Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the best way to sell unopened cases from 1970-1980?

Comments

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Grimster +111

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:

@Cakes said:
    Jenny, with the new forum software it's so easy now to post a photo. You sales would go easier if you posted a photo of either the wax cases or of a Sasquatch/Yeti. God bless!

Jenny asked me to post this for her:

Great pic, thank you. The kid in me needs another sasquatch movie, a well done one. The six million dollar man Bigfoots episodes was pretty cheesy, even though it did include Andre the Giant.

PS This alt, I mean Jenny has now started so many threads that we don't even get credit for our original jokes, people are copying them....lol

I also don't understand how it can be fun to create this sham up, what's to gain?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

@1954 said:

If my dad passed away tomorrow and left this collection to my mom. First thought, I am so pumped to own it now,

Shane

You cold, heartless bastard!!!

Just kidding.

When I read that, all I could hear is Seth MacFarlane using his Peter Griffin voice. In that vein, it is pretty funny.

Oh, it may be time to stop feeding the troll. Although, the Bigfoot picture was pretty good.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1954 said:
    Jenny
    What is so odd about this whole selling opportunity is that you are not making an effort to get it sold. I am not calling you a liar but I am not believing you either. You say that you have been running around trying to sell these items and perhaps that you have been overwhelmed by all of your material, but yet you are personally making this harder than what it needs to be. I have no idea how you landed on the PSA message board to offer this incredible collection up to other collectors. Obviously, someone has pointed you to this board for a reason. You have been given the name of the most reputable unopened dealer in the country. He could easily assist you in moving all of this material in less than 24 hours for a small fee, but you, who knows zero about cards is trying to sell this yourself. Why?
    If my dad passed away tomorrow and left this collection to my mom. First thought, I am so pumped to own it now, but let's say my mom is left with the collection without any heirs. I would NEVER let my mom have complete strangers come over to view the collection. Secondly, I would spend the time researching who to trust. Thirdly, I would hire a person to maximize and to materialize the collection for the family. You have done none of that.
    Do you realize that there are four perhaps five very large buyers of unopened material here on these boards? I know of one person right now that would stroke a check for it all right now AND pay you market value. However you are too busy traveling around for nine weeks trying to "show" the collection to tire kickers. I am exhausted reading these posts because you have sold nothing to any of us but yet you continue to produce zero proof that it exists. This is a message board with some great people and collectors. Many people here are willing to help and willing to buy, but you are making this too difficult.

I guarantee you that if you would take a case a month and sell it to this community of collectors, we could not only pay you top dollar but you could view the true enjoyment of what it means to be a collector. Your choice, but it is not this hard.

Shane

+1 Shane.

Everyone you said was correct, and there is no legit way if this collection wanted to be sold it would not have been done so within days. Having tons of people over and running around has not netted anything, and as Shane stated there are collectors on here who would pay ASAP and the deal would be done. As it is it has been 2 months of trolling, and mods should delete the thread and move along.

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

This isn't trolling, it's bad theater. He needs to call people out or wreck other people's threads in order to troll. Here a character has been created and she has a couple threads about her cases. Credit for adding supporting alts, but you still have to establish those characters to make them effective. Jenny has been established, but she needs to do something at this point. We're at that spot where she needs to evolve or make a move, or it's just lazy and you'll lose your audience.

To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigdcards said:
    This isn't trolling, it's bad theater. He needs to call people out or wreck other people's threads in order to troll. Here a character has been created and she has a couple threads about her cases. Credit for adding supporting alts, but you still have to establish those characters to make them effective. Jenny has been established, but she needs to do something at this point. We're at that spot where she needs to evolve or make a move, or it's just lazy and you'll lose your audience.

So are you suggesting Jenny go to Alt Theater classes?

