Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the best way to sell unopened cases from 1970-1980?

124»

Comments

• Options
    1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

@Brick said:
    Don't expect to see any posts from me about this nonsense.

That counts as a post. You're now officially in the club, Ralph!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

I beg to differ. That was not me. It was a ventriloquist.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Then that's not your underpants. :o

• Options

Still have any boxes left?

Back in the hobby after hibernating for many years... Collector from the overproduced years of 1986+
  • Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭

@craignyse said:
    Still have any boxes left?

No Jenny met us all and let us have them for just $5 over the original pack prices. We would have posted pictures but we were all sworn to store the boxes at the end of the rainbow next to the pot of gold.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

a jenny for your thoughts?

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

sorry to hear about your husband....

i'd be willing to bet his close friends have basically the same collecting interests or other high quality hobbies that you would be willing to trade for.....i bet they would trade their 1950's - 1960's unopened for your 1970's.....

hint...you want to trade and grab the 1952's unopened they probably have...birds of a feather....

a couple superhero comic book guys named batman and superman.....look for issues #1 or even #2

even an upside down old stamp named "inverted jenny" you'd do well with.

hey, even large diamonds..u can only "hope"

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

I really miss Jenny. Hope to see her back with her next act. How about some 52T Mantles your grandson found in the attic? You can ask us all how to sell them and what they are worth then disappear without addressing anything we say?.

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

gross, why do we bump this thread?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    JennyFJennyF Posts: 25

My sincerest apologies for not having posted sooner. My grandson was ready to move forward with sharing the 2 1970 cases but I was approached by an international buyer before he could.

Needless to say I was offered more than I felt I could pass.

I hope you can all understand and to those who I've sold to thank you for your guidance.

God bless.

Jenny
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2017 4:45PM

I appreciate the closure. I had feared that you'd taken ill. Glad to know all is well. May your good fortune allow you to enjoy many more early bird specials.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

She sounds hot

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

@JennyF said:
    My sincerest apologies for not having posted sooner. My grandson was ready to move forward with sharing the 2 1970 cases but I was approached by an international buyer before he could.

Needless to say I was offered more than I felt I could pass.

I hope you can all understand and to those who I've sold to thank you for your guidance.

God bless.

Dang, it only took a pair of "all you can eat" passes at the local Golden Corral? I would have at least thrown in a pair of Blizzard treats at the local Dairy Queen too!..I was hoping to find the elusive rookie, Dave McDonald card :)

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am very frustrated that Jenny never shared pics of her son and his bohunk friend lifting card cases in a hot storage unit.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

No sé qué fue peor, esos casos o la noche anterior contigo. Próxima vez voy a llamar bubblebathgirl!

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭

Elvis has left the building

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    49ersGuy49ersGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭

I just bought a case of 1972 Football and Basketball from Jenny. Wired the money just hours ago. I will post the rip!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

I got the the '67 wax pack case.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    No sé qué fue peor, esos casos o la noche anterior contigo. Próxima vez voy a llamar bubblebathgirl!

lmao

• Options
    edited July 1, 2022 10:09AM

Bumping for the new members who might not understand the origin of Jenny and 867 5309.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Carefully and methodically. :)B)

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mount Rushmore thread.

Andy

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up three 1952 high number wax cases from her. I ripped all the packs, got 43 gem Mantles but I donated them to the local orphanage. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the rip. It was pretty cool. Jimmy Hoffa and D.B. Cooper helped me with the rip.

• Options

@gemint said:
    I picked up three 1952 high number wax cases from her. I ripped all the packs, got 43 gem Mantles but I donated them to the local orphanage. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the rip. It was pretty cool. Jimmy Hoffa and D.B. Cooper helped me with the rip.

You would have married the old lady if she had three 1952 high number wax cases.

• Options

That old bag never had any unopened cards.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Its likely she's more worried about extra meat on her cards these days

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭

Jenny has her collection safe and sound with Brent and Betsy's PWCC vault.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't believe this was 5 years ago!

Daniel
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2022 9:32AM

@basketballcollector said:
    That old bag never had any unopened cards.

I bet neither old nor female. I also do wonder if the scam worked. Only has to work once to be successful.

The type of Scam attempts will exist on this forum as long as first time poster is given benefit of doubt. They can scam unabated because against forum rules to state something akin to "Prove it, You Liar". The forum rules to some extent rules benefit the Confidence Person!

Then again anyone greedy enough to fall for these type of schemes perhaps is getting what they deserve????

God bless.

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)