Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2013 BBCE PSA Group Break #4.......LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    First off guys, I apologize for not getting the 75 mini box up last night. Long story short, went the South Carolina game on Thursday night, got home at 1. Back up at 6 to take the girls to school and fell asleep on the couch at 6:00 pm last night. LOL.

I have added the 4th box. I updated first with the guys that missed out on the 3rd box. I then gave anybody who reserved last night their spots (seemed to me like the fair thing to do).

Bunt - I REALLY appreciate your kindness but if it is OK with you, I would like to let someone who collects 75 minis take that pack.

Sluggo - I updated with your name for the 85 fleer box.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    If I can, I'd like to add 2 packs of the 75 minis.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    I'll take 2 more if I can
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 2 more minis if available

• Options
    jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    I'll take 2 '75 mini packs

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Ill take 2 '75 mini packs.
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    I'll take 2 75 mini packs Mark.

Thanks,

Paul
  • Options
    I would like 2 more 75 mini packs.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    (2) 75 minis if available.

Robb
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Hi 2 minis please.

Thanks
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    I will take 2 more Minis please...thanks
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    Mark
    Please put me down for max amounts of packs 75's.
    Thanks.
    Tyler
    dty
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • Options
    Updated through DTY.

The break is now closed. Payments can begin on Tuesday. Please do not pay before then. Also, please be patient with Steve. This is a monster break and will probably take him a week to get everything sorted, packed and shipped.

A few stats:

Total $ sold - $24,129
    Total boxes - 160
    Total packs - 1,472

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    buntbunt Posts: 625

• Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Impressive work Mark!
    Thanks again for running these breaks.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark, didn't I get in on the fourth mini box? I missed out on the third one and posted between Grote and yanksfan1976.

Thanks for putting this together. It's a lot of work to do.
  • Options
    You can take my one pack if cincyredlegs would change it
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Impressive work Mark!
    Thanks again for running these breaks. >>

+1

Herculean effort, Mark! And very much appreciated!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Thank God it is over ! ! ! Ha Ha Ha

($512.34 later) image

I tried to resist the Minis but just couldn't.

(4) Minis and a box for the closet and 23 Racks/Packs to rip.

Woohoo can't wait til next week.

Super job again mark.

Thank you,

Joe

• Options

<< <i>Thank God it is over ! ! ! Ha Ha Ha

($512.34 later) image

Super job again mark.

Thank you,

Joe >>

I don't even want to do the math on mine, Joe, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Would anyone be interested in taking my place for one of the 1985 Fleer Wax Boxes? If that is allowed in the rules of the break I would like to give up my spot. Thanks, Steve >>

Hey Steve,
    I'll take the '85 Fleer box if that's cool with Mark. Let me know!

Brian >>

Brian,

Looks like Mark made the switch for the 1985 Fleer Box. Thanks for taking my place. And thanks Mark for being on top of everything. Great job with setting up the break. Would you like to score us a 5th 75 Mini box? If so, I will reserve my 2 packs nowimage
    Steve
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thank God it is over ! ! ! Ha Ha Ha

($512.34 later) image

Super job again mark.

Thank you,

Joe >>

I don't even want to do the math on mine, Joe, LOL! >>

I'll know how much the damage is once BBCE hits the CC.
  • Options
    GemMint - Sorry about that. I missed you. I have fixed and gave you the last two packs.

What, nobody wants to add some more stuff????? LOL. Yeah, I think everyone's pocket book is going to hurt next week.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    I'll take a couple Mini slots if anyone backs out.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>GemMint - Sorry about that. I missed you. I have fixed and gave you the last two packs.

What, nobody wants to add some more stuff????? LOL. Yeah, I think everyone's pocket book is going to hurt next week.

Mark >>

Mark, thanks so much for organizing this. You've done a masterful job. I just tallied my order...and, well...things aren't looking so pretty. I just had a drunken one-nighter with wax packs. image

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GemMint - Sorry about that. I missed you. I have fixed and gave you the last two packs.

Mark >>

Thanks Mark!
  • Options
    Mark is AWESOME!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>I'll take a couple Mini slots if anyone backs out. >>

3boyztrading - I have one pack of the minis that you can take. Was going to give that to cincy but he doesn't collect the minis. If he will update the list from the 3rd box with you replacing me that is fine.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll take a couple Mini slots if anyone backs out. >>

3boyztrading - I have one pack of the minis that you can take. Was going to give that to cincy but he doesn't collect the minis. If he will update the list from the 3rd box with you replacing me that is fine. >>

Done. Thanks Bunt.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Mark, Steve ought to put you on payroll! LOL! Thanks again for a job well done! image

• Options

<< <i>Mark, Steve ought to put you on payroll! LOL! Thanks again for a job well done! image >>

Just to hear to serve my friends on the boards. image

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for coordinating this!
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    If anyone wants to take my 85 Fleer baseball box, I would give it up. If no one is interested, I will just keep it.
    Joel
  • Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    If I keep my packs I just bought sealed in the envelope Steve sends them to me in, are they already worth more than what I'm about to pay because of the BBCE tape premium?
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    Mark, I will take the 85 Fleer box if jwgators wants to give it up. Thanks for all your hard
    work putting this together.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>If I keep my packs I just bought sealed in the envelope Steve sends them to me in, are they already worth more than what I'm about to pay because of the BBCE tape premium? >>

Yes!