Kevin

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

90% of the boobs who've posted in this thread couldn't afford it at half bbcex buy price even if it was legit. However, I'm glad they are looking out for other members on the board

Pathetic

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2016 8:31PM
    I've been called many weird things in my life, but never a "boob"...interesting. I will have a look tonight and let you know what I find. In any event Jenny, what do ya have to have for these? I'll take'em...
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options

@RipublicaninMass said:
    90% of the boobs who've posted in this thread couldn't afford it at half bbcex buy price even if it was legit. However, I'm glad they are looking out for other members on the board

Pathetic

I was okay with being called a boob and poor but the pathetic part is taking it to far. Did pathetic come to mind when you looked down while taking a pee?

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

i know a guy named "craig" that's looking to sell majority stake of his weight loss company...

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are getting off track - pics of the bo-hunk grandson and his boyfriend please.

kthxbai

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

Seems to me that.....whoa..... look at Harvak's Icon.

• Options

RipublicaninMass it seems me and you finally have a couple of things in common:

We have both been flagged for abuse in this thread.

We both seem to have thicker skins then others.

• Options

Sorry for not responding sooner but as I have been more busy than ever!

I have had much success selling to private collectors and have decided to continue to do so for the time being.

I am posting here as some collectors have asked that I open a case to share the experience with all of you.

My grandson has agreed to help me and will be posting on my behalf in relation to the sharing. Before handing things over to him I need to decide which case to share. I have identified and verified at least one wax case from every year from the year of our lord 1970 to 1979.

Which wax case would you like to see the most?

Is there a way to make a poll?

God bless and Merry Christmas to all!

Jenny
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭

Open a case of vintage cards?!
    Blasphemy

• Options

@JennyF said:
    Sorry for not responding sooner but as I have been more busy than ever!

I have had much success selling to private collectors and have decided to continue to do so for the time being.

I am posting here as some collectors have asked that I open a case to share the experience with all of you.

My grandson has agreed to help me and will be posting on my behalf in relation to the sharing. Before handing things over to him I need to decide which case to share. I have identified and verified at least one wax case from every year from the year of our lord 1970 to 1979.

Is there a way to make a poll?

God bless and Merry Christmas to all!

What a great post, if you keep dangling these unopened cases from the 70's these threads could literally go on for years.

While I don't understand the end game thank you for a great chuckle.

• Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

I know this is just trolling and it has been amusing to read, but in reality - any lack of transparency ALWAYS equals some kind of shenanigans going on.

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

@JennyF said:

The 1988 Donruss case.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

How about a case of frankincense.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread has 4,700 views :#

Daniel
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭

@KbKards said:
    The lights a little bad but they're separated by sport, then by year, then alphabetically by cello, rack, vending, wax.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHA

• Options

@tbonewilly said:
    Sorry, but I can't get this out of my head!

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
    You give me somethin' I can hold on to
    I know you think I'm like the others before
    Who saw your name and number on the wall

Jenny, I got your number
    I need to make you mine
    Jenny, don't change your number

867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

Jenny, Jenny, you're the girl for me
    Oh, you don't know me, but you make me so happy
    I tried to call you before, but I lost my nerve
    I tried my imagination, but I was disturbed

Jenny, I got your number
    I need to make you mine
    Jenny, don't change your number

867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

I got it, (I got it), I got it
    I got your number on the wall
    I got it, (I got it), I got it
    For a good time, for a good time call

Hey, Jenny, don't change your number
    I need to make you mine
    Jenny, I call your number

867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
    867-5309
    For the price of a dime I can always turn to you
    867-5309

867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

(5309) 867-5309
    (5309) 867-5309
    (5309) 867-5309

BWHAHAHAHAHAH

• Options
  • Options

I don't buy unopened, i don't like the heartache

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Best. Thread. Ever.

Next to Dr. Mike's bead thread of course.

