Home Sports Talk

SF Giants 2013 off-season thread: SF add OF Mike Morse for 1 yr/ $6m

Comments

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    As one who's been there before, John Smoltz thinks Lincecum would make a solid reliever.

I also noticed that the A's called up former Giants rookie Danny Otero. He won the Harry S Jordan Award out of Spring Trianing in 2012 and started the season in the bullpen. He struggled and got demoted, then got a call up in September. Near the end of Spring Training 2013, the Giants waved Otero to clear a spot for Gaudin. The Yankees initially picked up up, then waved him and the A's picked him up. As things would turn out, Otero's been a fantastic righty relief pitcher for the AAA Sacramento (0.99 era, 0.549 whip). That's the thing the Giants need. image Oops.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
    Cain shut down a good team in their own park yesterday. Bum shut down another good team in their own park today. Awesome.

Bum's final line: 7 ip, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk, 10 strikeouts. DOMINANT.

4-3 on Road-ageddon with 2 left to play. Instead of getting their asses handed to them, they've come out fighting, even though our regluar 1, 2, and 3 hitters are all hurt.

Tonight wasn't a great night for the replacements. Arias did good, 2-4 with a run scored, but Torres and Abreu went 0-8 (though Abreu walked and scored).

Still, Posey and Pence are red hot and are finding ways to get it done.

That 9th inning kinda sucked. Romo gave Arias a double-play grounder to end the game, and he whiffed on it and got nobody out. Then a hit, then a walk (close pitch that didn't go Romo's way), then a hit, game over. The fact that Romo hasn't pitched since last weekend is probably contributing to this.

Game seemed to start going sideways half way through the game when the offence started up with it's RISP ineffectiveness. Then the guy who's supposed to be the plus defender whiffs on a routine ball and ends up contributing to the blowing of the game. Sigh.

So, Giants are now 4-4 on Road-ageddon.

• mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭
    Despite the loss, the SF bats looked good against Minor. Minor's been sharp of late.

Sunday should be a dandy. Teheran vs. Lincecum.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

<< <i>Despite the loss, the SF bats looked good against Minor. Minor's been sharp of late. >>

Yeah, the fact that the Giants are putting up run even though the opening day 1, 2, and 3 hitters are all hurt is surprising, but welcome.

<< <i>Sunday should be a dandy. Teheran vs. Lincecum. >>

Young stud climbing the mountain vs a former young stud who reached the top and fell down, hitting ever rock along the way.

Teheran held the Giants to 3 runs in 7 innings when he faced them at AT&T earlier this year.

Lincecum went 7 scoreless when he faced them at AT&T earlier this year.

Lincecum needs to start producing, because now every journalist talks about "Timmy to the pen?" after every start.

• WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Despite the loss, the SF bats looked good against Minor. Minor's been sharp of late.

Sunday should be a dandy. Teheran vs. Lincecum. >>

As I understand it, Teheran looks like a great pitcher in the making. On the other hand, while Atlanta might still remember Lincecum from his 2010 NLDS performance, that is all but a distant memory for us on this side. Since last year his career trajectory has resembled that meteorite that dropped on Russia a few months ago.

I totally missed Saturday's game. Upon watching the recaps, that 4th ball call was absolutely horse excrement.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

<< <i>Despite the loss, the SF bats looked good against Minor. Minor's been sharp of late.

Sunday should be a dandy. Teheran vs. Lincecum. >>

Easy win for the Braves. Giants never even showed up. I think that's called a forfeit.

Watching the Dodgers get ready to lock up Clayton Kershaw for 7 years at almost $26m per makes me wonder... what if the Giants locked up Tim Lincecum for the same kind of deal after he won his 2nd Cy Young Award? I know the Giants wanted to, but Lincecum kept going year to year at the advice of his agent. Maybe he should fire his agent?

<< <i>Watching the Dodgers get ready to lock up Clayton Kershaw for 7 years at almost $26m per makes me wonder... what if the Giants locked up Tim Lincecum for the same kind of deal after he won his 2nd Cy Young Award? I know the Giants wanted to, but Lincecum kept going year to year at the advice of his agent. Maybe he should fire his agent? >>

Remember before last year when they were trying to extend Cain and him at the same time and he turned down $120 million? Between then and now the more I believe the team dodged a bullet.

