Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the best way to sell unopened cases from 1970-1980?

Hi,

I have been selling cases of baseball cards that my late husband left behind but it is becoming very tiring to deal with all of the phone calls and visits from collectors.

I have spent time researching and there are many auction houses out there. There is also Steve Hart which many of you have suggested contacting.

At first I wanted to try and handle this all myself since that is how my husband liked to sell things (though he usually was just buying) but it is simply more than I can handle at my age.

After clearing through and organizing much of the collection I still have 20-30 cases (wax, rack pack, cellophane and vending) from most years in the 1970s.

If you have any suggestions please message me, I can schedule a phone call or visit if I feel comfortable with you or whomever you suggest working with. I'd prefer a company that has been around for many years.

I am based in Philly and make frequent trips to New York City.

God bless.
Jenny

Comments

• Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Let's see some pictures!

Matt

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

You came to the right place! Lots of buyers here!

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 925 ✭✭✭
    Call Steve hart and get his buy prices and then offer them here for 20% more than Steve would pay and see what happens
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Yes, pictures!

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    lol um?!?!
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Cash.

• Options

Im surprised that quality collection hasn't sold yet. Welcome back and please post pics. That will help sell them fast with minimal effort. Pics!
    With that kind of inventory and high value Heritage Auction house will send a representative. Thats a lot to trust a stranger to visit your house. Depends who you trust though??? Its what Im asking myself now.

• Options

I love Jenny

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

Daniel
  • Options

Is that Jenny Finch?

• Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:

Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2016 10:50AM
    The OP gas been asked several times to post photos of these cases but still hasn't done so. With the new forum platform, you don't even need to use a hosting service, either. You can upload the pics right from your computer.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Like the 75 Topps case that she had!!

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I see banned members are back under the new platform.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jenny, with the new forum software it's so easy now to post a photo. You sales would go easier if you posted a photo of either the wax cases or of a Sasquatch/Yeti. God bless!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

After you buy all of Jenny's 1970s cases, save some money so you can buy the 1986 Fleer basketball wax cases that she has in her spare bedroom.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thebaseballcardkidthebaseballcardkid Posts: 432
    edited October 14, 2016 11:41AM

I understand being leery of people. You should just sell to those who already have bought some of your cases. Im sure they got great prices on rare quality cases so would like to buy more. Did you limit how many they could buy?

Please PM me.

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

@Dboneesq said:
    After you buy all of Jenny's 1970s cases, save some money so you can buy the 1986 Fleer basketball wax cases that she has in her spare bedroom.

I am in agreement with this.

• Options

And where's your grandson anyways? On his way to the Cayman Islands?

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

The lights a little bad but they're separated by sport, then by year, then alphabetically by cello, rack, vending, wax.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think everyone would agree that we should be trusting and give people the benefit of the doubt. I also think that with the number of posts concerning this "stash" and requests for help from the board I would think that a show of good faith is in order by the potential seller. Several people have asked for photos of these claims, and like the earlier poster stated with the new software a photo request should take 20 seconds. I think at this point a photo should be posted on this site to show this is legit.

KC

• Options

That is beyond funny :)

• Options

Oh my. I blew a snot bubble funny. :D

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2016 3:39PM

No pictures = Full of.....................baloney

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    This isn't the first thread on this. There was a long thread on the BST a couple months ago. Every selling avenue was ilustrated there and has been rehashed again here. I'm lost on how these cases still exist when it was stated before on how to sell them.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭

love the bigfoot photo

• Options
    Thanks for all of the interest. I'd like to know which auction place is the best for my unopened cases.

This is all I want to discuss here. I have a discussion in the selling area where you can ask other specific questions if you would like.

I'm trying to be very careful here as these cases have proven to be much more valuable than I originally thought. I'm sorry if I don't understand everything you ask or speak of but I appreciate all of your patience.

Thanks for all the prayers, advice and well wishes.

God bless.
    Jenny
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    Collectauctions
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Prayers? Umm.... okay.

Good luck with your sales.

• Options

Ok, well I'm not religious or anything like that, but I did pray that Jenny's GoogleMaps app would malfunction and send her here. I promise not to run her off like the Jehovah's Witnesses or the local home realtors if she does make it out this way.

• Options
    edited October 15, 2016 12:27PM

You ask " What is the best way to sell unopened cases from 1970-1980? ".
    STEP 1. Actually prove you have a item for sale ( for example a PICTURE)
    STEP 2. Without Step 1, there is no Step 2

• Options

Nothing more than a farce thread from someone with too much time on their hands.

