imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Darth! How could you do that to your own son???!!!

LMAO...I love seeing the action figures take control!
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I have an extra copy of #277 PSA 8, the hardest card in the set. If anyone wants it for $15 PM me or email me at gregmo32@aol.com .
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Paul:

I am looking for a few OPC cards... #151, #188 and "Ken Kenobi".

Thanks,
    Scott
    My sets:
  • Options
    Scott,

I don't have any extras of "Ken Kenobi", as someone recently bought my extras of that card and the #207 error from the Topps set.

But I do have some singles of #151 and #188. Send me your addres to transparentpunk@hotmail.com and I'll mail them out to you no charge.

Paul H.
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Thanks Paul. E-mail sent. Can't wait to see those Vader cards in bright orange.

Scott
    My sets:
  • Options
    Greg:

If your #277 dupe has a crisp photo on it, I'd like to buy it.

Paul:
    I'd like to buy a Orange series OPC set from you (Sans Kenobi).

Scott
    My sets:
  • Options
    Card #200. A very interesting beast. That sucker is in the same league as #277. The pop report says three 9s and one ten. However, I have one of the 9s and it is definately overgraded. It is actually a marginal 8. That makes the pop really something like two 9s and one 10. I have some samples of that card that aren't even true rectangles, literally. I'll post some scans if I get time. I have about 30 of them and could hardly find one to get the "starting nod". It should get a SGC 88. My PSA 9 sample will be sold, providing my Darth Vader action figure doesn't get to it, like he did my PSA 9 #57. Actually I am thinking about cracking it out and sending PSA the flip so they can readjust the pop report. Not sure.

Scott
    My sets:
  • Options
    #200 is definitely a tough one to find mint and centered. There are a few cards in the set that I have seen hundreds of and find it difficult to imagine what a 10 might look like. That is why some of my 8's are very dear to me!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Greg:

I did some "research" on #200. It looks like you hold one of the 9s, bumchex holds the other 9 and Jon holds the 10.

How is your 9, would you say that it is a solid 9, or do we scatch it off the list like mine? The centering on Jon's 10 looks pretty solid by the looks of his scan. Here is a picture of my "keeper". It will be on its way to Parsippany, NJ (SGC) in a couple of weeks. It is the best out of 40 samples.

Scott

My sets:
  • Options
    The PSA 9 of #200 that I have is centered pretty well, about like yours. It does have some small yellow spots on the green border which make it not as nice as I hope, but it is definitely the nicest one I have seen. I don't think it is one I submitted myself but I have not been able to find one better.
  • Options
    Card #133 is the reason I am taking my business to SGC. There is just waaaaaay too much of this junk in 10 holders. #157 looks rather questionable with top to bottom centering as well. I can say that there would be a 0% chance of me cracking out #133 and resubmitting for another 10. I cracked out a card that I recently bought from this seller and had a 9 come back as a 8 ST.

My sets:
  • Options
    I definitely see the problem... but hey, those are all REALLY nice looking cards...

Paul H.
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
  • Options

My sets:
  • Options
    A few more PSA 9 #1 cards have been added to the population the last few months. Does anyone have an extra or know of one for sale or trade?
  • Options
    I am working on some ungraded sets and found that I need a bunch of #207. Does anyone have any extras? Condition is irrelevant. I could use 20 of them at least.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    So I dont have to sift through the entire thread, can any of you guys list what seem to be the toughest cards for the grade? I can look at the pop reports but even that doesnt always tell the story of what people are looking for...and paying crazy money for.
  • Options
    LOL ok, I'll stop being lazy and sift through the thread! image
  • Options
    Yankee,

Off the top of my head, the cards I have had the hardest time finding have been 277 200 23 48 1 in MINT or better condition.

There are others but those stand out in my memory - some of them I am still looking for centered and mint.
  • Options
    Thanks Greg
  • Options
    Any chance PSA will change its policy and grade the 207 error?
    Does anybody know if any of the other major companies will grade this very sordid card?
    Seems really stupid PSA won't grade.
    Thanks,
    Ericimage
  • Options
    Does anyone have any interest in trading stickers for cards? I would be willing to trade some of my PSA cards for stickers that would help upgrade my collection.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I need multiples of the following cards for some sets I am building. Condition is irrelevent as the sets I am building are all over the place condition wise. Creases are even acceptable - I just need the numbers!

Does anyone have any of these laying around?
  • Options
    I have a 119 I'll be sending out to you. Sorry, thats the only one I have for you.
    Barry
  • Options
    captfischcaptfisch Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    Finally got the last PSA 8 out of my set!!! Thanks to Scott who had the #123 in PSA 9. With that, the last PSA 8 is gone and the whole set is in 9's and 10's!!! Now I have to figure out what else to do. I'll continue to upgrade as they pop up, but I probably won't be sending in any more mass Star Wars cards to be graded. Good luck out there.

captfischimage
  • Options
    Thanks for looking Barry! If you want to just stick it in a regular envelope with a 39 cent stamp that is fine. How do you want me to reimburse you for it?

Capt Fisch,

Congratulations on a great accomplishment! I know what a difficult task that has been!