Kershaw is one of the very few guys on the Dodgers who are actually pulling their weight. If anyone on that team has to be offered an obscene contract it's him.

Also in other news, Zack Wheeler is about to make his major league debut. Now we'll get to see how that Beltran trade ultimately pans out.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭
    With the trajectory of the cable deals where pricing keeps going up, I imagine that player contracts for superstars will continue to rise as well. Despite Lincecum's situation, I think his agent had the right idea. What might be a 5 year 100 million deal today could easily be a 5 year 120 million next year and perhaps a 5 year 150 million deal in a few years.

I honestly think MLB contract values are about to explode. We haven't seen anything yet, given where future TV contracts will enrich certain ballclubs.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

<< <i>

<< <i>As for Gary Brown, what's the deal with the guy? I don't follow the minor leagues too much but I know that he's basically fallen off the radar after being touted as a top prospect for several years. >>

After a fantastic 2011 season in San Jose (.336/.407/.519, 14 homers, 53 stolen bases), he stumbled in 2012 with AA Richmond (.279/.347/.385, 7 hr, 33 sb), and face-planted so far in 2013 with AAA Fresno (.228/.293/.367, 5 hr, 6 sb).

Apparently he was refusing to listen to coaching advice about his batting stance, and continued to dig himself into a hole. This past weekend while pulling down another 0-fer and seeing his horrid average for the month go down to .103, he caved and talked to the coaches, made some quick adjustments, and has gone 8-13 over his past 3 games, with 3 doubles and a pair of homers.

Whether or not this sticks, who knows. >>

In the 4 games since I posted this, Brown's gone 5 for 16 with 1 double, 2 homers, and a couple of steals. He's on a bit of a hot streak right now.

4th place!

Lousy game involving a "drunk" lineup card and a manager error late in the game involving a useless double-switch.

If the Giants keep playing like this, we should get a good draft slot next year.

• 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Arizona in a predictable free fall (3-7 in their last 10) will let the giants back into first place.

Season still a long ways from over, but the Giants have the most talent in the division and in long seasons talent typically wins out.
    Seriously, when asked why he put Crawford batting 3rd, Boch said "Maybe I got into the wine a little too much last night."

Anyways, Giants gutted out a pair of wins vs the now-powerful Padres, who just finished slaughtering the D-Backs in SD.

Fun to see the little show in the 2nd when Guzman paid for his little homer celebration last night.

The Giants are likely going to look for a starter soon. So far, two guys have voiced their enthusiasm about the idea of playing for the Giants: Bud Norris of the Astros and Ricky Nolasco of the Marlins. Of course, being that they both play for the worst teams in their respective leagues, ANYWHERE would be a move up.

Giants win 2 of 3 from the Padres, which in itself seemed against the odds. My initial prediction was the Padres would win 2 of 3 or sweep. The Marlins have the worst record in the majors but they always seem to do well against the Giants.

Colin Kaepernick throwing out the first pitch tonight. Maybe he could be in the starting rotation. He can throw in the mid 90's and could probably do no worse than 3/5 of the rotation.
    I'm on the East Coast right now so I didn't see the game. I just know that they lost to the worst team in the league with the worst road record in the league. I checked the numbers and they did not look good. Apparently another (winless) pitcher nobody ever heard of with an ERA in the mid 5's was magically turned into Sandy Koufax for a night, carrying a no hitter into the 6th by a pathetic offense. I also know Gaudin was gone after getting hit in the arm by a ball. So what happened?

Also Angel Pagan was carted off the field in his rehab assignment. He's likely gone for at least 3 months.
    Gaudin took a liner off his elbow. He took a few practice throws but his arm was tightening up, so they pulled him. X-rays were negative, just a bruise, so he shouldn't miss any time.

Pagan likely tore his injured left hamstring, so he'll need surgery and will be out 6 to 8 weeks. We won't see him until August.

