Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2018 Topps Heritage

Comments

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forgot to add I did get an ssp red/magenta back Kyle Barraclough as well. Here are some of my hits...

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Appreciate the Heritage reports. Keep reporting your finds.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Case arriving Thursday. Will report. Hoping to get out and check some DFW retail tomorrow if time permits. Heritage just comes at a truly awful time for me work wise.

Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Ended up with the Schwarber black #'d, purples of Dee Gordon, Syndergaard, Conforto, Votto, Lester, Trout, Moustakas and Orioles Rookes. Got 3 deckle edge, Bryant, Bellinger and Arenado, base Judge14 sp's and a regular refractor of Dodgers rookies. There were some base stars in there but no "Sho-time".

Let me know if the Moustakas is available via trade. I have plenty of older Heritage and if the Walmarts and/or Targets in TX ever get any 2018 Heritage I'll have that to trade as well.

• Options

This is an odd looking variation card.

• Options

@Knopfler said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Ended up with the Schwarber black #'d, purples of Dee Gordon, Syndergaard, Conforto, Votto, Lester, Trout, Moustakas and Orioles Rookes. Got 3 deckle edge, Bryant, Bellinger and Arenado, base Judge14 sp's and a regular refractor of Dodgers rookies. There were some base stars in there but no "Sho-time".

Let me know if the Moustakas is available via trade. I have plenty of older Heritage and if the Walmarts and/or Targets in TX ever get any 2018 Heritage I'll have that to trade as well.

Just message me your address and I'll send it out in the mail today, no charge.

• Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i don't post much on here like i used to...mostly on blowout now. But hello to all my old friends and any new ones. I will be busting 15 cases and posting results on blowout.

• Options

@parkerj said:
    Hi guys, i don't post much on here like i used to...mostly on blowout now. But hello to all my old friends and any new ones. I will be busting 15 cases and posting results on blowout.

Hey Jim, good to see you back. Good luck on the cases. I pre-ordered a couple of base sets from you. Not a big fan of Blowout so I won't see the hits but let me know if you pull any cool Royals stuff and we can work out a trade.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:23AM

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018 12:56PM

And it’s misspelled :smiley: so it’s a short print and an error card! It’s probaBly worth millions .. congrats

• Options

@robert67 said:
    Those are a new variation, Nickname cards. Not sure how limited they are, though.

They should have put the nicknames where the player names are instead of the team name. They are selling though. Machado in a one day auction went for $152. Rafael Devers sold for $200 as an accepted Best Offer.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Any see the trout/bat boy a la Aurelio rodriguez? I thought that took some forethought

• Options

@RipublicaninMass said:
    Any see the trout/bat boy a la Aurelio rodriguez? I thought that took some forethought

Yep, saw that. It's an old Heritage staple. Who is that in the pic though?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Visited 1 of my local Targets today. Bought the only 6 Blaster boxes that were there. Each box had a sticker on it for a free TOPPS 2018 Series 1 Baseball pack, RV $1.99. The free pack plus 5% off with my Target card brought the price to $17 per box before tax. And bought the 5 loose 20 card per pack 2018 Heritage as well. Surprised the lot of them was even there.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2019 11:24AM

• Options
    edited February 28, 2018 7:54PM

What are your opinions of the 1/5 gold refractor cards? ~are you guys energized by them or are they just another variation for the sake of it? Are they compelling?

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Hi my name is Walt and I am new to heritage. I think I like them a lot. Its probably just a fad. Does anyone here
    trade or just rip and flip? I have references from guys who are probably not here anymore.

Highlights of 7 boxes. I think I should call it quits.

Autos Mahle, Buehler
    Actions: Votto,Seager,Posey, Hoskins,Harper
    Black Chrome Kluber
    Color Swap Harper, Trout
    Lindor Gold /5
    some guy named Ohtani card #17

• Options

@Walt said:
    Hi my name is Walt and I am new to heritage. I think I like them a lot. Its probably just a fad. Does anyone here
    trade or just rip and flip? I have references from guys who are probably not here anymore.

Welcome Walt. I have a feeling you are going to enjoy Heritage. And I've been known to trade Heritage. Nice pull on that #17.

• Options
    edited March 1, 2018 7:51AM

Just pulled this sick 1/1 off of Ebay...Superfractor

• Options
    edited June 5, 2019 11:50AM

• Options

@robert67 Sounds like he is in need of recovery ... :

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 468 ✭✭✭

Always nice to see some of the old Heritage crazies still at it. Sweet ripping, guys!

• Options

Dang, there are two Ohtani red ink auto's up for auction right now. One is at $2,800 with four days to go and the other is at $4,500 with three days to go. And still no sign of retail in TX?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Nice Kershaw.

