Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Happy Valentine's Day to all the Dateless Coin Collectors...

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

So if your sitting at home tonight trying to raise a date on a nickel with acid post something that's Valentine's Day worthy ;):p

German struck by Friedrich August I. (1694-1733) in silver 22mm diameter and translates to Obverse "If you are not faithful to me" Reverse "Be free".

Pictorial wise Obverse "cupid (love) pooping on a heart with a very polite "screw you" Reverse.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s pretty damn cool alright B)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

"cupid (love) pooping on a heart with a very polite "screw you"

+1 <3

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is dateless since I only have an image of one side. But this may be something easier to figure out than some of us dateless people's relationships.

• Options
    Babboonbobo69Babboonbobo69 Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2018 8:01PM

@thebeav said:
    I started thinking today,for the first time, that this could be a tough Holiday for a lot of people.
    I do some volunteer work locally. Today I was in an office that is occupied by all women. Probably about 20 of them. Two of them received flowers today at work. So, of course, that means about 18 of them did not. Out of those 18, I'm sure some have significant others that will take care of them outside of their work. Most of them however, don't. It just made me feel a little bad.

Don’t feel too bad, some may prefer their circumstances. So it might just be by choice and I’ve always thought every holiday us hard for someone.

Figured that out one thanksgiving when we were traveling between parents houses when my wife and I were still dating. It was a snowy thanksgiving evening and we drove past a subway sandwich shop and there was one person sitting in the corner by themselves eating a sandwich, that made me very sad that day.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck
    I never laughed so hard........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

@jedm said:

I'm not sure if this is dateless since I only have an image of one side. But this may be something easier to figure out than some of us dateless people's relationships.

Yes it's dated 1911 on the reverse :)

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jedm ...@Broadstruck..... OK... What is the translation of those images??? Inquiring minds want to know... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @jedm ...@Broadstruck..... OK... What is the translation of those images??? Inquiring minds want to know... :D Cheers, RickO

+1

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost dateless :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me see... Awl .. tea time .. topper .. g quaver .. sow .. [female dog].. two .. hollow .. back?

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

OP coin throws a whole new perspective on our recent discussion of small or large eagles.

Somehow the screwing ducks might be appropriate for a modern issue. Clad of course. ;)

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

These claim to be dateless but as the night turned to day I seen a few slipping out the door with a number or two.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    I started thinking today,for the first time, that this could be a tough Holiday for a lot of people.
    I do some volunteer work locally. Today I was in an office that is occupied by all women. Probably about 20 of them. Two of them received flowers today at work. So, of course, that means about 18 of them did not. Out of those 18, I'm sure some have significant others that will take care of them outside of their work. Most of them however, don't. It just made me feel a little bad.

Some prefer to be dateless. For those who don't, holidays are a great time to meet others w/o a partner who don't chose to shut themselves up at home alone.

July 4 has been the best for me! Just about any single person you choose to ask will accept an innocent "date" to watch the fireworks later that day. The rest is up to you. B)

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with dateless coins is you can't dance with those dates.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like that Buff circulated a bit.

Wow

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my small herd of dateless Buffalos

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options

@Insider2 said:

@thebeav said:

Some prefer to be dateless. For those who don't, holidays are a great time to meet others w/o a partner who don't chose to shut themselves up at home alone.

July 4 has been the best for me! Just about any single person you choose to ask will accept an innocent "date" to watch the fireworks later that day. The rest is up to you. B)

I'm not single however no longer celebrate Valentines Day as I had a heart attack consummating this holiday.

Avoiding it I yesterday celebrated 9 years since above ground :)

• Options

@ricko said:

The token and photo that jedm posted are mine from when I did a thread and we cracked the code.

As I recall it translated to "All That Glitters Is Not Gold"

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck ...I see part of that translation....but fail to see it 'awl'... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:

@ricko said:

The token and photo that jedm posted are mine from when I did a thread and we cracked the code.

As I recall it translated to "All That Glitters Is Not Gold"

I missed it first time around, but here is the link https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11495566

• Options

Happy VD once again to all the dateless collectors :p

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! By the way where did you find that pic of me?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Valentine’s Day.

Not mine.

2019 Antique Fiji Hershey Valentine’s Day Kiss Silver Coin

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I've had some pretty messed up dates, but none that bad.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about a dateless coin who has a date :)<3;)

• Options

TTT... Happy VD :p

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, fine, I'll post it again.

Sold as a dateless coin.

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dateless a week ago

<3 is magic

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options

yep....

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Valentines Day 🥰

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    retirednowretirednow Posts: 483 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see 2020 and 2021 were skipped in this recurring otherwise annual February 14th thread that began in 2018. Nice to see its return.

In keeping with the spirit of the day here are some photos from this year's 2022 Valentines Day:

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone call eHarmony and help those dateless coins out.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    VetterVetter Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file