Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2018 Topps Heritage

robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 10, 2019 5:15AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2018-topps-heritage-baseball-cards

I'll rip a few packs. Last 60's design, too. Where does the time go?

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Robert

I like the 69T design - this might be one that I pick up a case?

Mike
  • BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭

As long as boxes don't shoot up to $150 a box I'm gonna pop 5-6 boxes for sure next year. Maybe even push a kid down at Walmart to buy all the blasters too. :)

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017 1:10PM

• Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Pre-sell going for $900-$1,000? Hmmm. That seems a bit higher than in years past. Lower production numbers?

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or increased popularity.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

@Mick65 said:
    Pre-sell going for $900-$1,000? Hmmm. That seems a bit higher than in years past. Lower production numbers?

Prices still at $950. That is insane. If hobby prices don't come down I'll be forced to scour Targets and Walmarts for blasters. Would be the first time since 2005 that I have not ripped hobby cases.

@Knopfler said:

@Mick65 said:

Prices still at $950. That is insane. If hobby prices don't come down I'll be forced to scour Targets and Walmarts for blasters. Would be the first time since 2005 that I have not ripped hobby cases.

I did that back in 2006 for the 1957 series, It was painful, very tough to complete the master set that way. Usually a case got me close after that....

I remember in 2004 or 5 paying something like 600 for the case?

Does that sound correct?

Not sure whether I want to drop a grand on a case?

Mike
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

@BeRoyalKC said:
    Maybe even push a kid down at Walmart to buy all the blasters too. :)

You can push kids down whether you make a purchase or not. I'm probably not speaking from experience. :#

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

Does that sound correct?

Let me know and I can split a case with you if you want to grab one.

KC

@Stone193 said:

Does that sound correct?

Yes, sounds about right. Even last year, I only paid about $725 per case, then during the summer prices jumped over $1,000 per case due to the Aaron Judge phenomenon. But since he's not a rookie this year, I think someone is trying to artificially inflate the prices.

Well, I've given this some thought and not gonna do the set.

I will buy some blasters at Target/Walmart - but that's about it.

There's just stuff that I would like better. Like right now I'm eyeing an original cigarette poster/original frame from the early 1900s.

Mike
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

I'm out for sure prices are going to be just to high for one hit a box.

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2018 11:08PM

Bob-- if you keep shoving those kids down to get those blasters you will loose your Greeter job.

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bishop said:
    Bob-- if you keep shoving those kids down to get those blasters you will loose your Greeter job.

Almost choked on my bagel at Panera this am reading this line. Way too funny!

KC

edited June 5, 2019 11:16AM

• MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I will probably pick up a pack or two and maybe buy a base set. Now when 1971 design rolls around, all bets are off. Can't believe how quickly that is coming up!

• ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

@Mefer said:
    ...........Now when 1971 1972 design rolls around, all bets are off. Can't believe how quickly that is coming up!

What I used to like in the years I was buying cases, (the 1958-65, series) was the case price was reasonable, the chase cards were more manageable (well, pre- mini/ color swap) and you could have a master set at the end, along with a couple of interesting pieces and autos. Instead of sticking with basics, it seems like it became all about the "sell sheet".

Geez, cases up to $1,175 now! Wonder if it's Topps, the distributors or the dealers manipulating the case prices. Any why only Heritage? 2018 Topps Series 1 case prices seemed in line with historical averages.

• EstilEstil Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭✭

I know! In 2020 we'll finally get the Heritage version of 1971's! I still hope to someday get that set...

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • WillBBCWillBBC Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm in for a case this year. Thankfully pre-ordered with a couple of other local folks so we were able to lock in at 750. The prices are getting ridiculous at this point!

edited June 5, 2019 11:20AM

Nice call. Blowout price per case is now $1425!

edited June 5, 2019 11:20AM

• OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

Aside from Ohtani, who else is the RC draw ? Cuz a 5th year auto of Harper and Bryant isn't going to move the needle for myself...I would rather just buy an already graded Ohtani on ebay.

edited June 5, 2019 11:21AM

Thank u Robert

• Now at $1400+ a case I'm out. Even with other RC cards the base cards are not worth it Judge last year on COMC for $7.25 each. Even if Acuna and Devers go for $7 each, then you get around 8 SP at $2.50 each, a jersey card $3 you're looking at $37 return on a $120 box about 31% guaranteed so you are at 69% luck factor on hitting something that will get your $ back. A bit too high on the luck factor for me on this one. A few blasters and that will be all. If you noticed they jacked Bowman up to $147 a box as well. Last year the emergence of Judge made prices go up. This year it looks like they are starting as high as they can and I'm sure prices will come back to normal once the season gets going. Ohtani is not Yu Darvish or Ichiro. I think he will be good but it is going to take a few years.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
    edited June 5, 2019 11:23AM

• seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2018 4:38PM

question, possibly a dumb question......are the Ohtani autographs equally likely to be in the preorder boxes or should i wait a few weeks or months? thanks....also, for possible prices to go down...ugh

...Im def thinking of getting a case for the first time with Heritage.

