Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This Weekend's Rips... Summer vacation ‘21 edition

13»

Comments

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2017 12:24AM

Well, as I said earlier, a lot of fun here. If my math's correct, should average 2.5 total, roughly, of the big 3. Got 6. See ya Saturday.

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

LOVE those sets...........let me know if you can let go of the Montana in 1981 and 1982...........and Go Hogs

1964 Topps Football
  • Options

Hello again, Blackie..

I hope you don't mind, I usually hang on to what I pull, just cause it has more sentimental value to me that way (Gotta be upwards of 99 percent of my collection has been pulled out of a pack by me).

Anyway, thanks for checking in, good to see ya back, and indeed, Go Hogs!

• Options

not a problem at all brother!

1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2017 6:18AM

A few items from our Christmas morning bust of 1987 boxes. One box of 1987 Donruss and one of 1987 Fleer. (Keith Jr is a big Bo fan so he was happy). Pulled Bonds in pack 1 and McGwire in pack 3 - Bo was pack 34 and 36 so we had to sweat him out :)

KC

*'threw the Mattingly in the photo hoping Matt (DM23) would offer me $50 for a minty fresh and crisp Donnie baseball straight from the box ;)

• Options

gotta get me a 87 Fleer Jackson.........so glad you shared that

1964 Topps Football
  • Options

Those boxes turned out real well, especially for a Bo fan, awesome to hear!

• Options

yes they did! good stuff

1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Nice hits. Keep’em coming.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

Tomorrow will be basketball ripping and a little basebal with the family
    ;)

• Options

Tomorrow is basketball day with the family rip - and a little baseball mixed in as well. ;)

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Keith and Scott

Thanx for the entertaining rips.

On my screen? Some really nice pulls on both parts.

I've got some "new" Target boxes I can open. Nothing great.

Happy New Year everyone!

Mike
  • Options

awesome thread!! HNY!

• Options

Thanks for checking in, and the kind words, fellas.

On the chopping block (beginning in a couple hours) for Night 3:

• Options

Gonna be a late one.

2 85 Donruss racks down

• Options

3 '84 Fleer cellos. Not much doing until I turned over to look on the back of the last one.

If he were on the front it would be a sure keep unopened for me. As is, I'm torn. So if anyone is still up tonight, first post that tells me whether to keep or rip, is what will happen. If everyone's already asleep, I'm giving it a 2 in 5 chance of surviving.

• Options

I love these small Topps hockey sets. A lot of fun in 3 packs.

• Options

Wrong rookie qb on the insert

• Options
    edited December 31, 2017 12:39AM

Nothing submittable, but wow, what a couple of '83 racks!

• Options

Pretty much zip in the '87 Hockey other than a Yzerman.

Here's the '83 football, only '89 Score football to go.

• Options

No dice on the Score. Fun night, nonetheless.

Back Monday night.

• Options
    edited January 1, 2018 5:19PM

Here's the haul as described earlier for the fourth and final edition for this holiday season.

Already a 2nd year Pippen, so that's a good start (I would normally save this rack, but I actually have a Pippen on top rack from this year, so there will be no sparing).

Won't be beginning until after the games, so I'm anticipating a sparse crowd like the other night, but, no matter, they'll rip just the same!

• Options
    edited January 1, 2018 5:41PM

Jr and I cracked some Bowman Draft last night and 89 Hoops today. Gotta love the collation of Hoops product. Went through a FASC box and got these guys.

Zero Jordan's in the entire box - we did get a couple of All Stars of Jordan. Plenty of Nance, Price, Pippen, and Smith though

Did get a few of this guy...

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx Keith and Scott for the entertaining rips.

On the Robinsons - wasn't his RC supposed to be an SP Keith?

Mike
  • Options

Not sure. Based on the fact I got zero Jordan cards I am starting to think his cards were SP's! Not to mention all 3 packs were in Keith Jr's half of the box!

KC

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

On the Robinsons - wasn't his RC supposed to be an SP Keith?

If you mean "removed from series 2", then yes.

