Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2018 Topps Heritage

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

They printed almost 50% more this year, supply will outweigh demand...wait until this week when the West coast breakers start listing

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to say this with all due respect to Topps.... the regular edition cards are garbage. I hate the glossy feel of them and the design doesn't seem to change that much from year to year. I love the stock of the heritage as it feels more like the stock of the original Topps cards. I don't think I will buy any regular again unless they change the stock/design.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

Variations are where u shud be ... not base nonsense that is mass produced ...

• Options

I'm old and old school. While I like ripping this new stuff, I just can't get into it. Rip it and sell it. I send some Trout, Judge and Harper cards to be graded and keep most of the 10's. Heritage might get me to stay current, we'll see.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:49AM

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:49AM

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

wow, great pulls! That Trout is maybe a top 5 card in the entire product.

I can assure you that the increased production has only introduced more base cards and sp's into the mix all the other rare cards are just as rare.

I just found out that the case I was buying from and left later yielded an Othani auto....dang. I still did well. Retail has been terrible for me, even though I discovered that you can get BOGO blasters by using the coupon on the front without a Topps series one pack. Maybe it was a glitch.

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I'm getting nothing but base on base cards and dumb relics. Seems it's harder to pull good cards. Big waste of money on my end so far

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

I love Heritage, which is the only modern baseball I like, but other than maybe a couple of hanger boxes just for fun, I'm not buying any hobby. I can't justify the price, just for the Ohtani chase. I may just buy the base set for less than half of the price of a box and move on. I love seeing what you guys are pulling, though. :)

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx Robert.

Mike
  • Options

I remember when JoeStalin used to be a member - I'm going back over a decade and every year Heritage was one of the highlights.

The bulk of the people participating in an ongoing thread were doing the set + SPs and some doing the chrome subset.

Was a lot of fun and the "buzz" was palpable.

That's gone and the set is way too complicated to follow - not even sure what would constitutes a "complete" set?

Mike
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Yeah I miss that JoeStalin guy B) . I think most Heritage collectors still consider a master set to be the base set including SP's and the 4-5 main insert sets (New Age, Then Now, News and Baseball Flashbacks, and occasionally a fifth (non-rare) insert set like Memorable Moments)

• Options

It takes time for dust to settle b4 a set distinguishes itself ...

• Options

More blaster fun...

• Options

Really nice pull on the Carew!

Sorry - don't remember your first name.

Looks like his sig has gotten really shaky? Unfortunately, essential tremors is common with old age - I have it - tho not as pronounced as his.

Still - he signed it and it's a keeper!

Mike
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2018 2:43PM

@Knopfler said:
    Yeah I miss that JoeStalin guy B) . I think most Heritage collectors still consider a master set to be the base set including SP's and the 4-5 main insert sets (New Age, Then Now, News and Baseball Flashbacks, and occasionally a fifth (non-rare) insert set like Memorable Moments)

When the new format was started, it allowed banned members to come on and read their old PM's - I got this from Kevin.

Let's just say that things could get "lively" with Kevin on the boards. I miss him and guys like that - CdNuts comes to mind also.

Mike
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2018 7:56PM

Knopfler, Nice hits !

Mike I noticed that Carew had a shaky signature on another auto someone pulled this year. Still a nice card. Hell getting old isn't it? It seems since I retired that more of my time is spent on doctor visits than anything else.

Kevin is still around I'm quite sure.

Take care,
    Dave

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2018 8:26AM

Totally cleaned out the new shipment of Heritage at Target tonight. Biggest hit was a Verlander ssp traded. Some weak jersey cards and very little on chrome or chrome refractors. Last weeks haul at Target was much better. Still, I have over half the high number sp set. As far as the high number sp's go, I think #400 Gomez is not so much of an sp at all as I think I have 5 or 6 of those.

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

I am very new to modern, usually buy a couple blasters a year from Target but was told that was throwing away money. So this year I bought 3 retail boxes of Heritage and it was like buying 3 boxes of hot garbage. not color varations, no ssp's ( that I am aware of) no autos, 2 weak relics. I didn't know there was a difference between hobby and retail. ughh $300 bucks down the drain.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    As far as the high number sp's go, I think #400 Gomez is not so much of an sp at all as I think I have 5 or 6 of those.

Pretty sure SPs start at #401 this year.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    As far as the high number sp's go, I think #400 Gomez is not so much of an sp at all as I think I have 5 or 6 of those.

