Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Leaving balmy 80 deg weather for FRIGID Florida FUN.

EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tucson is sunny and 80's. I'll have to leave it behind for a week.

Looks like cold, wet and rainy weather for Tampa this week. Lows in the 30's - highs in the 60's.

Of course, if you are coming from New York, it is an improvement.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Comments

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunny and 80s? We have sunny and 8. Well, actually it's 3, but still sunny. Maybe tomorrow it'll be 8 before it cools off again.

Looking forward to thawing in Tampa for a few days.

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

Are you glad it's not here?

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭

Will be -4 in Boston tonight so mid fifties is shorts weather to me

• Options
    hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at single digit lows, so yes I'll take whatever Tampa gives us

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EagleEye said:
    Looks like cold, wet and rainy weather for Tampa this week. Lows in the 30's - highs in the 60's.

That's like winter car washing weather where I grew up in upstate NY.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be an improvement from here in Illinois. :)B)

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would much rather be at FUN.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2017 3:05PM

Just got done jogging and doing some yardwork in shorts and a tee shirt over on the east coast of FL. Temp has cooled off to 65, so I closed the windows.
    Yes, next week looks chilly and wet down here.
    Fortunately my daughter gets married in Tampa the following week, where the forecast is sunny and mid-70's.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the things I miss when I moved from God's country (Wisconsin) to North Carolina on a cold, crisp below zero morning is the feeling of my snot freezing up in my nose.

Priceless. Those that live in the cold have other favorites too.

Was mid 50's here in Pinehurst today - will cool off a little the next week or so. Golf is on hold for a week.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering what you get in the summer...should be a fair trade off than what I get up here. Share me your pain during those dog days... >:)o:)

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, high here today was 11.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, so the rest of the country isn't like SoCal? Who knew! :lol:

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they could forecast the year so I could plan my days off accordingly.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WildIdea said:
    I wish they could forecast the year so I could plan my days off accordingly.

I wish they could simply forecast!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Visiting the folks up in VT, this is actual temp not counting wind chill. Brrrrrr

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭

You will forgive us if we do not sympathize with you. Unlike you, I am unable to attend the FUN Show this year, being forced to brave the cold of the frozen Maine tundra. Yesterday's high temperature here was just 8º, and the low was -8º. The wind chill ranged from -15º to -25º, and in one part of the state it was -37º. Interestingly, the temperature at the North Pole yesterday was 4º, so it was actually colder here than at the North Pole. So please stop your complaining about the 60º temperatures forecast for Tampa during the FUN Show. Enjoy the show, the camaraderie of fellow collectors, and if you need additional warming, look at some nice half dimes to warm the cockles of your heart. :)

They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Four degrees here in my area of NYS this morning...yesterday was minus two degrees. It is, however, quite comfortable in my house - where I plan to remain today.... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketArt said:
    Considering what you get in the summer...should be a fair trade off than what I get up here. Share me your pain during those dog days... >:)o:)

I totally love the heat and humidity of the gulf summers, and the mild winters, as noted are splendid. Heat and humidity is like sub freezing cold and dry, puts you out of your comfort zone, makes you feel alive. When I lived in Chicago and Edmonton in particular, we had those uber freezing cold weeks which were great, however, then you had to deal with the slight freezing to near freezing weather for months. Not............ Don't miss the northern climes at all for the winters for sure. Great summers up N tho for sure.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been very warm here in Florida until the past few days. We were over 80 degrees most days in December. I wish we could have had what we have now on around Christmas.

It's not going to be that bad. There are no freezes predicted in Tampa, which good. I don't like having to replace my plants.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file