• Options
    thebaseballcardkidthebaseballcardkid Posts: 432
    edited October 15, 2016 5:22PM

@JennyF said:

I'm sorry if I don't understand everything you ask or speak of but I appreciate all of your patience.

I'm sorry Im but a caveman and new to the ways of your cardboard world. A strange world with little men living inside these pieces of cardboard. Then you imprison them in a world of plastic with strange numbers. I have boxes of imprisoned little men and would like to sell them to a good soul who will release them from their prison.

Just joking. If you don't understand what "please post a picture" means. Then look up photo, camera, or picture.
    Strange that you can use the internet, start a thread, post a reply but don't understand what post a picture means.

Why won't you sell to those who you have already sold to and trusted? Again, please PM me.

Oh, I just ripped a 1952 wax pack and found a Mantle. Im willing to trade to avoid the hassle of cash.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would contact Baseball Card Exchange.

Here's a LINK to the exchange (PRESS link - it's live).

Mike
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Stop feeding!!!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at Steve Hart and his Exchange for prices.

But if I use an auction company which should I use?

God bless.
    Jenny
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hunt Auction is in the your back yard

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

IMF, thank you for your kind response to JennyF. Many prayers to you, and God Bless.

• Options
    edited October 16, 2016 8:04AM

Auction house for what?................You have nothing to sell.

• Options

Perhaps Jenny could learn a thing or two from Smitty's, who enjoys posting photos incessantly. Quite the antithesis we got going on here.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    edited October 16, 2016 12:05PM

Show us the

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Sorry, but I can't get this out of my head!

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
    You give me somethin' I can hold on to
    I know you think I'm like the others before
    Who saw your name and number on the wall

Jenny, I got your number
    I need to make you mine
    Jenny, don't change your number

867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

Jenny, Jenny, you're the girl for me
    Oh, you don't know me, but you make me so happy
    I tried to call you before, but I lost my nerve
    I tried my imagination, but I was disturbed

Jenny, I got your number
    I need to make you mine
    Jenny, don't change your number

867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

I got it, (I got it), I got it
    I got your number on the wall
    I got it, (I got it), I got it
    For a good time, for a good time call

Hey, Jenny, don't change your number
    I need to make you mine
    Jenny, I call your number

867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
    867-5309
    For the price of a dime I can always turn to you
    867-5309

867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

(5309) 867-5309
    (5309) 867-5309
    (5309) 867-5309

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2016 12:53PM

@JennyF said:

After clearing through and organizing much of the collection I still have 20-30 cases (wax, rack pack, cellophane and vending) from most years in the 1970s.

• Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

@JennyF said:
    Thanks for all of the interest. I'd like to know which auction place is the best for my unopened cases.

This is all I want to discuss here. I have a discussion in the selling area where you can ask other specific questions if you would like.

I'm trying to be very careful here as these cases have proven to be much more valuable than I originally thought. I'm sorry if I don't understand everything you ask or speak of but I appreciate all of your patience.

God bless.

Listen, you have been given great advice time and time again. If you still have no idea which auction house or which vendors to contact...then we can not help you any further. You are not the victim here, so quit playing that card. You are obviously not 100% clueless since you found this message forum. Call Steve @ BBCE. He will help you out either through his services or he will point you in the right direction. He is a stand up guy and runs the largest and most respected unopened sports card outfit around. People on the forum trust him (hence why he's been referred to you about a dozen times).

If you continue to play the clueless widow, no one will believe a word you say. Either you are completely dense or this is a fairly decent attempt at trolling.

Now excuse me while I get into my Lamborghini to go get some coffee (just saying it makes it true....right?)

• Options

Grim - are you driving the red one or the black one today. Always get mixed up which one is your weekend car :D

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2016 7:37AM

Prayers......

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    In my experience, those who sign a forum post with "God Bless" have 2 meanings for the phrase:
    1. Passive aggressive way of saying GFYourself.
    2. Or they tend to leave out the last part of the sentence "...your upcoming PayPal case."
  • Options

Personally, I would open the cases. You never know when you'll find a Roberto Clemente rookie in a pack where it doesn't belong. It'll be the last card if you post it to share for more excitement.

• Options
    I agree. If you really have so many of these cases why not open one up for the world to see?