Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Santa brought me a kidney stone for christmas.. Please post some $2.50 gold to make me feel better

Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
He also gave me some oxycodone for he pain
Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set

Comments

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. I had that once. Very painful when the stones are on the move.

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    drink lots of water or whatever.
  • Options
    lunytune2lunytune2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I drank water by the gallons for fear THEY would have to remove them ... I passed them , not pretty but instant relief . I cant take pics too well , but will try later . Good luck !
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>drink lots of water or whatever. >>

Usually correct for prescription drugs. For some, Oxy can quickly restrict the flow of things. Be careful.

I've passed two, and now drink a ton of water.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you feel better
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they hurt like heck. Get well soon.

New addition this Fall thanks to a fellow forum member.

• Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I have had umpteen kidney stones and the only thing to make me curl up in a ball and cry. If they hurt like a woman having a baby then I have had a family. Good luck and drink plenty of beer and water. Also I drink apple cider vinegar with the mother and it helps to dissolve them. Don't drink it straight. Check it out on the web.
  • Options
    BrolBrol Posts: 266 ✭✭
    My father and mother-in-law have them too. They usually use No-spa, Noshpa, No Spa, Drotaverine. It's drug from Russia I believe, but it helps. You can buy this online. My father always have this on hand. Good luck!
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....get well soon......

imageimage
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you pass it quickly. Try to catch the stone if you can and save it for analysis (hope they gave you a strainer). That may help decide what to do to prevent more of them forming. But everybody who has had a stone should drink at least 2L water a day.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has just a touch less gold than in a quarter eagle (~ .1134 troy oz. versus ~ .1209 troy oz.), but it seems appropriate for Christmas time, given that it's got a picture of Christ on one side. Here is a Venetian ducat circa 1368.

Best of luck with your stones. May Santa take them quickly away, and leave something nice in your stocking...

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had them twice. Drink as much water as you can. That was my ticket to relief. I'm on an iPad so I can't post a picture, but I'll get to it tomorrow.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG........those are terrible. I had them once and if I would have been carrying a gun I would have considered shooting myself!!!

Hope you are doing better.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went through that a couple weeks ago. Doc said : "You have an 8 mm stone up your thing". I said, "I need a 9 mm bullet to get rid of it , doc". He laughed. I cried.

MS 65 PCGS

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Flea market find, brought $280 as an MS62 on ebay:

• Options
    JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope all goes well.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    If you take calcium supplements, stop.

All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    suffered them for years. Finally found a urologist who determined cause. In my case to much uric acid. Prescribed a daily dose of Allopurinol (used for gout) and I've never had another problem.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Had one kick in during the 9th inning of a Tigers game I was at...the trek back to the car and home was, um, unpleasant.

I don't wish them on anybody. Hope the issue clears up soon!
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there and done it 4 times. Hope you pass them soon. image
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas?

'dude
    Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, no gold to post but I have felt your pain. A few times, in fact. After the last attack that had them blast the little SOB to smithereens, I have made it a mission to avoid having to go thru that again.

Now the second I feel that "twinge" in my back, I know I am not drinking enough water. If you have them, they won't just go away so you want to keep them lubricated so they don't get to moving around.
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have had umpteen kidney stones and the only thing to make me curl up in a ball and cry . If they hurt like a woman having a baby then I have had a family. Good luck and drink plenty of beer and water. Also I drink apple cider vinegar with the mother and it helps to dissolve them. Don't drink it straight. Check it out on the web. >>

I hear THAT about the pain. The one time I actually PASSED one, it drove me to my knees.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's one for a long time forumite!

Here's my '39 QE: from my 1839 circulated mint set:
    $2 1/2 1839 PCGS AU53CAC

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have a quarter eagle to post, but I feel your pain. Had a couple of them in the past couple years. One showed up the week of the Long Beach show where I was going to attend the ANA mini seminar on counterfeit detection. That was fun. Funniest part was carrying that little funnel around so the DR could get a looksy at the monster. Still have the first one. With as many spikes were on that thing it's amazing it ever got out.image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have had umpteen kidney stones and the only thing to make me curl up in a ball and cry . If they hurt like a woman having a baby then I have had a family. Good luck and drink plenty of beer and water. Also I drink apple cider vinegar with the mother and it helps to dissolve them. Don't drink it straight. Check it out on the web. >>

I hear THAT about the pain. The one time I actually PASSED one, it drove me to my knees. >>

They kin do dat or worse. Never knew I had one until I passed it. Dayam, but that was nasty. Have not had one since.

imageimage
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Just passed some sand and gravel today.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this....very painful.... mine have passed with a minimum of pain (Sharp -very sharp - fast pain at kidney....twist me right around...then gone.... I drink lots of water and green tea... no problems in last nine years...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had two bouts with kidney stones. It's not fun. One solution is keep drinking water, and stay away from milk with "fortified calcium."

Here is an 1848 "CAL." quarter eagle.

imageimage

And here is one that had a bit more than just kidney stone problems. image

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    passing them is a blessing compared to the pain of them being lodged in the lining of your kidney. for those that would rather not take the pain pill (or if you run out) here is a neat trick for jarring them loose: lay on the floor with your legs on a chair or the couch and gently slap your belly with both hands (just under your rib cage) this will usually cause them to dislodge from the kidney wall and will bring instant relief, doesn't always work but it may keep someone from cutting their own throat when the pain gets intolerable.
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file