Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Known by your avatar...

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some members are known by their avatar.... If you changed your avatar I would be completely thrown!

@tradedollarnut with his fantastic coin
@TomB with the old school demon (which doesn't;t fit his personality as far as I know)
@CaptHenway with whatever that is
@SkyMan with the toned Franklin
@messydesk with the french horn
@EagleEye with the eagle eye GIF
@keets with the Fear and Loathing in LAs Vegas thing going. That by the way is how I imagine you.
@RYK is his retirement with the eagle reverse. I miss you man.

Any others come to mind as borderline iconic avatars?

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2018 5:29PM

Second @keets and the Fear and Loathing thing :)
    And many of the others you mentioned. TDN, TomB, Captn, EagleEye. I'd add
    @coinsarefun @Yorkshireman @Justacommeman and of course, @Boosibri (though my mind's voice always says "Boobsi" :)

Lots of good posters change their avatars. Mine has been the same, I think, since 2001.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

@Weiss said:
    Second @keets and the Fear and Loathing thing :)
    And many of the others you mentioned. TDN, TomB, Captn, EagleEye. I'd add
    @coinsarefun @Yorkshireman and of course, @Boosibri (though my mind's voice always says "Boobsi" :)

Lots of good posters change their avatars. Mine has been the same, I think, since 2001.

My last name is Boosi, pronounced Boozi. I never expected to stay as an avid poster when I first joined. If I had to do it over again I would have chosen a different name.

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you for the assorted avatars you've mentioned. I'd include @ricko with his pistol.

• Options

@SkyMan said:
    I agree with you for the assorted avatars you've mentioned. I'd include @ricko with his pistol.

Indeed

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the pic of Landry/Stabach(sp) from 2001 until Jan. of this year. It is now my Poodle I had for 14 years.....Rebecca. :'(

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2018 5:52PM

Justacommeman with the REAL Dos Equis guy.
    Goldbully with the treasure chest that opens and closes is eye catching.
    chumley with the cat wearing the melon helmet.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2018 5:21AM

I just changed to a more appropriate avatar for this place.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bear........... with the Bear. Always fun to see old posts and his avatar.
    @Cardinal's cameo Liberty
    probably others I'm forgetting........

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

<--- That's Captain Ahab!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    Some members are known by their avatar.... If you changed your avatar I would be completely thrown!

@TomB with the old school demon (which doesn't;t fit his personality as far as I know)
    @keets with the Fear and Loathing in LAs Vegas thing going. That by the way is how I imagine you.

So this is a thread about who is popular and who is not? Yikes................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@spacehayduke said:

@Boosibri said:

So this is a thread about who is popular and who is not? Yikes................

Nope, just avatars which Have come to identify the posters

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

when I first joined I didn't know how to upload an avatar so I chose the "Unknown Comic" bag-head. there didn't seem to be anyone else using it and I remember seeing it and thinking it was me, only to discover another member had picked it.

Lord Marcovan finally helped me upload my current one.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord M has a identifiable icon IMO....

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you noticed the wave on newbies that ask crazy questions about pocket change? They all have some cartoon face in a circle avatar. Still makes me wonder about Alts!
    Anyways, my first avatar was the squirrel opening the 3 beer cans picture. I changed it a few times. I also had Moe from the 3 Stooges with an angry face.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was until I was trying to change my pre software changeover Morgan .gif to a new Carr .gif and it wouldn't let me AND I lost my original. So utterly sad about that to this day still. Wish they would update the software to allow .gif avatars again

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2018 10:37PM

@Stooge said:
    ...They all have some cartoon face in a circle avatar...

Some people have no imagination. @ThePennyLady has a simple, yet distinctive avatar. @dcarr has a rather unique avatar of his initials intertwined.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2018 7:15AM

Oh well.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've kept mine the same since 2005.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is the dog pictured in his avatar.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2018 6:06AM

Mine has been the same since the late '90's....Kept it through software changes and about 20+ years of forum life....It will remain so until I no longer exist. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add CRO's crest to the list.

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

I changed my avatar only once during the past 12 years, it's been a real hoot here.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Weiss I've never been included or mentioned like this. I think I have
    only changed twice. One was a French metal and then this one.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insider2.................but he just changed to a more "souped up" chair.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    Insider2.................but he just changed to a more "souped up" chair.

Yep Can't leave out our iconic Disagreeing Champion even though he upgraded his gadget.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only changed mine once and this one is here to stay for good. I usually look to the avatars to see who's posting.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea what half the avatars are, kinda silly if no one else can figure it out but you.

IMO, it really should be coin related.

Some make zero sense to me.

Some are offensive.

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2018 9:49AM

i like change.

(get it)

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had my two C's since day one and will not change.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Established 25 November 2001

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

mine is a lemon tree at my old house, just in case anyone cares, loved that tree, great lemons, couldn't take it with me

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense...but that is the 1 avatar that makes me want to puke every time I see it. I find it hard not to think poorly of you because of it! But I don't and do let it roll off my eyes...although tough for me

@Outhaul said:

Established 25 November 2001

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    when I first joined I didn't know how to upload an avatar so I chose the "Unknown Comic" bag-head. there didn't seem to be anyone else using it and I remember seeing it and thinking it was me, only to discover another member had picked it.

Lord Marcovan finally helped me upload my current one.

Damn, all this time I thought it was just some drunk guy laying in a car. lulz

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom is a green demon. Always enjoyed Outhauls avatar and posts.

In the early days you could only choose a stock icon. Then folks were allowed to upload one, which went in to the data base, which then everyone could and did use. Mine has changed many times. Only use coins I own.

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keoj is a rare poster whose seated liberty always catches my eye

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keoj is a rare poster whose seated liberty always catches my eye

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<-------- Of course mine is a 1918/7-D Buffalo Nickel overdate that I own. I love the way the 7 slashes through the 8.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

My old avatar was the skull and crossbones from a Washington Funeral Medal that I used to have, but someone else started using it, so I had to find a more obscure coin.

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh how I remember the excitement generated when avatar upload day arrived in the old format!

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine has never changed.

Larry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file