Home U.S. Coin Forum

RIP Disagree Button (c. 2017- 2018)

Comments

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 5:27PM

It couldn't have happened to a nicer more disagreeable button!

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent move.

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 6:02PM

if you want those select few banned members back then PM PCGS or mr wills and see what can be done about that issue

• RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭

Well done PCGS! This Forum is a GREAT place to learn about numismatics and exchange information with other collectors. If folks want drama or "cool points" for statistics there are PLENTY of places within social media for that. THANK YOU to PCGS for the privilege of being here and THANK YOU to those here who like to talk coins. I am grateful for BOTH.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

An improvement indeed!

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:

@silverpop said:
    if you want those select few banned members back then PM PCGS or mr wills and see what can be done about that issue

Man I wish I could hit disagree on this. Leave the man alone!

Agree. I think DW was annoyed that people were dragging him into the fray. I don't think he cares what happens with the boards unless someone takes a shot (metaphorical) at him or PCGS.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 9:19PM

Looks like the got rid of the Spam flag count too, the only column I had a zero on. Oily racked up my disagrees, but my abuse flag count stayed low. I'm thinking some of that was self-abuse...

No worries on getting rid of the disagree option.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I felt LIBERATED <3

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess this calls for another big "group hug" !!! ;)

Timbuk3
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silverpop said:

Disagree. Making pcgs spend more time on moderating this forum is a good way to lose the forum. Let the banned miscreants plead their own case.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@silverpop said:

Disagree. Making pcgs spend more time on moderating this forum is a good way to lose the forum. Let the banned miscreants plead their own case.

I wouldn't call them miscreants at all. They broke no rules.

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2018 3:40AM

What I miss? Who got the boot this weekend, and why? I don't have the time to read those marathon posts, lol.

And FWIW, I wont miss the little button on the bottom either, as I can count on one hand the amount of times I have used it.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a shame the actions of a couple of posters let to the ouster of some otherwise valued members of the board. It seems civility and self-control are at a premium recently.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@silverpop said:

I wouldn't call them miscreants at all. They broke no rules.

I disagree. As, apparently, does PCGS. Several of them started flagging everything O2O said. O2O was equally bad, but they escalated even the most minor thing he said. And some of it was outright bullying. When O2O got into a spat with one of our own, the other people jumped in and started flagging him when they were not originally involved. O2O took it to a whole new level, but the behavior of our fallen colleagues is NOT beyond reproach.

For the record, I wouldn't have banned them. But they were not on their best behavior.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Care, not. Life, get.

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

@Timbuk3 said:
    I guess this calls for another big "group hug" !!! ;)

I think you need to label these so we know who is who on this forum! :D

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty embarrassing that they had to remove those buttons, as useless as they were.
    We are being treated like children because that's what was deserved.

They were weaponized by immature people when 99% of the members here did not use them.

Some great contributors, who are now on sabbatical, took the bait hook line and sinker and made it their job and were consumed by a couple of buttons when they could have just ignored it.

Hopefully they'll be back.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fascinating, Profoundly fascinating. Pathetically.. profoundly.. fascinating :'(

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

What if someone like Oil comes back and hits LOL on every single post, but tells them, in his mind, they really mean "disagree". Will they all act like babies again?

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:
    What if someone like Oil comes back and hits LOL on every single post, but tells them, in his mind, they really mean "disagree". Will they all act like babies again?

"They" are banned, so doubtful. ;)

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2018 8:06AM

@cameonut2011 said:

@ms70 said:
    I vote we change the "Like" button to "Noice".

Where is the disagree button when you need it? >:)o:):D:'(

Something has been lost. The inevitable outliers of outrage have misused a useful function, and its usefulness is now lost.

Disagreeing ("click") with a troll validates his/her role in a conversation.
    You have just fed a troll.

Disagreeing with someone on a grading opinion does not.
    You have just challenged a numismatist to think.

How about a "disappointed" button :#
    Or a "Asking about the rare mint error you found in the Home Depot parking lot doesn't define you as hopeless; I'm just going to assume it's so" button. :p

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for the update pcgs, your awesome.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good move PCGS!

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good, opinions or discussions should not be considered up for others to bash. I frankly think it was silly. If you really disagree or if someone is providing bad data, then just reply with your take. Good call.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

i still dont get that promote button and the use of it. just saying

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    i still dont get that promote button and the use of it. just saying

Johnny you'll find it quite useful for your Twitter feed and Insta I'm sure B)

• coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2018 11:43AM

@SiriusBlack said:
    I never got a single one :(

all around collector of many fine things

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Noice observation :)

@FSF said:
    The disagree button appeared to make no sense. You're just asking for an antagonistic environment. Besides, it's completely lame for people to disagree without stating why, which would help with the quality of content on this forum. Of course that may also lead to too many tit for tat exchanges but I still believe the disagree button has no place in any forum.

• coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2018 12:18PM

all around collector of many fine things

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

How liberal.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2018 12:14PM

I was just thinking, there are about 5 people who would rather that button BURN IN HELL instead of rest in peace.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the expulsion of said buttons it should logically force more banter amongst the community members,as far as explaining your disagreements on a given topic. And to not "hide" behind a generic button. Hopefully any exchanges that may become "heated" will not result in further banning's to quality members herein. Let us accentuate what is good here and what can be learned. And show to all viewers what this forum can be.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if a certain beauty product used a meme like this they may have saved weeks of sleepless nights :smiley:

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2018 1:40PM

@FSF Re your post "There's probably a lot of, 'Boy, Member X gave me a whole bunch of likes so I should probably return the favor' and all that kind of thinking. I wish they would actually do away with it all but people rarely care what I think."
    I'd give you a "like" for that post, but what the heck, I won't get a "like" back from you, so why bother?? :):)

PS: So I gave you an "agree". :)

Mark

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bring them back! Bring them back! Bring them back!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    And everyone's accumulated disagrees went away, too. Noice!

that N word can only be used by @FSF I was just advised by legal.

This discussion has been closed.