• Options
    3BoyzTrading3BoyzTrading Posts: 798 ✭✭
    edited December 20, 2016 4:06PM

1971 obviously,if a box goes for 70K, I'd imagine an unopened case goes for $1 MILLLLIOOOOOONNN dollars! But who needs the money? If anyone is interested I have some late 1970s packs for sale in the BST, football and baseball.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is a complete joke. She has no cases of anything and she is a liar. There I said it. Until you can come up with pictures, and I mean detailed pictures of these mystery cases, than this thread is hogwash!

Merry Christmas too!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭

The thread that WILL NOT DIE!

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

@Stooge said:
    This thread is a complete joke. She has no cases of anything and she is a liar. There I said it. Until you can come up with pictures, and I mean detailed pictures of these mystery cases, than this thread is hogwash!

Merry Christmas too!

If you kill this awesome buying opportunity with your mean words the whole board will be after you :D

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2016 6:56AM

Jenny seems like someone who would post political comments on a baseball card message board.

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2016 2:24PM

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

33e.jpg 274.2K
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OddRodz said:
    Jenny seems like a Hillary supporter............. eeeeeeeeechhhhhhhhh

I'm not usually one to thread-police, but sorry bud, this board is no place for politics. There are a million other boards for that. It is probably the one thing we all agree doesn't need to be here.

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

fixed it :)

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Forget about showing us the cases, show us those blue gloves you use when opening the '78 and '79 wax packs.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

@Cakes said:

Probably also two of the handful of people who could buy something like this without convincing the wife. I just don't understand the constant piling on from people who arent even in the ballpark of making a purchase like this, even if it was the deal of a century. Message board mentality at its finest

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

PM sent...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Yeti happens to come across a case of 1970 OPC hockey please let me know.

Kevin

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Maybe they are cases of wax like these! (It does say case on them)

Or these

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

Did I win yet?

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

@RipublicaninMass said:

@Cakes said:

Probably also two of the handful of people who could buy something like this without convincing the wife. I just don't understand the constant piling on from people who arent even in the ballpark of making a purchase like this, even if it was the deal of a century. Message board mentality at its finest

Is it even possible to "pile on" something that isn't real?

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Jenny knows how to sell these cases. She obviously does not need the board to help her because she has traveled around the US selling privately without one sale here. So PSA please trash can this POS thread and let's move on. Let her and her sweet Grandson sell these cases on their own.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

I agree - this thread needs to be deleted as well as any more posts by 867-5309. This hobby is starting to get a bad rap and vibe from people who are just trolls with nothing better to do. This last month I listed some high end stuff on eBay and all I received were low ball bids, bidders who asked for literally 7-8 scans of the card which I did despite the fact there were tons of scans that could be magnified. Then when I sold the card(s) all I received were emails blasting the card(s) as being "ugly, tilted, not nice enough, I really did not sell the card to another buyer..." I also received vulgar emails calling me names, f bombs... I just shrugged it off and had fun with it since they would never do or say those things to me in person, but I have figured out I would rather sell to a smaller close knit group of fellow collectors rather than deal with morons who suck the life out of the hobby. I told one of the buyers I would be happy to post his name and writings on here since he also called out the CU posters in his diatribes.

It is obvious that Jenny is just a troll as we all know and people won't fall for this type of nonsense since there are plenty of people on here who could $$ handle the deal for all of it and be done, yet not one person has seen, heard, nor received responses from a little old lady selling her cases and asking for help. There are a lot of nice people on here who would have helped out if it was legitimate, but for someone who knows nothing of cards yet knows to run to Steve Hart at BBCE right away. It is like a grandma trying to sell a split window 1963 Corvette who know nothing about cars, but knows the owner of Barrett Jackson by heart ;)

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭

This thread = rest in peace

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

@RipublicaninMass said:

Pathetic

Good point. People should be required to post a financial statement before they have the audacity to give their opinion on an internet forum.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Yes, I agree. I couldn't afford to pay half of zero any better than I could pay all of zero. Maybe the crazy lady would care to send me a tax deductible donation. Or a baby otter.