Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Tribute to Autumn

Sorry for the large jpeg, but thought I'd welcome the fall foliage with the similar tones of red copper.

Comments

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Paul,

What a lovely cornucopia. Thanks for brightening my evening. They're beautiful.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    You Indianhead guys are starting to make me feel like I'm missing out on something.... beautiful.
    Carl
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    I like the red 1 from 1900 image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    WOW! And, in case you missed it, WOW!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    hi Paul
    sure is a pretty lot, love these colors

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    GPGP Posts: 186
    YOWZA!! NICE! image
  • Options
    fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
  • Options
    very nice, thanks for posting.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Paul, what do reckon that tree cost?
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

MY MY MY MY MY image I gotta go get me some of them. Dam now i gotta buy another book. image

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damnit Paul, I'm trying to get my hands on other material and you are distracting me with those beautiful IHCs!image
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it. image

I love autumn, I love Injuns, I love the colors.

That's a work of art!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    a BIG money tree!
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    It's fun to take coins out of their plastic (care of Photoshop) and "handle" them, even if it's only virtual reality. It also helps with comparing grades and other attributes.

Grouped by color, you get a clearer picture of how different IH tones generally appear in different decades. The coppernicks have their own unique look. The key dates from the mid 60s thru late seventies have the classic mint gold look. And the remainder turn up in all the other earth tones -- most of the deep reds in the 80s & 90s, the oranges in the 90s and 1900s, and the bronze/tans from all three of the final decades.

Paul, what do reckon that tree cost? The Blay 1877 (3rd from left, second row) would be the first MS small cent to crack the 100K barrier if auctioned today. But the 1904 (5th from left, fourth row) sold for only $370 half a year ago.
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    I like the peppermint shnaaps green colors myself...image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    This is a nice collection of Indian Head cent .......image
  • Options
    Hey Paul,

Warn a guy before you do that!!!!! I had to get the network guy over here to clean the drool outta my keyboard!!!!

Damn nice set of IHC's!

I echo Russ on this one - WOW!!!!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Thanks for providing yet another reason Fall is my favorite time of the year.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • Options
    Paul,

You are a fantastic photographer. That picture is really great. In fact I am now
    using it for my wallpaper on the computer. Funny thing is it looks better there
    then the pic on the forum does (?). Well anyway. what are you going to do for
    an encore. Christmas tree with lights?image

Thanks for all the super IHC pctures. I think Heritage could hire you on to take pics for
    their auctions and they would would do much better.

Fred
    Buy the best you can afford the first time around.

Fred
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    That was a wonderful experience, thanks.

Definite TTT.

• Options
    Appreciate the kind words, but let me clear two things up. These are not my coins (I wish), just the best examples for this purpose from my website. Eight use to be mine, and the orange 1894 is the only one I still own. Those and the two coins from the Blay collection (1877 and 1900) are the only ones I actually imaged. So I only get credit for the arrangement, not the lyrics.

Some of the credits:

The two peppermint shnaaps green CNs Gemini likes (so do I) are from Heritage (1861 & 1862). Heritage used to take beautiful digital images of selected lots, and if you check out the Santa Clara Sale you'll see they've finally listened to us and started doing that again.

The 1899 (last row, 3rd from the end -- also my icon) is also from Heritage, as are a few others.

Four of the images are from the dozens contributed to my site by Lakesammman. Two 1866s (one is an S-1 DDO), 1885 and 1889. He also now owns most of my ex. coins from this collage. All I can say about his collection of FE/IH MS, proofs, varities and patterns is, if he ever sells, go to the auction.

Seven are from Superior's June Long Beach sale of 2002, all from the John Kamauff/Angel Dees collection.

The amazing 1877 and 1900 (last row, 4th coin) are from the Blay collection.

One is from Teletrade (1900, last row, 2nd coin)

One is from Pinnacle Rarities (1898, last row, last coin)

And last but not least -- the second to last coin in the last row is Dragon's 1906, c/o a B&M auction.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.. thanks for sharing. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Paul it seem even cirulated IHC are very colorful mine ranger from ag to my favorite a lovely 09 ms65rd it does seem they are almost all diffent colored from near black 1864L the rest of the 1860s are a pretty dark chocolate. the 1877 a liter brown, an eye popping redbrown 1888 bu and the beautiful red 09rd, with the pretty lite gold tone of the 59-64 copper-nickel even have a clean pinkish 94. to me IHC are the most colorful series going. you got me to get mine out and look at them again. they are still my favorite.

my local dealer
  • Options
    If I got you to dig them out then it was worth the work Mac! Good to see you back on the forum, was wondering about you...That 09 65RD is a keeper.
  • Options
    WOW! what a beautiful group of coins. Thanks for sharing them with us. imageimage
  • Options
    yes it is a keeper and I didn't have to dig far to get it. its my 1st and only certified IHC and I show it off with pride often. the bu 88 is also very pretty I may sent that one in so to pcgs someday.

my local dealer
  • Options
    Great shots indeed, Paul.image
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Paul,
    Thanks for the new wallpaper. image

Kevin
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Paul, that reminds me of those birthday cards you used to get when you were a kid that had all the "slots" for pennies, or nickels, or dimes!

Btw, my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I'll be happy to supply you with the card if you want to put some of those coins in it image
  • Options
    I was thinking about expanding my horizons. You just convinced me.

Thank you for showing a dollar collector that even cents can be beautiful.

Jr
  • Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    Shylock,

Those are all from your collection, yes?

You're cruel! image Outstanding assets, but cruel. image
    Gilbert
  • Options
    awsome Paul,
    Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the FallColors here in NE Ga Blue ridge mountians a few miles up the road from the house IE Helen/Dalonaga
    Allen
    Love those TONED Coins, a true Addict!!!

Proud member of TCCS!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely beautiful...can't believe it took me until Sunday to look...image Like others, this will be my "wallpaper" for years to come!
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Beautiful collection. I just started to accumulate Indian pennies and you've now whet my appetite! Twowood
  • Options
    Gilbert -- I wish! I posted credits for most of their origins above, a few of which are forum members. I've been cherrypicking images for almost two years now for both the quality of the coin and the image, and combined with some of my own put this team picture together.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file