CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yawn

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

anyone has that extra 2009 ASE proof that they don't need? :p

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure about the other two, but the quarter is pop 7:

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

4523 in the '09 ASE "proofing" but they sure don't seem to come up as commonly as that = I would have guessed half that number.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some interesting items posted here so far :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    4523 in the '09 ASE "proofing" but they sure don't seem to come up as commonly as that = I would have guessed half that number.

Yeah but his is the much more rare die pair 2 "thick" DC version with less than 400 produced. I've been looking for one of those for a while.

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@renman95 said:
    One of thirteen, pfft, here's one of seven. ;)

2015-D: The first and best year. :)

I still sooo hate you :smile:

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris
    I really love the wise owl perched on the crescent moon surrounded by the circumfrence of the octagonal coin

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we have another DC thread, not that I mind. I've already posted in the other, so ill refrain, at least until he releases something new.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2017 8:53PM

Can someone explain to me the reason why most of Mr. Carr 's coins are marked "Sold Out" instead of "Discontinue"? I can understand if the coins may be restock again. But I haven't seem any with the coins that caught my eyes.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:

@7Jaguars said:

Yeah but his is the much more rare die pair 2 "thick" DC version with less than 400 produced. I've been looking for one of those for a while.

As I said, I pulled this off his website. My coin is the thin MM.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

@cmerlo1 I have those three also!

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2017 12:22AM

@BruceS said:
    Now we have another DC thread, not that I mind. I've already posted in the other, so ill refrain, at least until he releases something new.

dont understand your comment ///////////////// but I wanted to see peoples RARE DC stuff not the new products ! I dont think it matters how many threads theres no limit they come and go ! I do think some are holding out and are not posting there RARE DC items

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mighty fine pieces posted here. I took a break from coins in 2015 and 2016 and some of the best pieces were made. What's the old saying....you snooze you lose? With a little luck it won't happen in 2017.

• Options

@CascadeChris said:

@7Jaguars said:

Here is one

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some real beauties here..... I am hunting a couple.... but I am in stealth mode... B) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be said that most of Dan Carr's pieces are relatively low in mintage, but what is the cut-off for "rare"? I believe the lowest production that I have seen in this thread was seven (2015 Octagonal Gold). Nice pieces everybody!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it all, but especially renman's and CC's big gold! Yikes!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@7Jaguars said:
    Love it all, but especially renman's and CC's big gold! Yikes!

That's his big gold. I just quoted his post unfortunately :disappointed:

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to get his 64 or 65 Peace Dollar!

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody else notice his signature in the ANACS slabs are now printed instead of actually signed. That kinda bummed me out on the first I saw.

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

The 1964 Matte Proof Peace $ I own is my favorite by a point or two, 152 minted.
    I have multiples of many of his works, not to sell, (I never sell) but as possible trade for something I don't have.
    D.CArr's work is really taking off, cool to be in at the ground floor.

• Options

@bigjpst said:
    Anybody else notice his signature in the ANACS slabs are now printed instead of actually signed. That kinda bummed me out on the first I saw.

Wow. That seated gold does look like an auto-pen signature. Wonder what's up with that

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2017 3:56PM

From the ANACS website...

NOTE: Starting in 2017, for Moonlight Mint issues, ANACS will imprint a “Daniel Carr” signature onto the labels using a rubber stamp provided by Daniel Carr.
    For Moonlight Mint items that are not marked “Clark Gruber”, a special ANACS label will be used which features a Moonlight Mint logo and a hand-written signature by Daniel Carr. All submitted items that are marked “Clark Gruber” will receive a special Clark Gruber logo label.

It seems that the NOTE: cancels the previous hand written signature, so If you have the hand signed paper certificate, I would NOT recommend sending the original to ANACS. Send them a copy, as you may or may not receive the original back.

Dan Fan
  • Options

@Voyageur said:

NOTE: Starting in 2017, for Moonlight Mint issues, ANACS will imprint a “Daniel Carr” signature onto the labels using a rubber stamp provided by Daniel Carr.
    For Moonlight Mint items that are not marked “Clark Gruber”, a special ANACS label will be used which features a Moonlight Mint logo and a hand-written signature by Daniel Carr. All submitted items that are marked “Clark Gruber” will receive a special Clark Gruber logo label.

It seems that the NOTE: cancels the previous hand written signature, so If you have the hand signed paper certificate, I would NOT recommend sending the original to ANACS. Send them a copy, as you may or may not receive the original back.

Well I can't say I didn't see something like this coming with the growing popularity. I can only imagine the time it takes and hand cramps Dan gets sitting there signing 1000 or more labels at a time to send to anacs.

That statement is kind of confusing though. Is it saying that ONLY Clark Gruber issues are auto stamped and the rest is hand-signed? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2017 4:28PM

I will call ANACS and ask. My guess is that neither Moonlight Mint nor Clark Gruber issues will continue to have actual signatures.

Dan Fan
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    It could be said that most of Dan Carr's pieces are relatively low in mintage, but what is the cut-off for "rare"? I believe the lowest production that I have seen in this thread was seven (2015 Octagonal Gold). Nice pieces everybody!

Rare in any sense that involves mintages is kind of meaningless if nobody cares.

I have several technically "rare" pieces but without the proper marketing, nobody cares.

IMO the ONLY rare piece that Daniel Carr has produced is the 1964-D Peace Dollar overstrike as it consistently bring higher values over its original purchase price.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2017 10:15PM

Thanks for all of nice coins posted ! As far as rare goes I think most of you know what I mean Im not splinting hairs if you own one then you know and it makes you proud and you want to show it off !

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:

@Voyageur said:

Well I can't say I didn't see something like this coming with the growing popularity. I can only imagine the time it takes and hand cramps Dan gets sitting there signing 1000 or more labels at a time to send to anacs.

That statement is kind of confusing though. Is it saying that ONLY Clark Gruber issues are auto stamped and the rest is hand-signed? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

The Clark Gruber labels were never signed. Up through the end of 2016, the Moonlight Mint labels were hand signed. Now those have a printed signature. Yes, it was quite an ordeal to sign a whole roll of labels. I'd rather spend that time designing/sculpting/engraving/minting new items. With many other projects (not work related) that I have to do this year, it is a relief to not have to sign them.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2017 3:38AM

"1917-S" Peace Silver Dollar "B
    roken Sword" over-strike, High Relief, WW1 100th Anniversary.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

Thanks for the update Dan, now we know the answer. Keep up the good work !

Dan Fan
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well shoot. I have about 200 Dan carr coins I was going to get graded. If the signatures aren't real, I may need to rethink that. Dang it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file