In other news, after making a few adjustments at the plate, Gary Brown is suddenly tearing it up in Fresno. We might see him sooner than later now that Pagan's going to be gone for a while.

Cubs starter Scott Feldman can be added to the list of pitchers on non-contending teams who have expressed a desire to pitch for the defending World Champs.

Another loss to a crappy team, another injured player.

The bullpen is really hosing it up these days. Affeldt gave up 2 runs with 2 outs last night, and tonight Machi gives up 3 runs with 2 outs. Torres hurt his knee, but x-rays were negative.

Pagan's injury isn't a torn hamstring, but surgery is still looking like the best option.

Panda hit a homer in his rehab game with the SJ Giants.

Down on the Farm, Gray Brown hit another homer today.

So, the Giants got stomped by the last-place-in-all-baseball Marlins, dropping 3 out of 4 in San Francisco.

And now on to Roadageddon II.

3 in LA vs the resurgent Dodgers, 3 in Colorado vs the Rockies, and 4 games in Cincinnati vs the Reds.

Oy.

Meanwhile in Fresno...

Gary Brown is continuing to swing a hot bat. Since listening to his coaches advice, he's hit .403/.448/.855 in 14 games with 7 homers.

Boy this team sucks right now. 1-4 in the last five games against two last place teams. They couldn't beat an AA team right now, much less stay competitive in the division. Except for untimely injuries, sloppy play, bad offense, bad pitching, and no RISP hitting, everything might be okay.
    Good lord the team sucks right now. Never mind the Dodgers or Marlins. Right now the Giants don't look like they could beat a minor league ball club, let alone a major league team.

Different day, same old story. Errors, no RISP hitting, bad pitching and no offense. And once again Michael Kickme gets lit up. It could be an improvement as this time it took 5 innings instead of 2 innings.

Giants next loss is tomorrow when Kershaw throws a complete game and gives up 2 hits.
    I've been out of town since last weekend. WTCG pretty much hit the nail on the head. The team's in a downward spiral, and everyone not named Buster Posey has stopped hitting.

Poor Cain took a vintage Caining. 8 strong with only 1 run allowed, and finishing up with retiring 20 in a row... just to get the ND.

And despite the troubles the Giants remain just 4 out with 92 games remaining.

A few weeks ago in Sacramento, I noticed some sports bars had a poster (an ad for something) featuring Matt Kemp and Buster Posey. Matt Kemp is in the front, and and Posey's in the background.

This past week I was down in Morro Bay, which seemed to be total Dodger and Angel territory. I saw a similar sign by the same company, but this time it featured Buster Posey in the front and Kemp in the background.

I wonder if the distributer mixed up where the signs were supposed to go?

<< <i>And despite the troubles the Giants remain just 4 out with 92 games remaining. >>

Weak division, but you still need to win games, and the offence has gone cold. Even the beat writers have noticed that the clubhouse atmosphere has turned dark and gloomy.

Giants haven't been a sub-500 team after 80 games since 2008, when they were 12 games under. That season ended with them being 18 games under.

Giants have a lot of holes right now. First it was starting pitching, then a few starters started getting it together, then the bullpen started bleeding, now the offence stopped.

Dealing for an arm won't help on days like this. Dealing for a bat won't help when 3/5ths of the rotation is still screwed up. Dealing for a bullpen arm might help, but he's not going to put runs on the board.

If the Giants made a major, bold move, say, trading for an OF bat AND a starter, that might do something. However, where's an impact arm and an impact bat that could be had for what the Giants have to offer?

Looking internally, Gary Brown is still mashing in AAA, but Sabean says he's "not close."

Then again, they also said the same about Buster Posey back in 2010.

<< <i>

<< <i>And despite the troubles the Giants remain just 4 out with 92 games remaining. >>

Weak division, but you still need to win games, and the offence has gone cold. Even the beat writers have noticed that the clubhouse atmosphere has turned dark and gloomy. >>

Lazy journalism at its finest. People only seem to comment on chemistry when teams are losing, and, in all actuality, has little effect on a team's success. The yankees won the title in 2009 despite a number of guys outwardly hating one another (Arod anyone?)