Keep your orders from BBCE sealed, ask Steve for an LOA, and then try to sell them for 417% above BBCE's current buy prices in a convoluted auction process that has zero transparency.

Money in the bank. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    Mark,

I doubt it happens but if anyone else backs out on a 75 mini I will take it. Thanks again.

Steve

(This is just a note for myself: $534.76 before shipping/insurance.)
    Steve
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>If I keep my packs I just bought sealed in the envelope Steve sends them to me in, are they already worth more than what I'm about to pay because of the BBCE tape premium? >>

Jon ... if Steve also packages them in another box ... DO NOT OPEN IT! The hell with knowing if the correct items are in the box, just ASSuME they are and then add another $100.00 or so to your asking price.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

Jon ... if Steve also packages them in another box ... DO NOT OPEN IT! The hell with knowing if the correct items are in the box, just ASSuME they are and then add another $100.00 or so to your asking price. >>

I actually did this a few years ago with an order from Steve, a large one. I knew if I opened it, things would get torn to shreds!!!

I made a purchase from Matt Miller like 4 months back, several boxes....still sealed. I better go check that one,lol. Now that one kept sealed carries a premium. Matt is as honest as it gets like Steve!

Thanks Mark for putting this Awesome break together. Although I miss doing them at times, can't say it's not bad sitting on the sidelines... image

Your the best buddy, hope you and the kids are doing great.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    [Q<< I'll take a couple Mini slots if anyone backs out. >>

3boyztrading - I have one pack of the minis that you can take. Was going to give that to cincy but he doesn't collect the minis. If he will update the list from the 3rd box with you replacing me that is fine. >>

Done. Thanks Bunt.

Mark
    Q]

Thank you gentlemen! I'll have it shipped to my brother so it'll be kept sealed. I visit once a year so we'll see how tempting the packs get over the holidays.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys,

If any wants a 1985 Fleer Baseball Wax Box from the sealed case, I'll bow out as I'm way, way over budget. If not, I'll find a bank to knock off. image

Awesome job as always Mark.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Been on the forums for awhile now, but just started posting a few months ago. First group break and very excited to get the boxes/packs. Want to throw a big thank you out to cincyredlegs for putting this together and another to those on the boards I have dealt with thus far. Seems like a great group.

Mike

P.S. Spent more than I should have on the break, but what's a few more hours of overtime, lol. Didn't see the 85 Donruss boxes, so if anyone wants to unload theirs, lmk.
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Mark did (does) a great job with the break(s), and assisted me out with a few things this time around. Thanks a lot!

Anybody up for doing something like an optional donation towards the Group Rip MC when we pay Steve? When you call or Paypal add even just a buck apiece towards Mark's packs?
  • Options

<< <i>Mark did (does) a great job with the break(s), and assisted me out with a few things this time around. Thanks a lot!

Anybody up for doing something like an optional donation towards the Group Rip MC when we pay Steve? When you call or Paypal add even just a buck apiece towards Mark's packs? >>

I would definitely be good with that. If everyone who is willing to put an extra dollar on their order for Mark's packs posts here we can keep tabs and Mark can just deduct that from his total. Count me in. Mark, just let us know if you would accept this small token of our gratitude for your work for your fellow board members. I will even volunteer to do the counting for you Mark, so you don't have to put any more work in for this.

Steve
    Steve
  • Options
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR if anyone drops out of the basketball please let me know
  • Options
    So my order is going to be one wax box and six individual packs. Am I calculating it correctly that shipping is going to be $12?

Also, I will gladly throw an extra buck toward Mark's packs onto my order if someone comes up with an efficient way to consolidate the suggested 'thank you' present.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

<< <i>So my order is going to be one wax box and six individual packs. Am I calculating it correctly that shipping is going to be $12?

Also, I will gladly throw an extra buck toward Mark's packs onto my order if someone comes up with an efficient way to consolidate the suggested 'thank you' present. >>

Walter,

Your shipping costs should be $10 total.

BTW guys, I appreciate your kindness of throwing in a few bucks for me but it isn't necessary. I really do appreciate the kindness though. How about a "shout out" to all the good guys on the board.

Makr
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    I also really appreciate all the work you put into setting these rips up Mark. How about you just post your pay-pal address and everyone that would like to can send you a gift payment for your efforts. Then you can buy yourself a little something for all the hard work.

Jeff
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Last chance for someone to pick up a 1985 Fleer Wax Box before I pay tomorrow.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    It's Tuesday in New York! Goodnight all!

Douglas, you have sent $87.88 USD to Steve Hart.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.