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

@seebelow said:
    question, possibly a dumb question......are the Ohtani autographs equally likely to be in the preorder boxes or should i wait a few weeks or months? thanks....also, for possible prices to go down...ugh

...Im def thinking of getting a case for the first time with Heritage.

The odds are not out yet, but generally the odds of auto's are better in hobby than in retail. But finding an reasonably priced hobby case is pretty much impossible right now.

It's live. Card was listed Saturday so the first retail hit the shelves five days before hobby. Might check a couple of Walmarts or Targets on the way home.

2018 Heritage is Live!

• magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Someone on BO forum caught a Carew red auto /69 in a target blaster.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Nothing at my walmart or target. But I think restock is tues wed

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
    edited February 26, 2018 1:12PM

My walmarts in Florida have been pretty naked of even '17 Heritage .... nada.

• firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Yea. I live in Orlando and last year wAs tough sometimes hit or miss depending on the reps saving the stuff for certain customers or employees

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
    edited February 27, 2018 9:56AM

I’ll bid 5k ! I just gotta have it!!!!

If this '18 class had more studs I'd splurge on a case....but the lineup just isnt earth shattering...unless of course I find a niche within the set to collect and then all bets are off ...Ill be backing up the truck to Target.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't think of another player listed as 'Pitcher/DH'. Is this the first?

@LarkinCollector said:
    I can't think of another player listed as 'Pitcher/DH'. Is this the first?

Only one I can remember with P/anything else. Found a NY Times article that said the last pitcher to play significant time at another position was Brooks Kieschnick who was a relief pitcher that also played some OF and came in as a pinch hitter on occasion. In 2003 and 2004 he 74 pitching appearances and 133 plate appearances. I'll have to look up his Heritage cards. Here is the NY Times article for reference sake.

NY Times article

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a pitcher/dh, but...

Started his career as an outfielder, made the switch to pitcher, and, if I recall correctly, ended up being the pitching coach for the Blue jays, shaping Roy Halladay's into a 2 time Cy Young winner.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Local target had them...not on the shelf yet but picked up 4 blasters and one single pack. Ripped the single pack when I got to the car. Only thing I know is better is a Trey Mancini chrome numbered 151/569. Will post any solid hits out of the blasters when I bust into them!

First Ohtani Ink is up. Unfortunately it's a Buy It Now.

First Ohtani Auto

@countdouglas said:

Not a pitcher/dh, but...

Started his career as an outfielder, made the switch to pitcher, and, if I recall correctly, ended up being the pitching coach for the Blue jays, shaping Roy Halladay's into a 2 time Cy Young winner.

Nice find!

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Local target had them...not on the shelf yet but picked up 4 blasters and one single pack. Ripped the single pack when I got to the car. Only thing I know is better is a Trey Mancini chrome numbered 151/569. Will post any solid hits out of the blasters when I bust into them!

Uggghhh. I hit four Walmarts and two Targets today and no Heritage. I only checked the shelves though. How do you go about finding them if they are not on the shelves yet?

edited February 27, 2018 5:03PM

@Knopfler You gotta get the passcodes to the locked area .... usually held by a heavyset “Thelma”. Her brothers take all the good boxes and leave behind the bad ones so that when u do pick up a five box haul that one time .. u get quadruples of Jon jay and Miguel Montero .... I think we are better off ordering sealed cases.

Not much in my first 3 boxes but 3 packs into box #4 and every pack has had a purple refractor and one also had a black refractor Schwarber!

@Knopfler said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Uggghhh. I hit four Walmarts and two Targets today and no Heritage. I only checked the shelves though. How do you go about finding them if they are not on the shelves yet?

The shelf where they were normally at was all cluttered with non-sport crap. Right behind me on the checkout lane was boxes with what appeared to be older merchandise and looked in one of them....sure enough, blasters racks and single packs of the Heritage that they haven't gotten out yet. There were probably 5 more blaster boxes in there. Might head back for more. Only saving grace from this lot was the black refractor and the 7 purple refractors.

Ended up with the Schwarber black #'d, purples of Dee Gordon, Syndergaard, Conforto, Votto, Lester, Trout, Moustakas and Orioles Rookes. Got 3 deckle edge, Bryant, Bellinger and Arenado, base Judge14 sp's and a regular refractor of Dodgers rookies. There were some base stars in there but no "Sho-time".