Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

The Official 1977 Topps Star Wars PSA thread

Comments

• Nice set of 10's and I bet not cheap either. I have several sets of the 77 set of 330 and one set is completely from recently opened packs mixed with the best I have. So once I get the money saved it's submit time. I graded this set using a jewelers 60x magnifier and I am conservatively estimating 70 of them are capable of rating a 10, although a few might get an OC but it's very close. I bought one set off Ebay a few weeks ago and they were advertised as "Mint" and I asked them if they are PSA quality and the response was "yes". So I get the cards and proceed to find out that almost all of them are OC...the worthless *^&%$#@.
  • "the worthless *^&%$#@. " You made me laugh on that one. I too have had that happen. If I want to grade, I no longer buy raw sets. Have to buy packs or boxes. Or wait till they show up graded on ebay. I pretty much wait till they show up on ebay someday. And you are right, I paid fairly well for the PSA 10's, but from a great seller, so I didn't mind. Hope all goes well when you get your set graded, that will be some amazing set!
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I have 18 Star Wars 2nd Series PSA 7-9 cards on my 2nd ebay name all starting at 99 cents Star Wars PSA etc ebay link

Sorry to spam the thread will my ebay selling. Also have one PSA sticker on my main ebay name(link in signature)

I have about 150 4th and 5th series cards going to PSA soon and I will post here what my grades are in a few months if anyone needs anything.

• << <i>I have 18 Star Wars 2nd Series PSA 7-9 cards on my 2nd ebay name all starting at 99 cents Star Wars PSA etc ebay link

Sorry to spam the thread will my ebay selling. Also have one PSA sticker on my main ebay name(link in signature)

I have about 150 4th and 5th series cards going to PSA soon and I will post here what my grades are in a few months if anyone needs anything. >>

Hey I saw your auctions and it's gonna be fun to see what they sell for starting at $0.99 each. I am interested in a few myself and same for your soon to be graded ones image
    Thank you BlueLeader. I'm sure they will go pretty cheap. I have some PSA 10's I am holding on to(for now atleast) but none from that series. I might try to put together a series 1 graded set someday.
  • ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 827 ✭✭✭
  • captfischcaptfisch Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about that, my wife tells me she is getting spam mail from me as well. I've deleted all my contacts and hopefully that will stop it. I'll also rerun a virus scan. Thanks for the heads up, I really don't want to lose this email as I've had it for years now.

captfisch
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Capt,

Your email got me too, as recently as this morning... Hope you get it fixed. Be sure to back up all of your files in case your computer crashes. I lost years worth of stuff because I hadn't done so.

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • I know it's off topic but Captfisch if you haven't done so download Microsoft Security Essentials directly from Microsoft and let it update then run a scan. If that doesn't work PM me and I can help you further. BTW, the email bot is not in your contacts, it just reads them. It is actually hidden in the registry or a spamware program buried in your OS file system.
    Good Luck
  • All Sold

Just went through my collection and here are my extras for trade or sale, I have pics of them in my registry set. I will trade one for one on each Grade level.

PSA 9's:`SOLD

PSA 8's
    51 extra
    68 extra

• If anyone has any PSA 10 cards that they are selling or looking to trade, then please email me or send me a personal message. Thx. image
    the Pawn

"When you look into the abyss,
    the abyss also looks into you."
    I may be interested in selling my set, which includes approximately 125 PSA 10's, and about 200 PSA 9's, if the price were right.
    Please pm or email me gregmo32@aol.com with any questions or offers.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
    Gregmo, if your looking to sell, open up your set for viewing, if you don't want to, I'd be interested in any 10's you have that I could use. I'd include my 9 in the transaction so you would still have a full set. Thanks much.

captfisch
  • Anyone there have any raw cards, I just bought a bunch at the local flea market and can almost make a series 2 set and a series 3 set.
    Any help would be appreciated, they don't have to be minty mint, pretty nice shape
    thanks for your time
    need the following:
    series 2
    Series 3
    I am still willing to sell off low population singles from my 1977 Topps Star Wars PSA 10 and PSA 9 set that I broke up recently. If you have needs please let me know. I am looking to sell at retail / current eBay type levels.
    gregmo32@aol.com or PM with questions
  • I am interested in buying some 9's and 10's but I am out of money until Jan 2012 due to Sideshow Collectibles preorders of 1/6th Star Wars and Predators 1/6th figures image.
    Anyone have any recent activity on this set?
    I am looking for some PSA 9's to fill holes. Does anyone have any doubles in list form available?
    I still need some PSA 9's to fill in my set. Does anyone have any doubles available that may help?
    PM or gregmo32@aol.com

Thanks!
  • Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I posted so I thought I'd add something. First, thanks to gregmo32 for keeping the thread alive!

I haven't updated www.vintagestarwarscards.com in a long time, and have in fact been paring back my Star Wars card collecting. I lost my job about 2 years ago, which dead-stopped all of my hobbies. I'm back on my feet now, but I've started www.disc-or-die.com and have been collecting rare disc golf discs rather than Star Wars and James Bond cards.

