Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2013 BBCE PSA Group Break #4.......LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Apparently there's a slowpoke in the hizzy, and that someone would be me! Apologies for my tardiness -- I'm in the paid camp now.

Yeoman's work again, Marky Mark & the BBCE bunch! >>

I likey like....LOL. However, I am more fond of "The Notorious M.A.R.K." image >>

I thought it was Biz-Mark-BBCE!

Steve.... You got what I need..... >>

And you say he's just a friend.....
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    Sorry for the tardiness, but.....

Benjamin, you have sent $73.13 USD to Steve Hart

Paid!!!
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    Paid!
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nathanael, you have sent $200.33 USD to Steve Hart.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    How did that rap song go?

"BBCE yeah you know me !!!!"
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    paid!

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭
    paid
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    bb141516bb141516 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    bb141516bb141516 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    This my first group break and was wondering when the items are shipped? Do they ship when you pay or after everyone has paid? Thanks
  • Options
    Paid.

Jason
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I'd say in another day or two it'll be time to start checking the mailbox, no?
  • Options
    Payment sent, sorry for delay.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd say in another day or two it'll be time to start checking the mailbox, no? >>

Not a great plan for the West Coast, but with a name like BigRedMachine, I think it makes sense.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd say in another day or two it'll be time to start checking the mailbox, no? >>

Not a great plan for the West Coast, but with a name like BigRedMachine, I think it makes sense. >>

I'm just one state away!! image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

I'm just one state away!! image >>

829.46 miles for me!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    42.16 miles for me.
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    295.3 miles for me, or an approx. drive time of 4 hrs and 29 minutes.
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys,

Been figuring out who hasn't paid. I have sent PM's to every who hasn't posted on the thread that they have paid.

BUNT - I need for you to turn on your PM and let me know if you have paid or not or post on this thread.

BTW, I was very disappointed with the number of participants. Only 107 people..........................are you kidding me. That is incredible. I remember the days when 50 was a lot and that was not long ago.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    paid up yesterday
  • Options
    Mark,
    Thanks again for putting this together. Boxes and packs came today. Everything looks great. Just curious, does Steve usually put "from sealed case" on his stickers when they are? Was hoping the boxes would have that on them, but not a big deal at all. Very pleased with the quality of the boxes and packs.

Mike
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mark,
    Thanks again for putting this together. Boxes and packs came today. Everything looks great. Just curious, does Steve usually put "from sealed case" on his stickers when they are? Was hoping te boxes would have that on them, but not a big deal at all. Very please with the quality of the boxes and packs.

Mike >>

I dont think that the 1982 topps case was "sealed". If memory serves the seal on the case was broken when Steve bought it. So, I dont think that it can be called "from sealed case"

• Options

<< <i>Hey Guys,

Been figuring out who hasn't paid. I have sent PM's to every who hasn't posted on the thread that they have paid.

BUNT - I need for you to turn on your PM and let me know if you have paid or not or post on this thread.

BTW, I was very disappointed with the number of participants. Only 107 people..........................are you kidding me. That is incredible. I remember the days when 50 was a lot and that was not long ago.

Mark >>

sorry, paid the day we were allowed to pay.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Guys,

Mark >>

That was by far the biggest group rip i was part of. And its only a year.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mark,
    Thanks again for putting this together. Boxes and packs came today. Everything looks great. Just curious, does Steve usually put "from sealed case" on his stickers when they are? Was hoping te boxes would have that on them, but not a big deal at all. Very please with the quality of the boxes and packs.

Mike >>

I dont think that the 1982 topps case was "sealed". If memory serves the seal on the case was broken when Steve bought it. So, I dont think that it can be called "from sealed case" >>

I know it was not an "x-out" case so I would assume the case is original if it was full which I believe it was.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Because I forget -- UPS insured is generally signature required, correct?
  • Options
    91.7 miles away - package arrived yesterday.

Thanks Mark for putting this together.
    Brian

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Paid!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Received my stuff today!! Haven't really gone through it all yet but did notice that none of the boxes were marked as from a sealed case, but they look really nice. The 85 Donruss box has a Gooden and Sandberg on the box bottom and they don't appear to be scuffed at all.
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    I have paid. Sorry for not noting previously.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    I have paid. Thanks and good luck to all in your rips!
  • Options
    I am in San Diego and I paid late. So I dont expect it until Friday, Monday the latest....
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Package arrived today but have not opened it yet.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    I haven't received mine yet but I'm definitely going to be disappointed if they didn't put "From a sealed case" on the sticker - especially on the '83 cello box which is certainly more valuable coming from a sealed case.

Doug
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't received mine yet but I'm definitely going to be disappointed if they didn't put "From a sealed case" on the sticker - especially on the '83 cello box which is certainly more valuable coming from a sealed case.

Doug >>

+1

They've done it in the past so hope they did it again here.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I had the 82 & 83 wax boxes along with the 85 fleer & donruss and none had that they were from a sealed case...I didn't get a cello box though so not sure if they have it noted or not.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Got my package today of all football packs. Will open some of them later tonight.