Alex Relyea

• Options

In case anyone was wondering, it got late, so I didn't post night 4. Turns out it wasn't all that exciting anyway, although I did pull the Yzerman rookie. Here are the results, and see ya next time!

• Options

Box number 2 of Series 1 netted 2 more Robinson rookies plus a box short a pack (only 35 packs) and one pack had 22 cards. Not sure what to think of it.

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Great thread this is awesome.

• Options

Hiya, fellas.

It’s been a long time since I actually posted some rips, but, what the heck, I’ve got a couple weeks off for vacation (more of a staycation, really, although there are also some non-fun things going on during this time), and although the quality of the material is way down (wow, if I had all the material in this thread still unopened!), I felt compelled to post again. I may not post pics every single night, but will be busting packs each night, mostly without exception, and will update the thread nightly, or the next day.

Anyway, on the chopping block are:

‘87 topps baseball vending box

24 ‘90 topps football cello packs (loose bbce purchase)

‘90 fleer baseball green jumbo and/or cello box which I believe may contain the 2nd year Soaring Stars Griffey insert I’m in search of

12 ‘89 Bowman baseball racks (loose bbce purchase)

12 ‘89 Fleer baseball racks (loose bbce purchase)

4 ‘20 Select football hanger packs

8 ‘20 Prizm basketball blaster boxes

4 ‘20 Prizm basketball fat packs

Also have a ‘91 Kayo boxing box I may or may not get to. Not sure how I will divvy it, but we’ll see.

Thanks for following along.

• Options

First up, the ‘87 vending box.

• Options
    Bull_BearBull_Bear Posts: 86 ✭✭

@Porkins said:
    First up, the ‘87 vending box.

Great thread and beautiful cards, Porkins. Thanks for starting it. Have always loved ‘87 Topps and the wood background. 2nd year of hard core collecting as a young child for me. Great memories. Sooie! 👍🏻

"I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball"
    Charlie Hustle

• Options

Thanks, Bull. Ditto for me on ‘87’s, it’s the 2nd year I can remember buying packs, and I was always drawn to the wood grain.

1st blaster of Prizm

• Options

‘90 Fleer baseball jumbo cello box

Well, I was successful in getting the card I was looking for, with the sweet looking insert Soaring Stars Griffey. After pulling it, and noticing the notch on the bottom right edge, I had been tempted to grab another box in search of a higher grade copy, but by the end of it, it had become a slog, so I decided against it. Not to mention only roughly 50% chance of Griffey in each box (removing chances for duplicates - I got 6 different of 12 total in my box).

Anyway, here they are. Overall, a nice nostalgia trip, with a Unit-on-back pack to boot.

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome material. Right out of my collecting wheelhouse in my youth.

Thanks for sharing.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

2nd Prizm blaster, this one light on rookies.

3 silvers in 2 blasters so far, not anyone even worth showing.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a basketball fan, but I think that is a really attractive LeBron James card.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    I'm not a basketball fan, but I think that is a really attractive LeBron James card.

That dunk by LeBron paid an homage to a famous Kobe dunk, with an almost exact recreation.
    https://youtu.be/nw31hnsbbiQ
    Really good article about how that image was captured.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2020/02/08/lakers-photographer-lebron-james-iconic-dunk

• Options

@AFLfan said:

Completely agree.

• Options

1990 Topps football cello box

Cris carter and Deion on back packs saved, but missed a Montana record breaker on top because I was not willing to expend the effort it may have taken to ascertain front player.

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the two Barry Sanders cards from this year….nice pulls!

• Options
    edited July 5, 2021 9:58AM

Lot of 12 ‘loose 89 Bowman racks. Fun results. Good ole BBCE, never fails to amaze.

• Options

Awesome on the 89B!

I was bought in - hook line sinker on this issue. All the rookies one could ever hope for.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

Lot of 12 ‘89 Fleer rack packs

No Griff or Billy in sight, but still fun with the stars on top (courtesy of BBCE, of course)

• Options

The 89F really brings back memories. 89 was probably the height of collecting as a kid. I absolutely loved all the issues that came out this year. I bought and ripped so much of this stuff, every dollar went to cards.

Thanks for sharing