If anyone is interested in ToppsVault proof cards for the 1977 series, check my auctions on eBay under PUNKER-PAUL as I've put up a bunch. I've also offered up some 1977 O-PEE-CHEE unopened boxes, an unopened U.K. Series 1 box, and lots of other stuff. I'm still keeping the bulk of my collection (my #1 PSA graded sets for example), and I'm not letting anything go cheap, but you may find something that you just can't get anywhere else. My collection is still extensive.

If there is anything that you are particularly interested in, and price isn't important, ask me - I just might make you a deal.
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com
  • Samuel Thomas, if you are out there get in touch. I've been trying to E-mail you.

I also forgot to mention, I did an article on collecting Star Wars cards for Geoffry Carlton's upcoming edition of the Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book - check it out!

Paul Holstein
    PUNKER-PAUL on eBay
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
  • Afternoon,

Just a shout out: Hey Paul, wondered what happened to ya, you used to buy things from me every once in awhile. Hadn't heard from you in a couple of years, now I know why!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
    This set is starting to move again.

I noticed a few PSA 9 singles sold for over $100 this week, and I lost out on a couple PSA 9's that I thought I had set a high enough snipe for.

Is anyone making any progress towards moving up the list? My days of opening fresh wax boxes are behind me, but I still have several hundred ready to submit cards that I am going to build my set and inventory up with.
  • I've recently started working on the Star Wars set again. Due to the economy I was out of collecting for well over a year, but will be making strides to hopefully get my set up to 100% over the next 12 months. I'm currenly at #15 on the list, and hope to crack the top 10 by the end of the year. I helped contribute to cards 217 & 256 in PSA 9 going for over $100. I didn't win, but gave it a go. That's probably considerably higher than those cards are worth, but the ones with low populations in PSA 9 don't come around often, so I felt it was worth paying PSA 10 prices for those.

I was finally able to acquire card #1 in PSA 9, and card #7 in PSA 9. I ended up paying almost $200 for card #1, but felt it was a fair price. The #1 card usually goes for between $150-$225. If you really want that card you're going to have to pay for it, or open a lot of series one packs, which is not cheap either. I still recall when that card in PSA 10 went for around $1K on ebay a couple years ago. Greg, are you still willing to part with any of your PSA 9's with low populations? It sounds like you're working on building your set again, but I might be interested in one or two of your cards at current ebay prices, if you're still interested.
    I agree with you on the low population singles. They are tough to find.

I have partially broken up my set in the past a few times, and both times with two conditions.

1. I really needed money for real-life things.
    2. There was a buyer willing to pay a huge premium to make it worth selling.

I sold a healthy stack of PSA 10's last year and have been trying to fill in the holes with high quality 9's since then.

Obimill,

To answer your question, I have one double of the extremely tough #200 in PSA 9. I paid a huge premium for it about five years ago and have not seen one come up for sale since. My likely use for it will be to trade it for a different tough PSA 9 that I need for my set.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭
    Im still looking for a #1 from the blue set in nm/mt condition for my set if anyone has one for sale. I just want raw, not graded.
  • Wow! Card #30 in PSA 9 just sold for $152.62. That's the highest price I've even seen paid for a PSA 9 (outside of card #1) since I've been collecting the set. Nice to see the strong interest in the set. There's some really great 9's and 10's up on the Bay right now. Pretty sure that card #132 in PSA 9 will end up going for a similar amount. That's a rare one and some of the "heavy hitters" are bidding on that one.
    People are starting to understand the difficulty of finding these cards in true mint condition. The more rare singles do not come up for sale often. I know that in private (off eBay sales) quite a few PSA 9 singles have sold in excess of $200. When there are a few new collectors in the top 10, it will get very interesting.
    If anyone has any PSA 8 or better doubles available, post a list on here or PM me with prices.
    Thanks!
    Gregmo, I have PSA 9: 130, 173, 271, 280, 293, 296, 315, 316, 320, 321, 322, 328. PSA 8: 299. How about $5 per 9 for a total of $60 and $5 more for shipping and I'll include the 8. $65 total if you're interested. Talk to you soon.

captfisch
    Captfisch,

I will take them. Tell me where to send the payment.

Thanks a lot, and good to see you posting on here again!

Best regards,
    Greg

Does anyone else have any PSA 9 or 10 singles to sell?

PM me or email me at gregmo32@aol.com with what you have.

I just saw that a #7 Darth Vader sticker PSA 10 sold on eBay for $1499 this week. I am certain that is the highest price ever paid for a 1977 Topps Star Wars card or sticker.