<< <i>Giants haven't been a sub-500 team after 80 games since 2008, when they were 12 games under. That season ended with them being 18 games under. >>

There's a huge difference between being 12 under through 80 games and being 4 under through 70.

<< <i>Giants have a lot of holes right now. First it was starting pitching, then a few starters started getting it together, then the bullpen started bleeding, now the offence stopped. >>

Teams have their peaks and valleys, and its unlike the Giants to stand pat through the trade deadline. The Dodgers got a big pickmeup with Puig, but they will cool down as pitchers figure him out.

<< <i>Dealing for an arm won't help on days like this. Dealing for a bat won't help when 3/5ths of the rotation is still screwed up. Dealing for a bullpen arm might help, but he's not going to put runs on the board. >>

Correct, but a run prevented is just as valuable as a run scored. The Giants are still 13th in OBP and 16th in runs for the year. The offense will rebound, and the Giants as usual will be in the thick of things during the playoff push.

<< <i>If the Giants made a major, bold move, say, trading for an OF bat AND a starter, that might do something. However, where's an impact arm and an impact bat that could be had for what the Giants have to offer?

Looking internally, Gary Brown is still mashing in AAA, but Sabean says he's "not close."

Then again, they also said the same about Buster Posey back in 2010. >>

Correct, and management says these things about minor league players to keep the MLB clubhouse happy. Players rarely do well when they have to look over their shoulder and hear management boasting about their replacement tearing things up in the minors. Expect Brown to come up in July and Perez to be demoted/DFA'd. As far as pitching goes, I see Matt Garza as being a good fit, and it's well known the Giants' minor leagues are stacked with prospects.

<< <i>Expect Brown to come up in July and Perez to be demoted/DFA'd. >>

I don't think they'll be DFA'ing Perez. They'd probably dump Ehire Adrianza first.

<< <i>As far as pitching goes, I see Matt Garza as being a good fit >>

I'm seeing Jake Peavy's name getting floated around too. Boch was his old manager, and there's "mutual interest" reported.

<< <i>and it's well known the Giants' minor leagues are stacked with prospects. >>

Besides Crick and Brown, who did you have in mind?

OT, why are you a fan of 1985?

Madbum to the rescue!

Giants promoted Angel Villalona to AA Richmond yesterday.

I'm not really sure what prompted the promotion though, unless they're attempting to fast-track him or something.

His numbers suck. While he's got some Cal League pop (16 doubles, 14 homers), he hit .229/.278/.433, with 15 walks and 76 strikeouts in 309 plate appearances.

If he's struggling to hit A ball pitching, how much worse is he going to look facing AA pitching?

In a possibly related move, 1st baseman Rickey Oropesa (.207/.255/.307 in AA Richmond) is getting demoted to A San Jose. Oropesa was the Giants 3rd round pick in 2011.

Kickham's working on getting his "earned run" count up. He only gave up 4 runs in his first start, then raised that to 5 earned in his next. Today he stepped it up and got it all the way up to 7 earned in just 2.2 ip.

He was getting jumped on his first pitches. He must have a tell or something.

Now is there any doubt that Mikey KickMe is not the answer? If this guy is the team's best pitching prospect then there are serious issues. This guy hasn't been close to winning a game yet and it's not because of any lack of run support. He just gets lit up like Times Square every time he takes the mound. At this rate maybe we'll get to see a position guy pitch an inning or two before this game is done. They couldn't get lit up worse than Glasses KickMe.

At this rate there is no need to watch this series. They'll be lucky to win a game before the All Star break.

<< <i>If this guy is the team's best pitching prospect then there are serious issues. >>

Kickham's in there only because Gaudin is hurt. Anyways, salvation won't be coming from the Fresno rotation this year.

Vogelsong is back to throwing, and will be starting his rehab shortly.

Ironically, Zack Wheeler has given up 9 runs in the 2 starts after his scoreless debut.

After his scoreless debut the East Coast media was hyping up Zack Wheeler like he was New York's version of Strasburg. As for KickMe, if anybody else from Fresno spot started instead of him I don't think they would do any worse.