Yep, 100 SP's...#'s 401-500.

• Options

@OAKESY25 said:
    I am very new to modern, usually buy a couple blasters a year from Target but was told that was throwing away money. So this year I bought 3 retail boxes of Heritage and it was like buying 3 boxes of hot garbage. not color varations, no ssp's ( that I am aware of) no autos, 2 weak relics. I didn't know there was a difference between hobby and retail. ughh $300 bucks down the drain.

In my opinion...hobby>blasters>hangers>retail boxes/packs. However, with hobby seemingly underprinted and thus way overpriced this year, blasters seem like the best value.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Ahhhhh, good point. No wonder I have so many of the #400. Thanks for the info!!

• Options

@magellan said:
    Knopfler, Nice hits !

Mike I noticed that Carew had a shaky signature on another auto someone pulled this year. Still a nice card. Hell getting old isn't it? It seems since I retired that more of my time is spent on doctor visits than anything else.

Kevin is still around I'm quite sure.

Take care,
    Dave

Old age? You bet!

Yes, Kevin can be seen, just not the same as seeing the JoeStalin icon.

Mike
  • Options

Got this from Topps NOW...

I'm sure when the smoke clears? There just may be less of these than any other? Excluding special SP's of course.

Mike
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2018 9:08PM

are the autographs on the deckle edged cards authentic or a photo copy?
    got a kris bryant but my luck its a copy....busted one hobby box so far...meh..just a game used everyday player
    thanks guys

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seebelow said:
    are the autographs on the deckle edged cards authentic or a photo copy?
    got a kris bryant but my luck its a copy....busted one hobby box so far...meh..just a game used everyday player
    thanks guys

they are copy on the deckle edge cards. I really like the look of them though.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

hi guys. haven't been around here much but wanted to check in. Looking to finish a paper black set, so let me know if you have any...and if that ryan auto is for sale, i am a buyer!

• Options

I saw Carew in Cooperstown last year and he is very very shaky. They didn't allow anyone to even go near him or pictures. Sadly i don't think there will be many more new autos from him. Cepeda also very shaky....

• Options

@parkerj said:
    hi guys. haven't been around here much but wanted to check in. Looking to finish a paper black set, so let me know if you have any...and if that ryan auto is for sale, i am a buyer!

You are referring to the black boarder, correct? I only have two, #55 Aaron Sanchez and #131 Scott Schebler. Make me an offer and they're yours.

• Options
    edited March 7, 2018 8:07AM

When the dust settles ... Topps Heritage is going to be the card of choice IMO only.....I agree with Promethius88 that the other Topps cards are cookie cutter and bland..... ZERO appeal for myself. Heritage has auto's RED/BLUE, RC's with solo shots and dual picture prospect cards, plus the bright yellow backs and gray backs and flip stocks..... and though I ve never been a refractor nut by any means ...the Gold and blue border cards are awesome..... Moreover, the Superfractor 1/1 I am noticing are yielding some big prices of just HOF'ers.... Ichiro, KErshaw, Verlander, Bryant etc etc.... The Heritage Topps set is a reservoir of cool stuff ALL OVER THE PLACE..... Heck, I could see kids taking the black and white photo cards and getting them auto'd and sent into PSA for grades and creating a new variation in and of itself..... Heritage is really fantastic.
    I just got my second flip stock 1/5 of this Miguel Andujar on spec....not a bad prospect....and the nice thing is its a 1/5 and so if he isn't the end all HOF'er you can still sell it to someone who may have decided to collect the Heritage set in FLIP Stock variation form..... PSA Registry style.

• Options

i have 55 and 131 black already...thanks for asking.

• Options

Jim, I have a few plus need some sp's & inserts for a master. I'll put list up later today here & bo too.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2018 11:11AM

TO TRADE:
    BLACK BORDER-224,
    /569-JUDGE
    PURPLE-15,18,24,37,53,62,63X2,64,72X2,125,151,191,202,206,221,233,267,284,288,293,300,320,325,327,360X2
    DECKLE-2,4,10,11,13,1617,20X2,22,25,28
    INSERTS-MANY
    SP'S-MANY

NEED:
    TN-7
    DECKLE-3,8
    SP-410,426,448,467,482,492,498

I WOULD TRADE FOR RED SOX PARALELLS
    HAVE: BENNY NICK, BETTS CHROME & PURPLE,POMERANZ BLACK BORDER,DEVERS ACTION

updated 3/14

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 468 ✭✭✭

@Odessafile said:
    When the dust settles ... Topps Heritage is going to be the card of choice IMO only.....I agree with Promethius88 that the other Topps cards are cookie cutter and bland..... ZERO appeal for myself.