_greg
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for looking Barry! If you want to just stick it in a regular envelope with a 39 cent stamp that is fine. How do you want me to reimburse you for it?

Capt Fisch,

Congratulations on a great accomplishment! I know what a difficult task that has been!

_greg >>

No compensation necessary Greg! You have been incredible helpful in my own quest, it's the VERY LEAST I could do!
  • Options
    I'll still upgrade the Star Wars set, but now I can work on upgrading my ESB and ROTJ sets. Any trades or upgrades that you have will be much appreciated!! Thanks much.

captfisch
  • Options
  • Options
    I look forward to your results. Hopefully you'll get them back before the 2007 Awards deadline!!

captfisch
  • Options
    Anybody got anything new?
  • Options
    Only from you, Greg! image
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody got anything new? >>

OT - USPS to produce Star Wars Stamps! See Stamps Forum!
    Treasures of a Lifetime: Something of value from a period of time representing someone's life!

Edited: My URL removed! I don't spam!
  • Options
    Anybody here going to the Star Wars convention in LA over Memorial Day Weekend? I'm going and debating whether to bring my extra PSA cards or not. If several PSA collectors are going, it would be nice to get together and do some trades or just meet and put a face to a name. Good luck out there!

Captfisch
  • Options
    Does anyone have any new stuff to trade?
  • Options
    I think it has to be time to bump this to the top.

Has anyone made any submissions lately?
  • Options
    Looking to purchase the following at PSA 8 or higher. No qualifiers.

1977 Topps Star Wars Series 1: Blue #7
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 1: Blue #30
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 1: Blue #39
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 1: Blue #42
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 1: Blue #65
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 1: Blue #66
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 2: Red #70
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 2: Red #80
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 2: Red #117
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 2: Red #127
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 2: Red #133
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 3: Yellow #151
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 3: Yellow #172
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 3: Yellow #190
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 5: Orange #294
    1977 Topps Star Wars Series 5: Orange #326
  • Options
    Have some extras I picked up in a lot for sale or trade (no Q's) !
    Shoot me some offers !

1977 Topps SW Ser. 1: #45 PSA 8
    1977 Topps SW Ser. 2: #93 PSA 8.5
    1977 Topps SW Ser. 2: #116 PSA 8
    1977 Topps SW Ser. 3: #134 PSA 8
    1977 Topps SW Ser. 3: #146 PSA 8
    1977 Topps SW Ser. 5: #270 PSA 8
    1977 Topps SW Ser. 5: #271 PSA 8

Will do even trades or multiples for upgrades for anything that might fill some registry holes. My set is listed as "The Ledford Collection".
    Still needing approx. 100 cards for my set so let me know what you have !
  • Options
    Welcome aboard, Fokker!

What is your Registry set named? I will look and see if I have anything that will help you.

gregmo32@aol.com or PM if you prefer...
  • Options
    I'm looking to buy these in PSA 8 or better (NQ):

#50, 56, 59, 70, 72, 73, 74, 84, 85, 87, 88, 106, 111, 115, 127, 128, 144, 145, 149, 162, 292, 294, 295, 302, 309, 323, 327.

paul@jamesbondcards.com
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
  • Options
    I have the following 1977 Topps Star Wars cards for sale.

All were submitted prior to the .5 grading scale and most were personal submissions taken fresh from wax packs and boxes and sent directly to PSA.

Series One and Five are $5.95 each and the rest are $4.95 each. PM or gregmo32@aol.com with any questions.

PSA 8 (4.95 each)

PSA 8 ($5.95)

• Options
    Greg,

I'll take #10, 34, 55, 292.

Please send a PayPal invoice to transparentpunk@hotmail.com if they are still available.

Paul Holstein
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
  • Options

Andrew gets the following

# 92 PSA 8
    # 165 PSA 8
    # 299 PSA 8

Paul gets

#10, 34, 55, 292

Thanks to you both!

• Options
    Many thanks Greg !
    Andrew
  • Options
    I also have a few PSA 9's for sale (NQ).

$18.95 each, delivered.

• Options
    Does anyone know if beckett grades 1977 star wars cards?
  • Options
    I assume they would. Might have even seen one a while back...
  • Options
    I'm interested in purchasing your PSA 9's, #'s, 79, 124, 274. If those are still available please send an invoice on Paypal to millrcjm@aol.com. You had stated the price was 18.95 each. I realize that I'm new to the board but have been collecting 1977 Star Wars cards for the past few months. I've been collecting PSA 9's and 10's, and my set is registered under Christian Miller Star Wars PSA Set. To date I've made all my purchases on EBAY, including PSA9 #131 from the infamous Paul Holstein. I actually didn't know this was his listing, but when the card arrived in the mail I saw his name on the return address and was very surprised. I've been collecing baseball and football PSA cards for years, but after running across Paul's Star Wars web site one day, I became highly motivated to start collecting Star Wars PSA cars. I'm 37 and those were actually the first cards I ever collected. I never realized there was a niche of collectors for Star Wars cards. I'm excited to spend the next few years completing my set. I plan to only add PSA 9's of 10's to my set. - Christian