One of the 1984 Cellos has Joe Theismann on the top which is pretty cool.
  • Options
    Package just arrived via UPS. image
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Got it and rip city. Not one of my better rips at all. Started good with an 84f mattingly, then both gwynn and sandberg in one 83t rack, but all were oc. I opened one pk of minis and it was a horror. diamond cuts throughout, cards facing in wrong directions, backs getting both gum and wax. 78 fb all oc. nice 85 montana and a couple of nice 89 score. The 84 fb rack was brutally oc all around.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I've had a chance to rip a few packs...same thing for me on the 84 Football rack, not a single centered card, but it was fun. The best card was a Walter Payton. Pulled a Phil Simms rookie the was sharp but a bit off centered, probably an 8. Nothing else really of note, but I only opened the rack pack and a couple others.
  • Options

<< <i>Got it and rip city. Not one of my better rips at all. Started good with an 84f mattingly, then both gwynn and sandberg in one 83t rack, but all were oc. I opened one pk of minis and it was a horror. diamond cuts throughout, cards facing in wrong directions, backs getting both gum and wax. 78 fb all oc. nice 85 montana and a couple of nice 89 score. The 84 fb rack was brutally oc all around. >>

Yikes! Looks like these mini boxes and cases are all from batch numbers we hoped to avoid.

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Got it and rip city. Not one of my better rips at all. Started good with an 84f mattingly, then both gwynn and sandberg in one 83t rack, but all were oc. I opened one pk of minis and it was a horror. diamond cuts throughout, cards facing in wrong directions, backs getting both gum and wax. 78 fb all oc. nice 85 montana and a couple of nice 89 score. The 84 fb rack was brutally oc all around. >>

Yikes! Looks like these mini boxes and cases are all from batch numbers we hoped to avoid. >>

Crap!

aconte
  • Options
    Opened up 1 of my 4 1981 Topps FB packs. Got the card below. Opened one of the 1984 Cellos and Wax packs and pulled junk. Out of my 2 1989 Score packs I got a Andre Rison RC and 3 Jerry Rice cards total.

Any idea if this is consider OC on the front or back enough to knock the grade down? 3 sharp corners on it and the one corner has just a slight touch to it.

What do you think this would grade out at?
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not an expert on this set but I have owned this card as a PSA 8 and I now have a PSA 9. It looks like an 8 or an 8.5 to me, which is a pretty good return on your ripimage I think the front centering is actually good for this set. I don't think the centering is good enough for 9 though especially with a potentially touched corner too. Not sure if the back centering would get you a qualifier or drop the grade any more or not. Good luck though if you submit. Very solid 8 or 8.5 with a chance at a 9. Definitely worth a shot.

Very nice card. Congrats!

Steve
    Steve
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any idea if this is consider OC on the front or back enough to knock the grade down? 3 sharp corners on it and the one corner has just a slight touch to it.

What do you think this would grade out at? >>

Nice pull! I did a rough estimate on the centering and you are looking at 58/42 T/B and 57/43 L/R, which would put you withing centering guidelines for a Mint grade. I think you are looking at a solid 9. Congrats!
  • Options

<< <i>I am not an expert on this set but I have owned this card as a PSA 8 and I now have a PSA 9. It looks like an 8 to me, which is a pretty good return on your ripimage I think the front centering is actually pretty good for this set as an 8. I don't think the centering is good enough for 9 though especially with a potentially touched corner too. Not sure if the back centering would get you a qualifier or drop the grade any more or not. Good luck though if you submit. >>

The 4th corner is just slightly not perfect (I am a perfectionist so it may be considered ok to most people). image

Never subbed any 1981s before and the back centering is what concerns me. Happy about the front centering since most of the other cards in the pack have issues.

The one thing you can see on the back picture is at the top it doesn't look like it was cut perfectly. Some "fuzzies" coming off of it but it doesn't look damaged at all. Guessing this can't be good for the grade, unless this is common on 1981s.

Would be thrilled to get an 8 out of it. I will have to post up better pics tomorrow.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to add the back centering looks to be around 76/24, so you are still within the 90/10 guidelines.
  • Options
    I would say you have a solid 8 there. Don't see a 9, but possibly an 8.5. Congrats on the pull!

• Options
    Nice Montana. I pulled two on these breaks with your corner and centering I say 8 or 9(oc). Most likely an 8.

My box arrived yesterday to NJ. 4 75 packs are banging on the walls.
  • Options
    We have completely finished shipping out all the orders. We only have 1 person who hasn't paid and I will let Mark know. Thanks to everyone! Just a few issues:

1) Paypal is awful. For some reason, we only get about 80-85% of the e-mail notifications from paypal when a payment hits our account. Therefore, we had to go into paypal and review every single payment received starting Sept 2nd until now. That is several hundred per day. We managed to find some people from the group rip who paid, but we were never notified by paypal with an e-mail. Therefore, a few shipments didn't go out until today.

2) There was a problem/mix up with 1983 Topps football wax/cello. Most people who ordered 1983 Topps football cello will either not get them or will get wax packs. Please notify me directly at: bbcexchange@sprintmail.com and I will take care of any refunds due from there.

3) On only a few orders, we possibly put you down for 1982 Topps baseball wax packs, but should have been cello packs. We can tell this because we were short a few packs here and there with what is remaining. Again, just e-mail me at: bbcexchange@sprintmail.com and I will deal with each issue that may occur.

4) I have heard the 84 football rack box had pretty ugly centering. Since we don't ever look at the cards on boxes that came from a sealed case, that is kind of the way it goes. However, Rick did say in shipping them he saw a major rookie on top of one pack and on the bottom of another! Lets see where they end up!

Thanks, Steve hart

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Steve. Can you comment on the questions about not having 'from a sealed case' noted on the BBCE info cards? I haven't received mine yet but I did purchase three boxes (I think) from a sealed case expecting that it would be noted as such on the sealed label.