I agree. I picked up a few packs of Topps base a few weeks ago. The card stock is noticeably thinner and very flimsy. In addition, the gloss doesn't "pop" like it used to. Overall, they are kind of cheap feeling/looking now.

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I have a black Souza jr for sale if needed.

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options

Walmart blasters got me back on track . Bryce Harper error, Kris chrome and a nasty Lorenzo Cain patch /99.

• Options

@Walt said:
    Walmart blasters got me back on track . Bryce Harper error, Kris chrome and a nasty Lorenzo Cain patch /99.

Hiya Kevin

I remember the fun we had about 15 years ago with Heritage.

I remember writing a parody how you were arrested for attacking a "pack searcher" at Walmart or something like that?

The "Hunt for Heritage" - hate to be nostalgic - but those were kind of "the" days - not that this isn't good tho - just a different time I guess?

Mike
  • Options

Great memories. I still remember finding retail early at wal mart on my birthday in 2004 and pulled a Don Newcombe blue ink. All the trades over the years have made it worth it. The multiple case rippers have killed almost everything. Ginter has followed down the same patch.

Do the 9 pocket pages hold memories?

Walt

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2018 5:28PM

nothing much to declare after 3 boxes....did get a albert pujols relic with game worn patch...any value?
    and just 3 black borders..no signatures vs how it use to be with heritage....they must be waiting in the remaining boxes......bringing back memories
    ..time to collate

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2018 7:33PM

I've resisted the temptation to open my 30 blaster boxes of 2003 Heritage packed away. Some have 8 packs, some 11 packs per box. As far as the 2018 version I like the card stock and white borders. Opened 5 20 card packs. Nothing great. 4 SP's,2 Judges(Pin. Pals,LL),7 Rookie Stars,Seaver T/N,Bench Flashback,Chrome Longoria. Also picked up 6 Blasters,unopened so far.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Are ohtani red inks possible in the retail packs/boxes? My target has a ton right now.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Picked up 2 Hangers and 4 Cellos from WalMart last week. Got a handful of High#, a Deckle Robles, and 4 Decals (1 Correa and 3 Devers), along with some decent base stars. Still love the Heritage product, but not digging Hobby prices or retail collation.

Pitstopped at Target too, but all they had were the 9 card packs. Considered grabbing a few for grins, but each pack seemed to have been searched, as the top half of the pack was pushed high, and the bottom half pushed low. Assuming they were looking for the middle card, though I'm not sure how they could see anything or if it's simply a "feel" thing. Anyway, decided to keep my money for another day.

BTW: Is it true that the Ohtani #17 card will not come out of retail?

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

I grabbed a couple blasters @walmart today. Nothing special -Schwarber relic probably the best.

Any chance of prying one of those Devers decals out of you vintagefun? I have a need/trade list up above.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

Dave - I've got a Devers Decal with your name on it. We've traded Heritage before but you also hooked up my boy with some Donruss puzzle pieces...gratis. So I'll get this one out to you as a trade completion. If any change to address from PO Box in Maine, PM me. Will send early next week. If you have any Kershaw, Bellinger or Seagers, I'm your guy.

• Options
    edited March 9, 2018 5:57PM

It is the same address and I'll check on the Dodgers-I assume you're not talking base?
    I actually have a Seager & Bellinger Action on ebay ending Sunday. ebay= magellan_intc

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

are the color variation cards harder to pull this year then last year. color cards are going for more on ebay then last years color variation did. I want to get some of the star cards but some of them this year are going more than last years versions,

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

Looking to trade the following for a Pirates refractor:

-Amed Rosario Yellow Target exclusive
    -Amed Rosario Deckle Edge
    -Jose Pirela short print

Mark

• Options

Just scooped a 4 box hobby lot for 388 using the 20% off. 1 will go into box run, other 3 to be ripped so I guess I will make a set attempt. Or at least a partial.

• Options

That's a great deal at this point Jim. I can help with base & some inserts. May have to wait 'til April however as we leave for 2 weeks next Saturday.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox