Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Disagree....

Comments

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

@jerseycat101 said:
    I find it ironic that the guy who has a snarky, tired comment in every toned coin thread is complaining about being disagreed with.

that's not what the disagree is for. what you are saying is you don't like a guy so no matter what he posts you will troll him and disagree. Disagree/Agree/Like are for that particular post.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is a battleground!

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2016 11:40AM

I like (no pun intended) the agree/like/LOL options. Sometimes, you want to support what the OP or a commenter is saying, but it's not something that rises to the level of requiring an essay. I think that Disagree, on the other hand, should be used sparingly and primarily in response to actual opinion statement. The hosts should find a way to monitor and sanction users who just go around and Disagree-bomb people for no good reason.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    wow, I never even knew that was available till you brought it up. my question --- can I agree or disagree with myself??

i tried that. no, you can not disagree with yourself. (sorry)

• Options
    stashstash Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

That's why it called the " Peanut Gallery " Rick ....
    Lots of peanuts out there .........

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ricko = no tarnish
    LordM = holes & CirCams
    AuroraB= toners
    Etc, etc

I'd be honored to have such a perfectly crafted and popular brand. :)
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

To funny :D

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    Ricko = no tarnish
    LordM = holes & CirCams
    AuroraB= toners
    Etc, etc

I'd be honored to have such a perfectly crafted and popular brand. :)

Try it my way, I have a perfectly crafted and unpopular brand. The coins are way cheaper.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi. I'm a veteran troll and I disagreed with your post, as well as LOL'd.

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    This thread is hilarious. I would just disagree with their disagree and agree to never disagree to agree going forward...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe4zY-JEztE

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well Ricko you are neck and neck with agrees and disagrees..........I upped you one on an agree...............any bets on which one will hit a hundred first

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options

@ricko :D I received my LOL Badge a few minute ago.........Cheers My Friend

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoever keeps disagreeing with ricko please knock it off right now.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:
    This thread reminds me of an awesome scene from the Simpsons, years ago!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vYglvcLwkK4&feature=youtu.be

Holy cow! So many people clicking buttons in this thread! Totally agree with this video reference and am posting to show that the new forum allows you embedded videos too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYglvcLwkK4
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

The phantom anonymous disagreer apparently needs attention badly.
    I really don't understand it. WE all know RickO doesn't like toning.
    Big deal, who care if he does or not? I like coins both ways: toned and untoned.
    Big deal....nobody cares what I like except me.......and I don't give a damn whether you like what I like.
    But also, even the disagreer should admit that a thread about toned coins seems incomplete without RickO's comments.
    His comments add humor to the boards, admittedly, it's a dead horse, but it's a funny dead horse.
    So, here's my bottom line: Yes, as strange as it sounds, sometimes beating a dead horse is funny.
    David Letterman made a living from beating dead horses for damn near 40 years.
    So agree to disagree with me, or agree to agree with me, or agree to liking to agree, or disagree to liking to agree, or.......hell with it. I'm going to have an oatmeal stout.
    You may agree or disagree if that is a beer you agree is a good choice on a blustery fall afternoon.
    I happen to agree,

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

OY VEY!

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2016 5:37PM
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I participate on an automotive message board that doesn't give the user a negative option. Works out better it seems.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @cladking ..Thanks for the chuckle.... :D Keeps my feet on the ground....Cheers, RickO

I'll probably get 10 "disagrees" for this but I'll try to make up for all the ones I gave you here where it's appropriate. ;)

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2016 1:24AM

A clear response back if someone was to disagree is anyones right but ill bet adding the disagree button wasnt intended for abuse of it...
    I wouldn`t worry too much Rick most of us on here consider you family and very knowlegable...

AB

• Options

@ricko said:
    @asheland..... Where's the dot?? I will agree to balance it... Cheers, RickO

:D:D

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your posts Ricko...

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElKevvo... Thank you very much.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone went through last night and disagreed with all of my posts the last week or so. I must be more disliked than I realized!

• Options

@ricko Too Bad we can't see who likes or LOL's like on FB..............I figure i'll get at least 5 disagrees for this post :D

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

What will happen if you Flag a post?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2..I do not know.... I guess it depends on what type of flag....someone flagged a couple of mine as spam... that is a joke... I do not sell things here... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think disagrees on this thread are a formality, and that every response will eventually be disagreed with. If you disagree with this, however, you can only be right if this post is never disagreed with, so you'll have to agree, which means you can't disagree. I'll request that a paradox button be added.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2016 2:00PM

I think disagrees on this thread are a formality, and that every response will eventually be disagreed with. If you disagree with this, however, you can only be right if this post is never disagreed with, so you'll have to agree, which means you can't disagree. I'll request that a paradox button be added.

Too funny!

There is one poster in particular who waits for me to post and immediately hits it with disagree or flags it. Every single time. He also went back finding old posts and tagging all of them. The other day I burped and he disagreed.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1Bustcollector said:
    Ricko - something interesting to possibly think about? I use an IPhone and sometimes when I scroll the page I accidently hit those darn emoticons. I don't know if it might be related but I find myself hitting them for no other reason than trying to scroll down the page.

I seriously think this is a likely scenario. I also use another app called "Quora" and I noticed that I was inadvertently down voting other's answers with my "fat fingers". I felt bad, but could not take them back.... I became more careful and it is not a problem anymore.
    It (the disagree icon) could be done away with and then a person would have to actually articulate an opinion of disagreement.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jedm said:

@1Bustcollector said:
    Ricko - something interesting to possibly think about? I use an IPhone and sometimes when I scroll the page I accidently hit those darn emoticons. I don't know if it might be related but I find myself hitting them for no other reason than trying to scroll down the page.

I seriously think this is a likely scenario. I also use another app called "Quora" and I noticed that I was inadvertently down voting other's answers with my "fat fingers". I felt bad, but could not take them back.... I became more careful and it is not a problem anymore.
    It (the disagree icon) could be done away with and then a person would have to actually articulate an opinion of disagreement.

Just click it again and it goes away.

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2016 2:32PM

@TomB said:
    Hey, ricko...blast white coins stink! :o:s>:)

Seriously, though, I also noticed that several posts of my own that I thought were simply short and factual were hit with the dread "dislike" tag for me, too. I guess it will all shake out in the end.

@TomB try changing your avatar! It's just so darn, well, disagreeable! It shames most Creepy Clowns I've seen.

Kind Regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file