• Options

@lahmejoon ... it’s getting ready for grading and the vault:)

• Options
    tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭

WALT RULES

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Good luck guys. I won't be building set this year. But will scoop some retail for the itch and may grab hobby if it comes down a bit. I'll need to at least get one for the box run.

I am interested in Kershaws though for my player run. Need base, action, Chrome, Kersh, and inserts (at least deckle, all star, and WS). Will buy and/or trade.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

@Knopfler said:
    Dang, there are two Ohtani red ink auto's up for auction right now. One is at $2,800 with four days to go and the other is at $4,500 with three days to go. And still no sign of retail in TX?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Picked up some at the Target at Lemmon and 75. There was nothing at the 2 Wal Marts I checked in East Dallas last night. Plan to check Wal Mart again. Through 8 in the case. Red Auto of Amed Rosario. That's about it. I'll detail better tomorrow. Good luck to those who are still ripping!

Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

@matthewbschultz83 said:

Picked up some at the Target at Lemmon and 75. There was nothing at the 2 Wal Marts I checked in East Dallas last night. Plan to check Wal Mart again. Through 8 in the case. Red Auto of Amed Rosario. That's about it. I'll detail better tomorrow. Good luck to those who are still ripping!

Lucky! Did you clear out that Target or do they still have some? Would have been right on the way to work if I still worked in the Medical district but not really close these days. I may be desperate by tomorrow afternoon though, and I'll be heading down 75 for the Irish Fest tomorrow evening.

• Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

They didn't have much. Someone may have beat me there. 2 blasters, 2 hangers, and 2 20 card packs. With my coupon the hanger boxes rang up free. That was $54 something. Pulled a Gallo Gold border GU. Nice piece too, swatch had blue, red, and grey on it.

I don't like that target, its just near my office. I prefer the one over by Abrams and Skillman.

Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

How much did you open to hit that?

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2018 1:13PM

Five boxes with the kids. Got a bunch of Yanks we wanted so the Otani kind of just paid for the fun.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

The Graded Mantle wasn't pulled from a heritage box, right?

• Options

Thanks to a really good dealer friend, I got 3 hobby boxes at an AMAZING price today. About to bust into box #1 after I poor a cold drink. Will post any hot results. Hopefully better than the Target retail I got!

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

You know the black border 1971 Topps Hertiage is only a couple of years away...I'm honestly tempted to maybe do that year's Heritage...

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

First box down nothing amazing. Best hit was an Austin Hays certified auto. Also got an sp Rizzo action image. Only one chrome /999, which was Longoria. A little surprised as I was getting a lot of those out of the retail blasters. Also ended up with a black border Aaron Sanchez. Will need to look closer for color swaps, etc later. On to box #2!

• Options

Box 2 a bust. Dallas Keuchel jersey card, Javy Baez chrome and Scott Schebler black border where the only highlights.

• Options

This fella is going to hit for average and Ive read more than 1 scout compare him to Tony Gwynn .... we shall see.

• Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Ryan auto !!!! very nice

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options

Yes! Awesome Ryan auto! And to a fellow Royals fan as well. I finally found retail today here in northern DFW and have pulled one auto so far, but not a Real One auto...

• Options
    edited March 3, 2018 12:58PM

@Knopfler That’s worth more than a mantle RC - u just don’t know it yet... and u pulled it!!!!

• Options

Who in the holy hell is that guy?!!!!

• Options

Haha, I'll take anything I can get when it comes to retail! And these Pilots auto's are 1:3,455 packs so pretty rare. They are selling for $100-$200 on eBay currently.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2018 2:03PM

Bought a few blasters at Target today.

Nothing really great in first box until this:

Doorbell just rang - finally - been waiting for many months - they actually asked me to select a substitute but didn't - my best pull last summer:

Is this a big wow or what!

Mike
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

I have been off of the serious Heritage train for several years. I picked up two walmart blasters yesterday. This was the best of my haul. If my regular dealer has hobby boxes at a reasonable price, I'll pick up a few. I really like the decals
    and deckle edge.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2018 9:47PM

I opened 2 hobby boxes today. Pulled a Alex Verdugo blue Auto, Wil Myers game used jersey card, a chrome black border Arenado /69, Chrome Adam Jones, Lindor action sp, and a few judges. Not a whole lot else. Will look closer for variations.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2018 6:25PM

Ok .. ohtani red inks are going for 4.5 k and then some ... judges didn’t sell for nearly that much and he had one of the best rookie seasons of all time ... I think the Topps heritages are catching on big time ... if u aren’t speculating on the pop 5 and 10s u may be making a mistake ... it’s not rocket science ... it’s demand.