Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Auction is CLOSED Thanx EVERYONE! When you pay remember to "GIFT" the money - You've been

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Also, I started a donation page via GoFundMe.com (sadly, they do pull a nominal fee for the service). Anyone wishing to donate, please visit Go Fund Me and make a donation. The goal is to raise an additional $5000.00 via this campaign. Additionally, I will match all donations up to the first $250.00!

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I will go to $15 ON THE 66 Topps Box.

Also want to add to the growing number of items being auctioned here, as the person in question has always been someone who was always there if I had a question, comment, or just needed help with anything in general. Praying for you and your family.

Items can be bid on separately or by lot, which ever draws the most interest.

[http://s3.photobucket.com/user/koffman/media/ringo565.jpg.html]image

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/koffman/media/61fleergomez500.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/koffman/media/48exhibitvanburen503.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/koffman/media/48exhibitluckman502.jpg.html]image[/URL]

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Mike, 125. on the Speaker and 75. on the '94 SP box on behalf of another auction house that doesn't have a CU membership to post. I'll guarantee his bids personally.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    150.00 on the 1984DR set
    200.00 on the 1983 Topps racks

I'll donate a 2002 P. Fielder "the flopping Shamoo" UD Auto PSA 10 in that funky holder...I'll fish out a jpg - but I ask that you list as stated P. Fielder "the flopping Shamoo"

75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
  • Options
    Just off the phone with our CU member.

Here's his icon which many will recognize:

His name is Jay Wolt from PA.

I would like to start with the fact that Jay is a very kind and generous supporter of others here and on other boards.

Many times he would send a "care package" filled with all kinds of ephemera when he read where someone was "down" for any reason. If you ever wanted to visit his side of the pond? He would have you over for a BBQ and a tour of the area to include historic Gettysburg.

I know Jay never thought he would be in this situation but this is his 2nd go around with a bought with cancer and will be in the hospital for the next month or so - bone marrow transplant.

I don't have to tell you what the cost is for this - but the out of pocket is devastating! And this is the 2nd time!

<< <i>Jay wanted to express his sincerest thanks for the outpour of generosity and support and is humbled by all the well wishers who've extended themselves to help in this dire time of need. "You are the best!" >>

Mike
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I'll bid $80 on the 81T vending.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    Nice gesture by all!

We're all praying, thinking, hoping for you, Jay! Kick cancer's ass!

I'll start the 2002 P. Fielder "the flopping Shamoo" UD Auto PSA 10 off at $25.

Thanks for starting and organizing, Mike!
  • Options

<< <i>Nice gesture by all!

We're all praying, thinking, hoping for you, Jay! Kick cancer's ass!

I'll start the 2002 P. Fielder "the flopping Shamoo" UD Auto PSA 10 off at $25.

Thanks for starting and organizing, Mike! >>

Thanx Chuck!
    Mike
  • Options
    For those interested?

The AH that posted the $500 for the 78T cello pack was Memory Lane - and if outbid? They're still offering the money.

Very generous of them!

Mike
  • Options
    Mike
  • Options
    I will start out the bidding on Gemint's '56/'63 lot at $40.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I don't know Jay, but I know what it's like to lose somebody close to you through a dreadful disease. And it really hurts. I can't imagine what it would be like to go through this kind of ordeal just before Christmas.

Please tell him he is in our thoughts and prayers. I'll add a couple of items for people to bid on. Same dealio: pay Mike, PM me your address. I'll take care of the rest.

1) 1985 Donruss Factory Sealed Set
    2) 1958 #87 Bobby Walston PSA 9.

• Options
    $70 on the '85 Donruss factory sealed set.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike, just saw this thread and hope I'm not too late. I'd love to donate the following items:

a unopened box of 1986 Topps baseball wax (I've had since 1986)

and the following rookie lot:

1969 Topps Reggie Jackson psa 6
    1983 Topps Tony Gwynn psa 9
    1983 Topps Ryne Sandberg psa 9
    1983 Topps Wade Boggs psa 8
    1982 Topps Cal Ripken Jr. psa 8

Feel free to break it up or keep it all as one lot- whatever you want. Hope it helps. I'll ship them out as soon as Mike tells me that payment has been received.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    "a unopened box of 1986 Topps baseball wax (I've had since 1986)"

Lets start this one @ $25
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike,

I'd like to donate for auction the following PSA graded 6-card lot, if I may:

PSA 9 1969 Topps #585 Swoboda
    PSA 8 1972 OPC #306 Boswell IA
    PSA 7 1972 OPC #269 Hahn
    PSA 7 1977 Topps #600 Palmer
    PSA 9 1981 Topps #456 Bell
    PSA 9 1981 Topps #179 Edwards

I will also add to the lot: one case fresh 1982 Topps BB grocery rack pack

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I will bid 125.00 on the Reggie Rookie plus 80s rookie lot.

This thread is exactly why I hang out here.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    LOT #39

I was just digging through some of my boxed up stuff, looking for some more items to donate, and I stumbled across an old box that I think will be very fitting for this auction.