They were saying Vogelsong is a month away from coming back. Granted he pitched better in his last start, given his woes earlier in the season I wouldn't really call him the answer to fixing the rotation.

<< <i>They were saying Vogelsong is a month away from coming back. Granted he pitched better in his last start, given his woes earlier in the season I wouldn't really call him the answer to fixing the rotation. >>

Giants will make a trade for a starter. Expect it. However, with Vogelsong getting healthy, he gives the team some options on how to shuffle the last 2 spots in the rotation.

There are a bunch of holes for the team to fill and starting pitching is one of them. Who or what does the team have for trade bait?

Who do you imagine they would go after? Nolasco? Garza?
    Looking back at past July trades during contending years, it seems clear that with some teams, shedding payroll and getting a few guys to stick in the minors is a nice return for letting a guy go. Giants have plenty of guys in A and AA who look good in A and AA. The only time the Giants had to deal primo prospects was when they traded for a guy who was in the All Star game earlier in the month (Freddy Sanchez, Beltran).

Then again, the NL west is a weak division this year, and it'll be hotly contested by all 5 teams. A bidding war could make GMs go crazy and bid up the price of a mediocre pitcher like Nolasco to the kind of price you'd expect for an elite pitcher.

2012:
    Giants get Marco Scutaro and $$ for Charlie Culberson.
    Giants get Hunter Pence for Nate Schierholtz (MLB), Tommy Joseph (legit prospect, AA), and Seth Rosin (A ball pitcher)

2011:
    Giants get Jeff Keppinger for Henry Sosa (AAA starter) and Jason Stoffel (A ball pitcher)
    Giants get Carlos Beltran for Zack Wheeler (A ball, #55 prospect)
    Giants get Orlando Cabrera for Thomas Neal (AAA OF)

2010:
    Giants get Chris Ray and Michael Main (A ball) for Bengie Molina (done mostly to eject Bengie).
    Giants get Javier Lopez for John Bowker (AAAA slugger) and Joe Martinez (AAA starter, non-prospect)
    Giants get Ramon Ramirez for Dan Turpen (AAA reliver)

2009:
    Giants get Ryan Garko for Scott Barns (A ball pitcher)
    Giants get Freddy Sanchez for Tim Alderson (AA ball pitcher, #45 prospect)

2005:
    Giants get Randy Winn for Jesse Foppert (struggling starting pitcher) and Yorvit Torrealba (backup catcher)

As bad as Kickham was last night, I think he was beat over the head with the unlucky stick quite a bit too. That 2 run "double" was a chopper that bounced over Panda's head. Out side of the 3 run homer in the 3rd, most of the hits against him were bloops that managed to miss gloves. Everything but the Kickham double and the Belt homer found a glove.

Surkamp seems to be rehabing pretty well. In 6 short minor league starts this year, he's got a 2.66 era, 0.836 whip, and a very good so/bb ratio of 5.75. We might see him at some point this month.

Bruce Bochy said that Kickham is not making another start, and will be used out of the bullpen for now (aka, until Casilla comes back or the Giants get someone in a trade).

Here's how the Giants starters have been doing. Cain and Bum are locked in it seems. Lincecum is coming around, or at least he isn't wretched anymore. Zito's garbage outside of SF. Gaudin should be healthy for his next start.

Matt Cain (Giants overall 8-9 in his starts):
    Mar/Apr: 6 starts, 6.49 era, 1.298 whip. Giants 1-5
    May: 5 starts, 3.48 era, 1.069 whip. Giants 5-0
    June: 6 starts, 3.10 era, 0.885 whip. Giants 2-4

Madison Bumgarner (Giants overall 10-7 in his starts):
    Mar/Apr: 6 starts, 1.55 era, 0.836 whip. Giants 5-1
    May: 5 starts, 5.17 era, 1.309 whip. Giants 1-4
    June: 6 starts, 3.00 era, 0.923 whip. Giants 4-2

Tim Lincecum (Giants overall 7-9 in his starts):
    Mar/Apr: 5 starts, 3.64 era, 1.348 whip. Giants 4-1
    May: 6 starts, 6.37 era, 1.585 whip. Giants 2-4
    June: 5 starts, 3.60 era, 1.333 whip. Giants 1-4

