

    Whole lotta Smoltz going on.

  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

    Well the 2nd pack had 8 cards.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.