There's a little story behind it too ... that might help shed some light on what kind of guy Jay Wolt is:

Many years ago, I mentioned to Jay that I worked with a local youth group that helped kids in need. We basically do things like back packs for schools, Thanksgiving dinners, clothes, food, Children's hospital baskets, and Christmas toy drives. I told him that I'd often slip little stacks of newer football cards into the backpacks, clothes pockets, and in with the toys, etc. ... to try and bring an extra smile to a kid, and maybe even spawn some future collectors. It was basically a quick little comment I made in the middle of a much longer conversation about cards and our collections.

About a week later, I received a huge box on my porch. Inside of it was a couple of those 10,000 count monster boxes filled to the brim with random baseball and football cards, and a note from Jay saying; "put them to good use for me."

Over the next few years, little packets of Jay's cards made their way into the hands of hundreds of kids ... bringing a small moment of joy into a child's life that might otherwise not have many. I had the privilege of receiving tons of "thank yous!" and smiles from kids on behalf of Jay's cards. He helped touch many people's lives through his generosity.

I thought I had used up all of his cards, but I just stumbled across a small dusty box with maybe 500 cards left in it . So here's my idea ... I'll auction off Five 100 card lots, and the winners, in keeping with Jay's wishes, can help spread some more joy this holiday season by giving them away to needy kids in their area. It doesn't take much effort to do it. You can drop them off (or even mail them) to your local hospital, the salvation army, foster homes, churches, shelters, food kitchens, etc.

While the monetary value of these batches may be small, the provenance behind them is massive ... They come from the collection of a guy with a huge heart, that helped make hundreds of kids smile. You'll also get the honor and reward of helping Jay gain a few more smiles this holiday season!

So let's start them at $5 each, and see where they go.

1) 100 count box of Jay's cards ... to donate to kids.
    2) 100 count box of Jay's cards ... to donate to kids.
    3) 100 count box of Jay's cards ... to donate to kids.
    4) 100 count box of Jay's cards ... to donate to kids.
    5) 100 count box of Jay's cards ... to donate to kids.

LOT #39

Same procedure as the others. Pay Mike (Stone193), and I'll ship them out.

Happy Holidays everyone, and remember to keep Jay and his family in your prayers.

- Mike T.

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Mike
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    $100 on Reggie rook

I originally bid 200 on all but it looks like we are breaking them up
    Wondo

• Options
    Thanx Tim

Up for auction:

1. 6 Topps card lot

2. 82T Grocery Rack
    Mike
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    This isn't going for auction - I'm keeping this- but I thought it might be nice for everyone in this thread to see the person being helped.

Jay has been on a real team issued baseball card.

• Options
    Darn,

Don't wanna be cheap - $150 on the Reggie rook please
    Wondo

• Options
    nevermind - I am having trouble keeping track. I'm gonna step back.
    Wondo

• Options

<< <i>$100 on Reggie rook

I originally bid 200 on all but it looks like we are breaking them up >>

Thanx John - I thought the Reggie alone was a great card - and many may have a Ripken and not a Sandberg e.g.

So, I'll take your Reggie bid! image
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I will bid 125.00 on the Reggie Rookie plus 80s rookie lot.

This thread is exactly why I hang out here. >>

Nate - I broke the lot up to get more interest - some may not be able to afford a lot that size and the Reggie is cool alone IMO.

So, I'll let you rethink your bid.

Thanx!
    Mike
  • Options
    What a tremendous thread. Things like this restore my faith in humanity.
  • Options
    IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT A LOT?

PLEASE PM ME.
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike
  • Options
    50.00 on Boggs psa 9
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>50.00 on Boggs psa 9 >>

Might want to recheck - it's an 8 Nate.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

Might want to recheck - it's an 8 Nate. >>

For Jay, I'll pay 50.00 for an 8.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Might want to recheck - it's an 8 Nate. >>

For Jay, I'll pay 50.00 for an 8. >>

You're a good man. image
    Mike
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    $40 on the 83T Gwynn PSA 9.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, I'd like to offer $90 for the '81 vending box.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    One of my twin son's name is Jay so I want to add another card.

The card is VG due to corner wear and a surface wrinkle.

1968 Topps Mickey Mantle VG

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Mike- a few more bids:

85D set - $90
    86T Wax - $50

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>1968 Topps Mickey Mantle VG. The card is VG due to corner wear and a surface wrinkle. >>

FIFTY BUCKS FOR DA MICK
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Mike
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike, I think tennesseebanker bid up the 66 display box to $15, but in the spirit of things, I will up it to $20. The 75 still sits at $10.

I'll also throw $5 out there on the Lefty Gomez card, if it has no bids.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I'll bid 50 for the Walston psa 9. Hopefully it generates a lot more than that

• Options

<< <i>Hey Mike, I think tennesseebanker bid up the 66 display box to $15, but in the spirit of things, I will up it to $20. The 75 still sits at $10.

I'll also throw $5 out there on the Lefty Gomez card, if it has no bids. >>

My bad - I thought they were one lot!

I'll change that - thanx!
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG guys ... a quick look at the bids and it seems that we are up to $2,400.00 already!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

I will bid up the 66 Topps box to $25 and the 75 box to $15

• Options
    Mike
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll up the '68 Mantle to $100.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Mike I will bid on lots

#34 lot Ripken Rookie $20
    #38 lot rack pack $30
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭
    Mike is there a Paypal address where people could donate instead of bidding?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658