Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Disagree....

rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of people (or maybe it is just one hater) are disagreeing with my posts... even simple posts such as in the Coin Clock project...
"Nice project.....I find the ideas that collectors come up with to be fascinating... Cheers, RickO"
What's to disagree with...??? Cheers, RickO

Comments

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

And you've been hit with SPAM twice.

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options

Took me a while to figure out what this post was about. Goofy feature for a forum (along with the other options)-- seems like a futile effort to make it similar to FaceBook. The Coin Clock project is awesome-- any "disagree" there shows how useless the feature is.

That being said, I went ahead and disagreed with this post since it's not in the correct forum :open_mouth: lol

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

ricko I thought no one looked at that glad I did not push any of them and if they did I don't give a S%@t I like the clock . lol

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

FYI - If you continue to stalk and disparage me in posts, I will flag them. I have actually "liked" many of ricko's posts and tried to help him with some forum issues.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

theres all types out there :(

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

The previous software also had the rating system based on a 1-10 rating. Many at one time or another seemed to be rated without knowing who/why.I know I did twice. If the option exists it will no doubt be used and the target of the rating never knowing who/why. The old axiom applies"you can't please everyone" and may I add at the risk of a demerit, so don't even try.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be nice if you could see who liked/agreed/disagreed with your posts. You get a popup with a list of names on similar forums.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

I received a disagree on a post with 3 different statements. I have no idea what they disagreed with or why. Not really a fan of this posting option.

my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options

@keets said:
    wow, I never even knew that was available till you brought it up. my question --- can I agree or disagree with myself??

No - unless you have multiple ids as some apparently do.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree NOT to disagree with anyone by clicking a silly little icon
    JMO

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess I haven't paid attention to that, rather I just read the comments.

This isn't facebook after all.

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

ricko - you are posts are insightful and always courteous, keep posting!!!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    1Bustcollector1Bustcollector Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2016 2:24PM
    Ricko - something interesting to possibly think about? I use an IPhone and sometimes when I scroll the page I accidently hit those darn emoticons. I don't know if it might be related but I find myself hitting them for no other reason than trying to scroll down the page.
    Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are nutjobs on the forum and the disagree feature fits into their little mindset.

The only time I really see it useful is if someone asks something like "The next US Mint release will be extremely flippable.....agree or disagree" and then when people don't want to post, they can just agree or disagree with the buttons.

Other than that, and it is just those that like to hide and try to bug people. Totally worthless.

Now, on the other hand....when Lakesammman is trying to be serious in a post, I like hitting the LOL button on him :smiley:

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rainbowroosie said:
    Thanks. I did not know there was a disagree button. I gave you one just to try it out!,

And I gave you a "Like" for that fine idea! :)

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually agree with you except concerning tarnish related issues

Can you tell who disagrees ?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just as in life some I respect more than others.
    I think the saying is" opinions are like rearends everyone has one and they all stink!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2016 4:27PM

This thread reminds me of an awesome scene from the Simpsons, years ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYglvcLwkK4

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    wow, I never even knew that was available till you brought it up. my question --- can I agree or disagree with myself??

LOL, I hadn't noticed it either! Really, who cares?

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sucks but your scorecard from your profile looks pretty good overall.

Promote

Disagree

Agree

LOL

Spam

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

To avoid any possible misunderstanding, I totally value RickO's comments.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha this is just like E-bay neg;s for every one. In this case Disagrees for every one.. Lol

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the "disagree" thing is goofy. If I have something to add that I think is of value, I'll post it. If not, I won't.
    There is already so much faceless negativity on the web, why add more?
    I don't see how hitting a "disagree" button adds any value to a discussion.

• Options
    Bob1951Bob1951 Posts: 268 ✭✭

@mannie gray said:
    I think the "disagree" thing is goofy. If I have something to add that I think is of value, I'll post it. If not, I won't.
    There is already so much faceless negativity on the web, why add more?
    I don't see how hitting a "disagree" button adds any value to a discussion.

I don't get the concept. Every post in this thread has at least 1 disagree. When you get more disagrees then agrees do you get booted?

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2016 5:09AM

@ricko said:
    .... then we can discuss it in a mature manner. Cheers, RickO

Now you're asking too much!

But I gave you an LOL instead of a disagree. :p

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@Nap said:
    Maybe if you disagree with too many posts, you should get the title "the disagreeable" or "the difficult". Then your icon should change to a troll and you can't post for a few hours.

:)

:+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file