These low population cards and stickers are starting to really move up with the demand increasing faster than the supply...
    Do you have an eBay number or link I can look at, last big price I saw was about $1100 for a PSA 10 #1 card. Makes me feel better about building my ESB set and perhaps those prices starting to rise...after I finish with it of course.

captfisch
    I have a very nice nm/mt red set raw. Anyone have a nm/mt green set they would like to trade even swap?
    Does anyone have any PSA 9 singles for sale? Pm or email me with what you have...
    Gregmo32@aol.com
    Still looking for PSA 9's if anyone has extras...
    Hi Greg
    I do have a #304 in PSA 9. I would trade it straight up for a raw nm/mt #1 Luke Skywalker. The one I bought with my set was damaged and I'd like to replace it image
  • PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I am new to the non-sports forum, I am mostly a hockey card collector; however, have a soft spot for Star Wars Series 1 wax packs. I was only 3, when it came out. I am working on a full PSA wax box. I am about half way their. I have (3) OPC packs in PSA 9.

If anyone has graded or ungraded packs, please PM me.

Thanks,

Peter
    PFB
    Out of curiosity, what does a PSA 7, 8, or 9 pack sell for? 1977 Topps Series One?
    Yankeeno7,

Sorry I did not notice your post a few months back, but I don't have any raw NM/MT #1's left.

Does anyone else want to trade or sell PSA 9's from their set?
  • I have #83 & #88 in a PSA 10 for sale. PM me if interested.

I'll also have a bunch of PSA 9's from the red series for sale or trade soon.

-Mike
  • I might be interested in some of the red series two PSA 9's as well....
    Please let me know when you have a list together.
    Many thanks !
  • www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
  • I haven't posted in a while, but thought I would check in. I am no longer collecting Star Wars cards (I'm still a collector, just have found some other interests not related to Star Wars cards). I am selling off my entire collection to two collectors primarily (it's very expensive so they are buying slowly) but you may see some other odds and ends on eBay under PUNKER-PAUL.

The two collectors are paying such strong prices (and buying nearly everything) that I have decided not to offer anything up publicly, but I'd like to give you a shot at a few choice items. If they sell for the same or better as I'm otherwise getting, I'd consider offering more. Some of the highlights will be the PSA graded non-U.S. sets that have been #1 for long time (including 1977 Star Wars U.K., 1977 Star Wars Mexican, Australian Decoder Discs, Kelloggs US, Kelloggs Canadian, Spanish Yoplait, Japanese Yamakatsu small, Fher mail-in set, Japanese Menko / Takara (with full set of puzzles) / Myojo Mech, UFO stickers, Scanlens high numbers and LOTS more). I also have ungraded sets including the Argentina set (missing only a couple character cards) and Allen's/Regina, my master set of unopened packs and flattened wrappers, and many autographed cards.

FIRST TRY FOR YOU:

1983 Myojo Noodles Star Wars - Japan: Paul Holstein's Vintage Star Wars Card Set: Myojo Noodles Japan

Is anyone interested in a Myojo Mech 30-card PSA Graded set? If someone buys this, I'll probably open up the flood gates. If I remember correctly, these ran me about $40 per card and there are 30 of them (so that's $1,200 for the base set). Add on a couple hundred for grading, and a couple hundred for tracking them down individually including a few rejects that had to be sold at a loss... I probably had $1,600 into the set. Add on for the time-value of money ... i.e. I invested in this set years ago and expect to get some appreciation.... and the fact there there are some high grade cards here ... I'd start taking offers at $2,000.

SECOND TRY FOR YOU:

I have a TON of Topps Vault proofs. One of the two collectors is giving me about $60-$75 per (some are two-card sets, some are one card). If anyone is willing to go $80 - $100 on them, I'll list 20 or so here to choose from.

I also have this complete SWEDISH set on eBay right now:

eBay Auction: Swedish Star Wars Card Set

Paul Holstein
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
  • These are on eBay now under PUNKER-PAUL. Nice lot of Kellogg's Canadian PSA graded (from unopened packs that I got from an ex-Kellogg's employee), complete set of Campina Ice Cream stickers still connected and signed by Kenny Baker, and the huge lot of Swedish Star Wars cards including 13 that are PSA 9 MINT. From an advanced collection, you won't see these quality of auctions much. Prices to skyrocket when the new movies hit theatres??

www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    I have a bunch of series 4 and 5 at PSA now. I'll post the results here
    Paul,

I am sorry to hear that you are moving on from the Star Wars cards. I will miss your contributions to this segment of our hobby.

For those of you that have not been collecting for a long time, Paul has what I regard as the most extensive collection of high grade Star Wars cards on the planet. The GPA's of sets he owns are incredible, and are evidence of a passion for collecting the highest quality items. If you are looking to buy cards that you may not see again for a decade or more, I would strongly suggest looking at what he has for sale. I wish I had the funds available to make some offers myself.

• Finally got my list together. Also willing to consider trades for PSA 9's I need. Send me a PM if interested.

-Mike

PSA 10
    83 - $215 - SOLD
    88 - $255 - SOLD

PSA 9
    67 - $40 - SOLD
    90 - $30
    95 - $8
    103 - $20
    128 - $30
    131 - $20

PSA 8.5