Barry Zito (Giants overall 8-8 in his starts):
    Mar/Apr: 5 starts, 3.29 era, 1.354 whip. Giants 3-2
    May: 6 starts, 4.33 era, 1.642 whip. Giants 4-2
    June: 5 starts, 5.97 era, 1.779 whip. Giants 1-4

Ryan Vogelsong (Giants overall 4-5 in his starts):
    Mar/Apr: 5 starts, 6.23 era, 1.549 whip. Giants 2-3
    May: 4 starts, 9.00 era, 2.063 whip. Giants 2-2

Chad Gaudin:
    June: 4 starts, 3.38 era, 1.078 whip. Giants 2-2

Mike Kickham:
    3 starts, 13.94 era, 2.419 whip, Giants 0-3.

Here's a shocking look at Zito's home/road splits:
    Home: 10 starts, 1.98 era, 1.225 whip. Giants 8-2
    Road: 6 starts, 10.41 era, 2.458 whip. Giants 0-6

I would say the team has hit rock bottom but the truth is none of them have been hitting much of anything lately.

Sandoval, Crawford and Blanco. How long has it been since any of them has had a hit?

<< <i>I would say the team has hit rock bottom but the truth is none of them have been hitting much of anything. >>

I wonder, would getting perfect-gamed be a "kick in the butt" or a "death-blow"?

<< <i>

<< <i>I would say the team has hit rock bottom but the truth is none of them have been hitting much of anything. >>

I wonder, would getting perfect-gamed be a "kick in the butt" or a "death-blow"? >>

It would make 1/3 of the team fan base jump wagon and land in the A's ride, at least for a few months.

As for the team, it would be like sedating someone already in a catatonic state.
    Just when you thought the team couldn't suck any worse than they have, tonight all expectations are shattered. Calling it disgusting would be an understatement.

Anybody still think this team is a contender? Only title they're contending for at this time is for the title of biggest embarrassment in all of baseball.

Time to blow up this team because to suck badly and get held hitless doesn't require a nine figure payroll.

Never mind a minor league ball club. This band of losers couldn't beat a little league team right now.

<< <i>Just when you thought the team couldn't suck any worse than they have, >>

Actually, they can do worse than they did tonight, they could get perfect-gamed, 3 times in a row to complete a series.

See? That's something to look forward to.

<< <i>Time to blow up this team >>

Who do you get rid of?

<< <i>

<< <i>Just when you thought the team couldn't suck any worse than they have, >>

Actually, they can do worse than they did tonight, they could get perfect-gamed, 3 times in a row to complete a series.

See? That's something to look forward to.

<< <i>Time to blow up this team >>

Who do you get rid of? >>

Make everybody except Posey, Bumgarner and Cain available and don't hesitate to eat salary. Probably should have gave the entire lineup a night off and played the San Jose Giants against Cincy instead. I'm sure they would've left the night with a hit.

As for perfect gamed, maybe that'll happen later this week when they face Kershaw. No-no'd by an otherwise slightly above average pitcher, I can't wait to see what happens against a good one.

I just checked the upcoming schedule. They won't win another game between now and the All Star break. Hell, they might not win another game in July.
    That's right...game tickets at AT&T are subject to dynamic pricing. If true dynamic pricing holds true then a ticket to the series against the Dodgers should cost around $1.25 each, which would be in line with the quality of the product the team is putting out on the field.

Come to think of it, the chances that'll happen are slimmer than the team winning another game before the All Star break. Never mind.

<< <i>

I just checked the upcoming schedule. They won't win another game between now and the All Star break. Hell, they might now win another game in July. >>

if they do win a game between now and the all star break, you should make a promise not to post here for a month. As far as blowing up the team, this is the SAME TEAM that was winning the world series less than a year ago. Way to be overdramatic.

I can't be alone in despising spoiled, entitled fans like WTCG who think that any year that doesn't end in a world series win is a failure and every bad streak is cause for blowing up the team. Don't expect a lot of sympathy from any other team's fans, not with winning 2 of the last 3 world series.